2 point try...

Otter

Nothing to see here
...if they take the penalty, why don't the Eagles get the play over after a 5 yard mark off??????

I wonder how many people completely blew that call when it happened..I didn't even think twice about it and it was a no-brainer..It was a penalty, Packers accept the penalty, Eagles go again, they don't take the penalty, the Eagles get 2..Was smacking myself upside the head when they came back from commercial and had corrected the call. I hate Duh!! moments..lol

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wonder how many people completely blew that call when it happened..I didn't even think twice about it and it was a no-brainer..It was a penalty, Packers accept the penalty, Eagles go again, they don't take the penalty, the Eagles get 2..Was smacking myself upside the head when they came back from commercial and had corrected the call. I hate Duh!! moments..lol

Me, too. I miss stuff like this too often, admire when other people catch it and, thus, was quite pleased with myself last night because I caught it right away.

:diva:

:lol:

...if they take the penalty, why don't the Eagles get the play over after a 5 yard mark off??????

Good call (I mean by you).

My initial (like 2 seconds long) reaction was - cool, they'll get another try (for the football pool, I kinda needed them to successfully convert). But that thought quickly turned to - dangit, no they won't - and when the officials confirmed that was the case, I just assumed that was correct.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Interesting stat;

2 point conversation rate is just a hair under 50%.

1 point rate is just a pinch under 100%.

What if a kick was moved back to, say, a 35 yarder? Would that promote for going for 2's, less ties and a better game reducing the role of, as this proposed rule is intended, Grahm Gano?