20 DRAWBACKS OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES DRIVERS OVERLOOK

black dog

Free America
Go back to lead acid batterys, easily 100% recyclable....
Lead batterys are already one of the few things that are almost 100% recycled...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Tesla has secured a lithium supply contract with Ganfeng Lithium Co, the world's largest producer of battery-grade lithium. China's Ganfeng Lithium Co Ltd and its unit GFL International Co Ltd announced in a filing on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange today that they signed a three-year supply agreement with Tesla.Nov 1, 2021

glhs837

Power with Control
In the mid-80s, someone I worked for bought a suzuki samurai.

They needed something picked up for the office one day and he threw me the keys. I couldn't even sit upright in the thing it was so short on head room.

Told him he needed to drive the toy car himself.

You sure that was a Samurai? My six foot tall son fit fine in his. I think it had more headroom than its competitors. Of course, that's because it was thinner in every dimension :)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You sure that was a Samurai? My six foot tall son fit fine in his. I think it had more headroom than its competitors. Of course, that's because it was thinner in every dimension :)
Pretty sure it was. Of course all those toy cars look like to me.

Clem72

Dude bought a Suzuki Sidekick and rebadged it as a Samurai.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Li-Ion Batteries in Electric Vehicles Will Last a Lot Longer Thanks to a Neat Trick

Another big problem with Li-Ion batteries is the inevitable loss of capacity while they’re being used – that is getting charged, discharged, and recharged. This happens because small bits of lithium become loose from the battery’s electrodes with every charging and discharging cycle. Now, a team of DOE and Stanford scientists announced they’ve been able to make these “dead” lithium bits “reconnect” with the battery’s negative electrode.

I always thought of isolated lithium as bad since it causes batteries to decay and even catch on fire. We have discovered how to electrically reconnect this ‘dead’ lithium with the negative electrode to reactivate it,” said Yi Cui, a professor at Stanford and SLAC and investigator with the Stanford Institute for Materials and Energy Research (SIMES), in an interview with Science Daily.

The method for reactivating the lithium anode involves providing a big surge in discharging current at the end of a charge cycle. This moves the isolated lithium ions toward the anode. The higher the discharging current, the faster they move and the more efficient the process is. The results of the study have been validated with multiple test batteries and through computer simulations.

glhs837

Power with Control
Go back to lead acid batterys, easily 100% recyclable....
Lead batterys are already one of the few things that are almost 100% recycled...

Did you mean to power EVs? The problem is power density. You either have a pittance of range or you have a huge battery.