2008 SoMd Equine Conference

showqueen74

Just thought I'd start a new thread, instead of it being buried in another........

2008 Southern Maryland Equine Conference - Agenda & Registration attached.

The Southern Maryland Agricultural Commission will host a 3 day Equine Conference, April 3, 4 at the J. T. Daugherty Center in Lexington Park, and April 5 horsemanship demonstrations at Flat Iron Farm, Great Mills. The conference is tailored to inform and support the equine and farming community. Sessions include hay & nutrition topics, timely pasture recommendations for the region, broodmare and young horse management, important legal updates for Maryland equine businesses and horse owners, business planning and farm management, lameness, equine dentistry and more. Horsemanship demonstrations feature international clinicians Susan Harris and Peggy Brown "Anatomy in Motion". Attend any or all three days. $20 per day or $50 for all three (includes breakfast & lunch on 4/3 & 4/4) For registration and information visit So. Maryland So Good...# What's In Season? or call (301) 274-1922. Registration due by March 21.

Susan McQuilkin
Marketing Executive
So. Maryland, So Good
Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission
smcquilkin@somarylandsogood.com
# 301-274-1922
Fax 301-274-1924
I know it was in the classsifieds, but don't see it now????

showqueen74

FYI

Thursday April 3: first session commences 8:30am on April 3 & 4

Price Vs. Cost of Hay – Hay prices making your eye’s water? Advice for $’s wisely spent
Selecting the Right Hay and Feed for Your Horse – Get the most value for your hay dollar
10:30am - Reinvigorating Drought Stressed Pastures - timely recommendations for the region
11:15am - What’s in your pasture? indoor pasture walk – know your weeds - features live plant exhibits
12:45am - Pasture & Nutrition Panel – an opportunity to ask the experts
2:00pm - Caring for Two – Management and Nutrition of the Broodmare and Newborn Foal.
3:00pm - Management and Nutrition of the Young and Growing horse

Friday April 4

Planning for Success - a straightforward look at equine business plan development
9:30am - Farm Management for the Small Equine Operation – avoid mistakes and learn from hindsight
10:30am - Important Legal updates for Horse Owners – a must know for all - liability, releases, contracts, OSHA, employment
11:15am Business, Marketing & Regulatory Panel – have your questions ready - business & marketing advice
12:30 - Keynote Address: Susan Harris & Peggy Brown, Anatomy in Motion
2:00pm - No Hoof, No Horse – keys to hoof health, reduce lameness problems & optimize performance
3:00pm - Equine Dentistry – what every horse owner needs to know & what’s new
Saturday April 5 - Demonstration Day - Registration 8-9am

(Flat Iron Farm, Great Mills, indoor ring and seating, breakfast & lunch available)

SUSAN HARRIS AND PEGGY BROWN – present Anatomy in Motion TM, The Visible Horse and Rider This exciting demonstration presents the horse as a living canvas to illustrate the skeletal and muscular systems in motion. See how the proper use of the rider’s body can prevent stress and difficulty in riding and training, recognize the elements of good movement and performance and achieve balance as you ride. The presentation is a valuable learning experience for riders from all disciplines, levels and abilities. A highly recommended teaching tool for instructors, trainers, equine massage therapists, 4-H and pony clubs. Riders and horses featuring dressage, western & hunter jumper disciplines will be provided by area riding clubs and associations. For more information on Susan Harris & Peggy Brown visit: Anatomy In Motion - the site for seriuos equestrians

devinej

i think the demos will be good - they are going to paint on a white horse the skeleton, muscles, have a rider in a skeleton suit, but Also, she's having demo riders from several different disciplines - dressage, jumping, western pleasure, ride as well while explaining their mechanics

devinej

Saturday's schedule begins with registration at 8:00 AM. Presentations get under way at 9:00 AM

9:00-10:00 am The Visible Horse
10:00-10:20 am Break
10:20-11:20 am The Visible Rider
11:20-12:30 pm Biomechanics of Dressage
12:30 -1:30 pm LUNCH
1:30 - 2:30 pm Biomechanics of Western Pleasure
2:30 - 3:30 pm Biomechanics of Hunter/Jumper

Spicober

Just thought I'd start a new thread, instead of it being buried in another........

2008 Southern Maryland Equine Conference - Agenda & Registration attached.

The Southern Maryland Agricultural Commission will host a 3 day Equine Conference, April 3, 4 at the J. T. Daugherty Center in Lexington Park, and April 5 horsemanship demonstrations at Flat Iron Farm, Great Mills. The conference is tailored to inform and support the equine and farming community. Sessions include hay & nutrition topics, timely pasture recommendations for the region, broodmare and young horse management, important legal updates for Maryland equine businesses and horse owners, business planning and farm management, lameness, equine dentistry and more. Horsemanship demonstrations feature international clinicians Susan Harris and Peggy Brown "Anatomy in Motion". Attend any or all three days. $20 per day or $50 for all three (includes breakfast & lunch on 4/3 & 4/4) For registration and information visit So. Maryland So Good...# What's In Season? or call (301) 274-1922. Registration due by March 21.

Susan McQuilkin
Marketing Executive
So. Maryland, So Good
Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission
smcquilkin@somarylandsogood.com
# 301-274-1922
Fax 301-274-1924
I know it was in the classsifieds, but don't see it now????

I missed this whole thread the first time! Its to late to sign up now I gues:doh: I would have gone:(

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
It was nice meeting you and your friend today Showqueen. Today is the only day that I could make.

showqueen74

Hey V!

I need to register for Sat...is it full yet?

I don't have anything to do with this,(as far as putting it on, just sharing info that I have) so I don't know if they are full. If you have a chance, stop by the Doterty (sp?) center and see, there is a registration booth out side of the confrance room.

R

remaxrealtor

I don't have anything to do with this,(as far as putting it on, just sharing info that I have) so I don't know if they are full. If you have a chance, stop by the Doterty (sp?) center and see, there is a registration booth out side of the confrance room.

Thanks!