2009 Redskins Schedule

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
The NFL released team schedules yesterday. Since the Crapskins seem to be the team of choice around here, I'll post theirs for you guys. :huggy:

Redskins Announce 2009 Regular Season Schedule

Some quick highlights of the Redskins’ schedule:

• For the second year in a row, the Redskins open the regular season against the New York Giants at the Meadowlands.
  • The Redskins play two home games on Monday Night Football: Week 7 vs. Philadelphia and Week 15 vs. the Giants.
  • The Redskins also play a home game on Sunday Night Football in Week 16 vs. Dallas.
  • The bye arrives midseason, in Week 8.
  • Four of the final seven games are against NFC East opponents.
  • For the second year in a row, the Redskins play consecutive road games at Dallas and at Philadelphia.
  • For the second year in a row, the Redskins close out the regular season on the West Coast with a matchup against the San Diego Chargers.
  • Six of the Redskins’ games this season are against opponents with new head coaches (including Oakland’s Tom Cable, who was interim coach last year).

Date Opponent Time TV
Sunday, Sept. 13 @ New York Giants 4:15 p.m. ET FOX
Sunday, Sept. 20 St. Louis Rams 1 p.m. ET FOX
Sunday, Sept. 27 @ Detroit Lions 1 p.m. ET FOX
Sunday, Oct. 4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m. ET FOX
Sunday, Oct. 11 @ Carolina Panthers 1 p.m. ET FOX
Sunday, Oct. 18 Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. ET CBS
Monday, Oct. 26 Philadelphia Eagles 8:30 p.m. ET ESPN
Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE --- ---
Sunday, Nov. 8 @ Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m. ET FOX
Sunday, Nov. 15 Denver Broncos 1 p.m. ET CBS
Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Dallas Cowboys 1 p.m. ET* FOX
Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. ET* FOX
Sunday, Dec. 6 New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. ET* FOX
Sunday, Dec. 13 @ Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. ET* FOX
Monday, Dec. 21 New York Giants 8:30 p.m. ET ESPN
Sunday, Dec. 27 Dallas Cowboys 8:20 p.m. ET* NBC
Sunday, Jan. 3 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 p.m. ET* FOX

BuddyLee

Football addict
Can't make too many predictions off this schedule. The AFC West is up one year and cellar the next.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Can't make too many predictions off this schedule. The AFC West is up one year and cellar the next.

Sure we can!

Lose wk 1 to the Giants
Win at home against the Rams
Win at Detroit
Win Bucs here
Win at over rated Carolina
Win at home against the woeful chiefs
Win Eagles here going into the bye 6-1, flying high

Big win at Atl coming out of the bye
Beat the Broncs here, 8-1 and going crazy
loss at Dallas
loss at Philly
beat the Saints here
ugly loss at Oakland looking ahead to the Giants 9-4
huge win, home, over the Giants for fist place in the east
huge win over the Cowboys to keep the lead
tired, sore and another cross country trip, loss to SD

11-5 :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Sure we can!

Lose wk 1 to the Giants
Win at home against the Rams
Win at Detroit
Win Bucs here
Win at over rated Carolina
Win at home against the woeful chiefs
Win Eagles here going into the bye 6-1, flying high

Big win at Atl coming out of the bye
Beat the Broncs here, 8-1 and going crazy
loss at Dallas
loss at Philly
beat the Saints here
ugly loss at Oakland looking ahead to the Giants 9-4
huge win, home, over the Giants for fist place in the east
huge win over the Cowboys to keep the lead
tired, sore and another cross country trip, loss to SD

11-5 :buddies:
Hey there!

What ever happened to last years tame response?

"Now now Buddy Lee, let us not make schedule predictions. One week at a time young man.":lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey there!

What ever happened to last years tame response?

"Now now Buddy Lee, let us not make schedule predictions. One week at a time young man.":lmao:

:lol:

I am looking for huge things from the d and have this recurring dream that Jason can't help but play better, the line will be solid and Thomas and Kelley contribute, solidly.

We can play with the Giants, are probably as good as New Orleans, Carolina and the other middling wannabe teams, maybe solid enough to not lose games to the Rams and 49er like teams and can split with our division.

BuddyLee

Football addict
6-10, maybe 7-9 if they're lucky.
9-7 for me.

They can't do worse than last season. Year two under the system. No rookie head coach. No rookie WR's. No Marcus Washington taking up a roster spot. No ole Pete Kendall fumbling. Simply put, they haven't gotten worse in the offseason.

Of course they can beat the Giants but I don't see it happening. Even when the Skins had the talent a few years back the G-men almost always had their number. That's why they play on Sunday though.

Otter

Nothing to see here
yall must be forgetting we'll be playing with a rookie QB this year(Sanchez). 6-10 and Zorn gone.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
yall must be forgetting we'll be playing with a rookie QB this year(Sanchez). 6-10 and Zorn gone.

Thanks for that. :tap:

This AM on ESPN one of the 'All Knowers' said that Snyder just LOVES Sanchez and loves hanging out with him and stuff.

I threw up in my coffee cup.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Thanks for that. :tap:

This AM on ESPN one of the 'All Knowers' said that Snyder just LOVES Sanchez and loves hanging out with him and stuff.

I threw up in my coffee cup.

and, as DeeJay would say, there ya go. There is no PLAN within the Skins org. If results don't show within 12 months, its move on to plan 'B'..and so on and so on. The 2 great mysteries in my life right now are. (1) How the hell did McCain get nominated and (2) How the hell has Vinny lasted so long with Snyder...

there is a 3rd mystery, whats the M stand for in Daniel M Snyder. Search the web, you will never see anything besides "M"..

Pete

Repete
and, as DeeJay would say, there ya go. There is no PLAN within the Skins org. If results don't show within 12 months, its move on to plan 'B'..and so on and so on. The 2 great mysteries in my life right now are. (1) How the hell did McCain get nominated and (2) How the hell has Vinny lasted so long with Snyder...

there is a 3rd mystery, whats the M stand for in Daniel M Snyder. Search the web, you will never see anything besides "M"..

Milhouse?

Dolphan

I am looking for huge things from the d and have this recurring dream that Jason can't help but play better, the line will be solid and Thomas and Kelley contribute, solidly.

We can play with the Giants, are probably as good as New Orleans, Carolina and the other middling wannabe teams, maybe solid enough to not lose games to the Rams and 49er like teams and can split with our division.

Jason Taylor? He is gone......a free agent! He will play better but for another team. I heard he is interested in NE. Yuck!

BuddyLee

Football addict
:smack: Thanks for saying it BUDDY! now it will happen for sure! :lol:

Go onto any teams website and there's 10 threads about them drafting the up and coming Sanchez. He's just what's hot now since he'll be the only QB after Stafford is taken.

There's 37 teams interested in Sanchez right now.:lmao:

Skins go OT or DE or I'll wear the french maid outfit again.