2011/12 Football Pool Playoffs

Rael

Supper's Ready
Slightly modified from last year, but you get the idea. If you have questions, lemme know. :buddies:

PLAYOFFS
Top 12 scoring players at the end of week 17*** compete in a single elimination bracket until there is a Super Bowl winner. Seed 1 competes against winner of the wildcard round (bracket seed 5 vs. 12), seed 2 against winner of wildcard round (bracket seed 6 vs. 11), and so forth. In each round, I'll match up the highest seeds against the lowest seeds until we reach the last game of course, the Super Bowl.

I’ll rank all 12 by the regular season overall score (division winners are ranked in seeds 1 – 4). If needed, I’ll use tiebreakers one at a time in the following order until the seeds are all established (this will also apply for tiebreakers for each round when needed):

1. Cumulative playoff points
2. Total number of regular season points scored
3. Total number of regular season five point picks
4. Coin toss

***For those close but not in the top 12 after week 17 results are posted, please stay tuned in case someone has to opt out. Thanks.***

The top 4 seeds get first round 'bracket' byes, but also need to turn in picks for that first round (I will track cumulative points for tiebreaker purposes only, they won’t count toward advancement unless it’s a tiebreaker). Each round starts with zero points between competing players, so players must win against the opponent each round in order to advance. Picks must be PM’d to me (or posted) by midnight Friday prior to that week's game(s). I’ll post everybody’s once I get all of them. I prefer pm's to posting it since there is a smaller pool of players and limited tie breaker choices, but if you prefer to post it - feel free to. Changes may be made only up until kick-off of the first game in the round. Players who don’t pick by Friday midnight forfeit the round.

If the playoffs started today, it would look like this:
Seed 1. homedepot20 or Softballkid tied with (145) - divisional winner
Seed 2. puggymom (144) - divisional winner
Seed 3. retiredweaxman (140) - divisional winner w/9 fivers
Seed 4. thurley42 (140) - divisional winner w/8 fivers
Seed 5. homedepot20 or Softballkid tied with (145)
Seed 6. donbarzini (143)
Seed 7. Tilted (142)
Seed 8. OldHillcrestGuy (140)
Seed 9. Wildcat97 (139)
Seed 10. Merlin99 (138)
Seed 11. clevalley (133)
Seed 12. FireBrand (131)

WILDCARD AND DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS (ROUNDS 1 AND 2)
Four games for each of the first two weeks. I’ll post the line and total points for each game. You’ll have 8 choices to make each week (four team picks and four total points scored over/under the listed total). After making your eight picks, assign a weight to each of them from eight (your most confident pick) down to one (your least confident pick). 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 must all be assigned. All I need from you is your team pick, your over/under, and the weight you assigned to each.

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS (ROUND 3)
Two games, will look something like this (probably with more tiebreaker categories than are shown here). Might have different point amounts for different games.

- GAME 1
1. First team to score (x points)
2. First team to turnover the ball (x points)
3. First team to sack the other (x points)
4. First team penalty (x points)
5. Half-time over/under (x points)
6. Game final over/under (x points)
7. Team with least team turnovers (x points)
8. Team with most defensive sacks (x points)
9. Team with most passing yards (x points)
10. Team with most time of possession (x points)
11. Last team to score ((x points)
12. Winning team (x points)

- GAME 2
1. First team to score (y points)
2. First team to turnover the ball (y points)
3. First team to sack the other (y points)
4. First team penalty (y points)
5. Half-time over/under (y points)
6. Game final over/under (y points)
7. Team with least team turnovers (y points)
8. Team with most defensive sacks (y points)
9. Team with most passing yards (y points)
10. Team with most time of possession (y points)
11. Last team to score (y points)
12. Winning team (y points)

SUPER BOWL
More to follow on what criteria will be used. I’ll use something like the championship round with a few other possible point opportunities (tiebreakers).

Rael

Supper's Ready
At the end of week 15...

this is how it looks with two more weeks of picks:

SEED
1. puggymom (155)
2. Softballkid (153)
3. retiredweaxman (150 w/10 fivers)
4. thurley42 (150 w/9 fivers)
5. homedepot20 (151)
6. Tilted (149)
7. Wildcat97 (147 w/9 fivers)
8. OlHillcrestGuy (147 w/7 fivers)
9. donbarzini (146)
10. Merlin99 145)
11. Ponytail (142)
12. Rael (137 w/7 fivers)

Tight race for the 12th seed with DoWhat and SOMDRAVEN both having 137 (but w/ 6 fivers each). Good luck as we all finish up this week and next in the regular season.

:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
If it ended today...

the playoffs would look like this @ the end of week 16...

SEED
1. thurley42 (164) division lead
2. Softballkid (161 w/ 10 fivers and 9 wins this week) division lead
3. puggymom (161 w/ 10 fivers and 6 wins this week) division lead
4. retiredweaxman (156) division lead
5. homedepot20 (159)
6. donbarzini (156 w/9 fivers and 10 wins this week)
7. Wildcat97 (156 w/9 fivers and 9 wins this week)
8. Tilted (154)
9. OldHillcrestGuy (153)
10. Merlin99 (151)
11. Ponytsail (149)
12. Rael (147)

Rael

Supper's Ready
So here's how it looks (and how it is)...

Congrats to all who made it to the playoffs. :buddies: Here's the rack-and-stack going into the Wildcard Round. I'll explain more in a separate thread, but even though division winners get a "bye" to allow the wildcards to sort out, they still have to make picks to keep a tiebreaker score tally.

SEED
1. Softballkid (175 w/ 11 fivers and a 10/6 raw pick week - division winner)
2. thurley42 (175 w/ 11 fivers and a 7/9 raw pick week - division winner)
3. puggymom (170 - division winner)
4. retiredweaxman (165 - division winner)

5. homedepot20 (171)
6. donbarzini (168)
7. Merlin99 (166)
8. OldHillcrestGuy (165)
9. Tilted (161)
10. Wildcat97 (160)
11. FireBrand (159)
12. Bay Kat (154)

Alternates
13. clevalley (153)
14. Rael (152)
15. DoWhat (150)

homedepot20 will go against Bay Kat (5th v. 12th seed)
donbarzini against FireBrand (6th v. 11th seed)
Merlin99 against Wildcat97 (7th v. 10th seed)
OldHillcrestGuy against Tilted (8th v 9th seed)

Standby for the Wildcard Round thread, I'll get to it a little later today. Good luck, all! :buddies:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Can we just end it now, call me the winner, throw me an somd.com forum party and call it a year :biggrin:

Here, I'll start the party, and go through how the night goes and the next morning...

:howdy::diva: :starcat::alkies::dingding::clap::dance::alkies::crazy:

:lmao:

Ponytail

Figures, I WAS in...snuck in the back door. And was taken out by food poisoning.

Rough week...emergency room with food poisoning on Tuesday (12/20), viewing and funeral on wed and thurs. Shopping and wrapping till 4am on Christmas eve...football pool never entered my mind. I was in really rough shape.

Anyhow, thanks for running the pool, and letting me in to the pool late Rael. It was fun while it lasted.

Good luck to those in the playoffs.

Pt.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Figures, I WAS in...snuck in the back door. And was taken out by food poisoning.

Rough week...emergency room with food poisoning on Tuesday (12/20), viewing and funeral on wed and thurs. Shopping and wrapping till 4am on Christmas eve...football pool never entered my mind. I was in really rough shape.

Anyhow, thanks for running the pool, and letting me in to the pool late Rael. It was fun while it lasted.

Good luck to those in the playoffs.

Pt.
Dang it,, Pt. I'm sorry to hear that, and am glad you're better.

I'm never really sure of the reasons why there are missed picks, I can only first assume (without knowing anything else) it's for some real life reason. And I've alluded to this before on here about this, that it's unreasonable for me to expect this pool to be central to anyone when I totally understand this thing called 'real life' trumps everything else.

So I had to draw a line which is also reasonable as far as organizing to keep it going, and then had to be fair to make sure it applies to everyone.

I definitely appreciate your participation in this, and there are many others who also hang in there reliably and on-time every week, every year.

:buddies: