Fair or not?

The truth hurts rape liar - NYPOST.com

A young mother who falsely cried rape, sending an innocent man to prison for nearly four years, will experience firsthand what he suffered -- she'll spend one to three years behind bars for perjury.

It turned out Gonzalez robbed McCaffrey of four years of his life for the most trivial of reasons.

She'd been hanging out with a group of girlfriends when she accepted an invitation to get into his car.

After she returned, her pals were furious that she'd ditched them -- so she made up the rape story to gain their sympathy.

Gonzalez, 27, had recanted her story last year after new DNA evidence proved she'd been lying and a priest to whom she'd confessed urged her to come clean.

Gonzalez had repeatedly insisted she was "110 percent" sure McCaffrey had raped her after they met in Inwood, in upper Manhattan, and she drunkenly accepted a ride.

"It was a complete and utter lie," Assistant DA Evan Krutoy told Judge Solomon.

Is that a fair sentence? Should she get more time or less time?

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
She should do exactly to the minute the time he did.

Based on what??? How the flying hell do you get someone back four goddamn years??? What kind of shattered pieces is that poor bastard have to pick up?

I supposed there needs to be some kind of consideration for what that guy was like beforehand. Kinda tough to imagine he was some solid citizen and still got that kind of time on what I presume was a vociferously denied charge by him and friends and so forth.

Man, imagine, four years for something you did not even attempt let alone do.

Wow.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'd give her the death penalty. :shrug:
:lmao:

Based on what??? How the flying hell do you get someone back four goddamn years??? What kind of shattered pieces is that poor bastard have to pick up?

I supposed there needs to be some kind of consideration for what that guy was like beforehand. Kinda tough to imagine he was some solid citizen and still got that kind of time on what I presume was a vociferously denied charge by him and friends and so forth.

Man, imagine, four years for something you did not even attempt let alone do. Wow.
I'm missing your position. What do you think her punishment should be?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lmao:

I'm missing your position. What do you think her punishment should be?

I really don't know. I would not make a good judge. I would think 2:1 just to start the argument for how long she should be punished?

Again, I want to know more about the guy before passing judgement. If he's been in and out of jail, maybe a violent conviction or two, that would weigh into it.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I really don't know. I would not make a good judge. I would think 2:1 just to start the argument for how long she should be punished?

Again, I want to know more about the guy before passing judgement. If he's been in and out of jail, maybe a violent conviction or two, that would weigh into it.
Ahhhh....ok. I agree. Day for day to match what he had to do then double it for punishment.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Man, imagine, four years for something you did not even attempt let alone do.

Wow.

it wont give him back his time, nothing will. But it seems fair she have taken away, what she took from another. As for him, she should have to pay restitution, but again, that won't give him back his time.

bcp

In My Opinion
He should get to rape her for four years.
I dont think so.
however I think she should spend at least the same exact amount of time he spent. No chance of an early release.
but, she should go in with the impression that she will be there for the same lenght of time he was originally serving.

let her live his nightmare completely.

E

EmptyTimCup

Is that a fair sentence? Should she get more time or less time?

30 Min alone in a room with this Person ... no cameras no witnesses .... she then goes directly to a solitary cell for 12 yrs ....

... the guy will always be "The Rapist" ...

were that me, I had better not bump into that C coming out of the Prison ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Inkd

Just out of curiosity, why would the innocent guys past come into play for your decision on how to punish the guilty party? I do agree with you that I think her sentence should be doubled at the minimum. But I don't care how much time she does, it will never compare to the time that he did with all the "special attention" i'm sure he got. Rape has got to be the worst, most traumatic things a woman can go through, being accused and convicted of it and being innocent is probably one of the worst things a man could go through.

puggymom

Day for day what he did +6 months. No probation.

:yeahthat:
edited to add plus some type of monetary restitution to him for the rest of her life. It does not give him back what he lost but nothing will.

Last edited: