nice restaurant??

am celebrating my 17th anniversary:eek: next week and was wondering if you all knew of a nice place to take my wife for dinner that would suit the situation, cost is not important just want a nice and quiet place with great service..thanx in advance

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It might be a little far for you but I really like Colony South in Clinton. Good food, never crowded. A little pricey but well worth it.

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
if she loves mexican food, take her to Montereys in San Souci Plaza ... great food, great prices and the booths are cozy :smile:

ohstate

Try the Brome Howard Inn, over by St. Mary's College. Perfect romantic setting, when you make reservations, be sure to tell them it is a special occasion. The food is very good, decent wine list, service is good, and the setting can't be beat.

SxyPrincess

Crystal City Lounge--you'll get live entertainment. Great food, BTW.
033102food_1_prv.gif

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Somebody help me...

What's the name of that Greek place in White plains?
They have bellydancers who dance during dinner, and the food is GREAT!
The best Baklava I ever had...

bravogirl10

Originally posted by Rane
if she loves mexican food, take her to Montereys in San Souci Plaza ... great food, great prices and the booths are cozy :smile:

Please do not celebrate your anniversary at Monterey's. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful place to go for a regular Friday or Saturday night, but not for your anniversary. I haven't lived here long so I really don't have any place to suggest. Someone told me there was a nice Italian place in Solomons.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Somebody help me...

Originally posted by bknarw
What's the name of that Greek place in White plains?
They have bellydancers who dance during dinner, and the food is GREAT!
The best Baklava I ever had...

Athenian Cafe...one of my favs... :yum:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
The best!

An old girlfriend of mine took me there for my birthday, and the big ole' belly dancers paid me SPECIAL attention!

I had so much fun...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Try the Dry Dock in Solomons. Excellent food! DiGiovanni's is good too.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Lighthouse Inn

Never had a bad meal there.

Also, drove by the Brome Howard Inn last weekend, the location is beautiful...it looks great! I'd love to stay there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I say :yay: to Dry Dock, the Tavern and Brome Howard also. If you go to Brome Howard, you can always stay the night. The room are very nice and if you let them know its your anniversary, you'll get the extra pampering.

O

OJsGuilty

Crystal City Lounge--you'll get live entertainment. Great food, BTW
They have an excellent french dip ! (No pun intended)

I would suggest "Carroll's Creek" in Annapolis. If you want to have a fabulous meal with a fabulous setting then that IS the place to take her. The cream of crab with the sherry is incredible. After what will be an incredible meal, you two could take a stroll through the heart of Annapolis night life and enjoy the atmosphere in some great bars with incredible bands. :wink:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Originally posted by bravogirl10

Please do not celebrate your anniversary at Monterey's. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful place to go for a regular Friday or Saturday night, but not for your anniversary. I haven't lived here long so I really don't have any place to suggest. Someone told me there was a nice Italian place in Solomons.

I wouldn't mind celebrating my anniversary at Montereys , cause its delish mexican food :yum: at very reasonable prices and hubby put the $$ to better use elsewhere ... like a nice piece of anniversary jewelry :biggrin:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Originally posted by bravogirl10

Someone told me there was a nice Italian place in Solomons.

DiGiovanni's!! Yuuuuummmmmm :yum:

I also reccomend The Tavern - a bit pricey but definately worth it and atmosphere to boot!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by David196042
am celebrating my 17th anniversary:eek: next week and was wondering if you all knew of a nice place to take my wife for dinner that would suit the situation, cost is not important just want a nice and quiet place with great service..thanx in advance

David196042,

Take her to Oakwood Lodge, sit on the waterside overlooking the Potomac and order her the twin 8 oz. lobster tails (for I think $35). They will be prepared perfectly. I am a steak man and they have a great "Black Diamond" steak I usually get with shrimp scampi. For desert the cheesecake is out of this world.

I like it there as the sun sets over the river. Nice atmosphere and I've always had great service, also they have a muscian playing background music (at least they did several Fridays ago when we celebrated our anniversary there). He was really good and played a lot of the older tunes.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How could I miss it?

Oakwood Lodge is the BEST - it is my favorite restaurant and don't know how I missed mentioning it before - I think I was caught up in another forum thread.

Everything Ken King said is right on. The only thing I don't know much about is the desserts - I never seem to have room left for them, but there's always NEXT time. :yum:

Was there a couple of weeks ago and had the Crab Balls Florentine for an appetizer - yummy! I had the Black Diamond Steak with Stuffed Shrimp - absolutely perfect. Sunset over the water while lazily enjoying a perfect dining experience.

Oakwood Lodge definitely gets a :yay: in my book.

Last edited: