No More Saturday Mail Delivery?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Postal Service seeks 5-day delivery - USATODAY.com

The U.S. Postal Service will move this month toward reducing mail delivery from six days a week to five, a change Postmaster General John Potter has said is critical to reducing its massive debt.

Potter said Monday he'll submit a formal request by the end of this month to the Postal Regulatory Commission, which must issue an advisory opinion on any change in mail service that would have national impact.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wonder how long it will be before the government health system once started, will have to cut back and only operate on weekends.

The Post Office, the model of U.S government run business.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Postal Service seeks 5-day delivery - USATODAY.com

The U.S. Postal Service will move this month toward reducing mail delivery from six days a week to five, a change Postmaster General John Potter has said is critical to reducing its massive debt.

Potter said Monday he'll submit a formal request by the end of this month to the Postal Regulatory Commission, which must issue an advisory opinion on any change in mail service that would have national impact.

Then the postal rates will go up again because they will see that they are losing money by not operating on Saturday's.....just watch.....

bcp

In My Opinion
Then the postal rates will go up again because they will see that they are losing money by not operating on Saturday's.....just watch.....
what will happen is that more and more people will start using fedX and UPS instead of the poorly run government system (that has been pointed to as a success to prove health care will work) causing the U.S Post office to shut down.

This is what happens to government run services when a bunch if idiots are placed in positions of leadership based on something other than ability.

Private industry will win again.
Thats got to piss of the libs.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
what will happen is that more and more people will start using fedX and UPS instead of the poorly run government system (that has been pointed to as a success to prove health care will work) causing the U.S Post office to shut down.

This is what happens to government run services when a bunch if idiots are placed in positions of leadership based on something other than ability.

Private industry will win again.
Thats got to piss of the libs.

Now, I know I'm not the brightest crown in the box, but I thought that UPS was the same as the U.S. Postal service... Just priority mail=brown truck, regular mail=white truck.... Or you pulling a fast one on me here :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
Now, I know I'm not the brightest crown in the box, but I thought that UPS was the same as the U.S. Postal service... Just priority mail=brown truck, regular mail=white truck.... Or you pulling a fast one on me here :lol:
perhaps Im duller than you when it comes to illuminating the box top,
I thought UPS was private all these years..

Is it part of the actual postal system?

bcp

In My Opinion
Tell me about it :lmao: It's nice to send one back on Saturday and get a new one on Monday...

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!
Dont worry, the first time entitlement checks are not there on that magical date because it falls on a Saturday, the post office will be forced to reopen and they will just lay off some more teachers or something to make up the difference.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

Well I'll be dammed... I always though UPS stood for United POSTAL Service... Never looked it up though... Just figured when you go to the post office and priority mail something it went in the brown trucks, and that was that :shrug:

Learn something new every 10-15 minutes round these here parts I tell ya! :yay:
:lol:

dave1959

I dont see how it would affect me one way or the other..

But I dont agree with your thinking, I dont see how it will cause them to loose more money, it should not change the volume of mail, just when its delivered... Are you not going to mail something because it will not be delivered on saturday???

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Dont worry, the first time entitlement checks are not there on that magical date because it falls on a Saturday, the post office will be forced to reopen and they will just lay off some more teachers or something to make up the difference.

I'm sure that's not far off of what could happen. Me personally, I don't use the post office on Saturday's. There is the VERY rare occasion that every blue moon, maybe once a year I will, but now with internet pay option on EVERYTHING, I don't really even need those Saturday's anymore.

I think Saturday's are more of a convenience more than anything for those "too busy" to put something in their mailbox or get to the post office during the week.