'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Jesse Browning..

4 year old daughter playing in the yard, mom finds her badly mauled body.

According to the article not the first incident with the family and their Rottweilers.

TurboK9

"This mom just happened to look out and saw the dog and the child laying there. Apparently, the dog just snapped."

Wow. Just happened to look out? Dog just snapped? They have no idea WHAT happend. They left the little girl out in the yard alone with the dog. In the eight years since my eldest son was born, we have NEVER left the kids alone with our dogs. Lesson 1.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
"This mom just happened to look out and saw the dog and the child laying there. Apparently, the dog just snapped."

Wow. Just happened to look out? Dog just snapped? They have no idea WHAT happend. They left the little girl out in the yard alone with the dog. In the eight years since my eldest son was born, we have NEVER left the kids alone with our dogs. Lesson 1.

How horrible that the child died like that. But people are amazingly stupid.

Cowgirl

The article said the dogs were in quarantine. Why hasn't the one responsible been put down yet?

TurboK9

How horrible that the child died like that. But people are amazingly stupid.

That's why I stopped training other peoples dogs. Too damned frustrating. They always assume it's the DOG that needs to learn, when in fact 90% of the time THEY are the problem, LOL.

TurboK9

People insist on owning vicious animals. It's very sad.

More than likely the dog was just being a dog. I highly doubt the dog was actively thinking "I'm gonna kill this little girl", it's a dog, not a human. Most bites/maulings, 'vicious' has nothing to do with it. It's either a prey or defense drive response, and lacking training, any dog will respond to similar stimuli the same way. The seperating factor between breeds is drive level and physical power, not 'viciousness'.

To immediately assume the dog was 'vicious' is to apply human standards to an animal and thus become part of the overall problem. Very few people and even fewer pet owners actual understand what prompts most dog bite incidents. Even fewer people care to learn.

Dogs are very simple critters, they are easy to manipulate and mold. But you have to understand 'dog' to do it. The vast majority of pet owners have no clue.

Far sadder that humans are stupid enough to leave a small child unsupervised with an animal they do not ruly understand.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
More than likely the dog was just being a dog. I highly doubt the dog was actively thinking "I'm gonna kill this little girl", it's a dog, not a human. Most bites/maulings, 'vicious' has nothing to do with it. It's either a prey or defense drive response, and lacking training, any dog will respond to similar stimuli the same way. The seperating factor between breeds is drive level and physical power, not 'viciousness'.

To immediately assume the dog was 'vicious' is to apply human standards to an animal and thus become part of the overall problem. Very few people and even fewer pet owners actual understand what prompts most dog bite incidents. Even fewer people care to learn.

Dogs are very simple critters, they are easy to manipulate and mold. But you have to understand 'dog' to do it. The vast majority of pet owners have no clue.

Far sadder that humans are stupid enough to leave a small child unsupervised with an animal they do not ruly understand.
Yea because you're always reading about labs, collies, shepherds, boxers, mauling children. :duh:

The dog had attacked before. Rotts along with Pitts are KNOWN maulers. What a shame a 4 year old has to die because people feel the need to own these VICIOUS animals.