New tax for homeowners

bcp

In My Opinion
New Tax

Once again our state leaders have decided that it is fair and just to tax people that have no services that are being taxed to provide.

in this case, people like me, and many of you that post here, will be paying a tax to upgrade and maintain the storm water drains.
The article says that in cases (such as ours) where there is no drainage,and we dont live in a neighborhood, that our fees will be assessed based on the paved areas of our property, and the roof of our homes and buildings.

This fee is supposed to go toward cleaning up the bay.
Im certain that others are in the same situation as I am. all of the water that could come from my roof, and my drive ends up in my yard anyway, My cleared field is the low point all around the property, including lower than the neighbors properties, water that hits my house, or almost anywhere on my property for that matter will not make it to the bay. It first has to soak into my field.

If anything, the county should pay me for providing this runoff cleansing area for the road that runs in front of my house.

First the flush tax to provide for the upgrade of the sewage system and facilities even though we have septic and well, now this.
Personally, Im getting tired of paying the way for others.

Last edited:

ImnoMensa

New Tax

Once again our state leaders have decided that it is fair and just to tax people that have no services that are being taxed to provide.

in this case, people like me, and many of you that post here, will be paying a tax to upgrade and maintain the storm water drains.
The article says that in cases (such as ours) where there is no drainage,and we dont live in a neighborhood, that our fees will be assessed based on the paved areas of our property, and the roof of our homes and buildings.

This fee is supposed to go toward cleaning up the bay.
Im certain that others are in the same situation as I am. all of the water that could come from my roof, and my drive ends up in my yard anyway, My cleared field is the low point all around the property, including lower than the neighbors properties, water that hits my house, or almost anywhere on my property for that matter will not make it to the bay. It first has to soak into my field.

If anything, the county should pay me for providing this runoff cleansing area for the road that runs in front of my house.

First the flush tax to provide for the upgrade of the sewage system and facilities even though we have septic and well, now this.
Personally, Im getting tired of paying the way for others.

Hey Man: Lighten up. It aint easy sitting there in Annapolis and thinking up new ways to screw over Marylanders. I like the one where tree's are considered a legacy and you cannot cut one on your own property. Or how about the one where Telephone towers can no longer be put on private property so the County cn get the money for land rental?

Do you think these things just appear out of nowhere? It's tough work coming up with new ways to squeeze blood out of we county turnips.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Hey Man: Lighten up. It aint easy sitting there in Annapolis and thinking up new ways to screw over Marylanders. I like the one where tree's are considered a legacy and you cannot cut one on your own property. Or how about the one where Telephone towers can no longer be put on private property so the County cn get the money for land rental?

Do you think these things just appear out of nowhere? It's tough work coming up with new ways to squeeze blood out of we county turnips.

:cds: No seriously... :cds: It's beyond ridiculous