foodcritic

A judge with some sense of sanity....:cds:

Oh my. This judge forgot to attend PC college...:killingme

Posted: March 01, 2010
9:48 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Bradley Johnson and one of the two banners he was ordered to take down

A federal judge in California has handed down a scathing ruling against a school that required one of its teachers to remove signs celebrating the role of God in American history from his classroom walls.

As WND reported, math teacher Bradley Johnson had banners hanging in his classroom at Westview High School in San Diego, Calif., for more than 17 years with phrases like "In God We Trust" and "All Men Are Created Equal, They Are Endowed by Their Creator," only to have the principal order them torn down during the 2007 school year.

But Johnson filed a lawsuit alleging the order a violation of his constitutional rights, and the teacher has now been rewarded with a court victory and a powerfully-worded ruling.

"May a school district censor a high school teacher's expression because it refers to Judeo-Christian views, while allowing other teachers to express views on a number of controversial subjects, including religion and anti-religion?" posited U.S. District Court Judge Roger T. Benitez in his judgment. "On undisputed evidence, this court holds that it may not."

He continued, "That God places prominently in our nation's history does not create an Establishment Clause violation requiring curettage and disinfectant for Johnson's public high school classroom walls. It is a matter of historical fact that our institutions and government actors have in past and present times given place to a supreme God."

The judge further reprimanded the school, stating that while teachers at the district "encourage students to celebrate diversity and value thinking for one's self, [they] apparently fear their students are incapable of dealing with diverse viewpoints that include God's place in American history and culture."

Teacher wins major victory for God in school

Nucklesack

Actually, critic is behind the times. Tilted posted about it 4 days ago, only he was looking at it from more of a level-headed constitutional perspective as opposed to critic's arrogant religious perspective.

FoodCritic has a history of posting questionable articles from questionable sources. Honesty and Integrity are not strong with this one.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
It's about time.

You got that right!

Maybe, just maybe - this will start a groundswell, from the people in our country - that they would acknowledge what our forefathers believed what this nation should be built on!

Nucklesack

Mine. Yours is in there now and that's why they have all those problems...

Are you truly that delusional? The problem with schools has nothing to do with removing whatever flavor of religion. But hey it gave you a chance to witness so you jumped at the chance.

You made the statment about allowing God back into schools, you do comprehend that yours is not the only out there? Which God should be allowed back in? Now we know what your druthers would be, you good little Taliban, you want to replace one type of propoganda with another, Rights and reason be damned.

Based on the constitution (you do know what that is?) the only way to be true to that silly lil document would be to include all Gods into the curriculum, or you have a secular curriculum. Secularism is not Atheism, you probably should understand a concept, especially if your going to condemn it. Secularism just seperates Religion from non-religious activities. It doesnt judge, condemn nor promote one way or the other.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Are you truly that delusional? The problem with schools has nothing to do with removing whatever flavor of religion. But hey it gave you a chance to witness so you jumped at the chance.

You made the statment about allowing God back into schools, you do comprehend that yours is not the only out there? Which God should be allowed back in? Now we know what your druthers would be, you good little Taliban, you want to replace one type of propoganda with another, Rights and reason be damned.

Based on the constitution (you do know what that is?) the only way to be true to that silly lil document would be to include all Gods into the curriculum, or you have a secular curriculum. Secularism is not Atheism, you probably should understand a concept, especially if your going to condemn it. Secularism just seperates Religion from non-religious activities. It doesnt judge, condemn nor promote one way or the other.

Excuse me - where do you find these these words written into ANY of the documents our Founding Fathers had penned, while forming a new society in our past, you know - the good 'ol US of A?

Nucklesack

Have you read the Bill of Rights, the Gettysburg Address and the US Constitution?

What God do you feel that they are refering to?
Have you read any of them? (obviously not)

What God* is in the Bill of Rights?

What God* is in the Constitution? (you do understand that the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution? kinda redundant)

You might want to actually read these two documents before you reference them.

But we know there is a God in the Declaration, maybe they meant that one?

What God do you feel it was refrerencing? heres a hint the only God mentioned was Natures God (not a Christian concept) and they are sure to stay away from any specific religions entity by expressely stating Their Creator. Guess what, thats going to be different for all beliefs.

The Gettysburg Address?? You do know Abe isnt a Founding Father? (unless he was some kind of Time Traveler)

*The lack of God in any of these documents does not mean the Founding Fathers were not religious. Unlike the Christian revisionists on this board, the Founding Fathers, being of varying faiths themselves, recognized that All Faiths are equal to the Government they were creating. They wrote the 2 most important documents of their life and carreer and were very specific to ensure it was Secular, they wanted to be sure and stay away from any hint of a Theocracy.

Nucklesack

Excuse me - where do you find these these words written into ANY of the documents our Founding Fathers had penned, while forming a new society in our past, you know - the good 'ol US of A?
I based my comments on the Constitution, if they wanted a Theocracy they would have created one.

And you are obviously very .... selective? on which Founding Father documents you read.

Have you read the Bill of Rights, the Gettysburg Address and the US Constitution?

What God do you feel that they are refering to?

As far as the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights go - if you tell me which use of the word God you are referring to, I'll hazard a guess as to which God they were referring to in that instance.

Nucklesack

As far as the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights go - if you tell me which use of the word God you are referring to, I'll hazard a guess as to which God they were referring to in that instance.

I'm still waiting for him to let us know. The closest he'll find is "Year of our Lord" comments, but that is not religion that was a figure of speech.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Have you read any of them? (obviously not)

What God* is in the Bill of Rights?

What God* is in the Constitution? (you do understand that the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution? kinda redundant)

You might want to actually read these two documents before you reference them.

But we know there is a God in the Declaration, maybe they meant that one?

What God do you feel it was refrerencing? heres a hint the only God mentioned was Natures God (not a Christian concept) and they are sure to stay away from any specific religions entity by expressely stating Their Creator. Guess what, thats going to be different for all beliefs.

The Gettysburg Address?? You do know Abe isnt a Founding Father? (unless he was some kind of Time Traveler)

*The lack of God in any of these documents does not mean the Founding Fathers were not religious. Unlike the Christian revisionists on this board, the Founding Fathers, being of varying faiths themselves, recognized that All Faiths are equal to the Government they were creating. They wrote the 2 most important documents of their life and carreer and were very specific to ensure it was Secular, they wanted to be sure and stay away from any hint of a Theocracy.

Well - let's see now...1607...Jamestown....where did these folks arrive from?

England? Have I got that right?

hmmm.... what was the prevailing Religion/Faith at that time - in England?

Was it Islamic? Was it an Asian theology? Maybe an Egyptian Deity?

Please, advise me?

Nucklesack

Well - let's see now...1607...Jamestown....where did these folks arrive from?

England? Have I got that right?

hmmm.... what was the prevailing Religion/Faith at that time - in England?

Was it Islamic? Was it an Asian theology? Maybe an Egyptian Deity?

Please, advise me?

Still waiting, which God were they talking about in the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration?

But since you avoided your own question...

Please advise us, why did they feel it was necessary to travel a long and dangerous voyage from England?

What were they fleeing from England?

(dont worry we expect you to avoid this one the same way you avoided your own Constitution one)

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Still waiting, which God were they talking about in the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration?

But since you avoided your own question...

Please advise us, why did they feel it was necessary to travel a long and dangerous voyage from England?

What were they fleeing from England?

(dont worry we expect you to avoid this one the same way you avoided your own Constitution one)

They speak of God. They didn't seem to need to define it any deeper than that.

As for the Church of England - wouldn't that have been the Roman Catholic Church? Am I incorrect?

There would be the answer to your question. The same God that existed over 5,000 years ago.

Remember Him?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Are you truly that delusional? The problem with schools has nothing to do with removing whatever flavor of religion.
What are you going to do when you find out that you're mistaken and you can't change your fate? This is what you should be looking into and preparing for instead of repeating what you've been corrected on here SOOOOOOO many times. :howdy:
The problem in schools has everything to do with the removal of "religion".
Nucklesack said:
From the redundancy department: My God is the only God. I can't change my statement when it's absolutely true and you still haven't proven it false. You can't even fathom how much historical evidence you've trashed when you say God doesn't exist. Unreal! One person from the 20th century knows more than thousands of years of written history does. Now who'se delusional? (You gotta love the irony!)
You would be completely foolish to deny that schools are MUCH worse today than they were in the 60's before God, prayer & Bible study were removed. Go ahead; bring up all those secular websites of yours and try to prove me wrong...
Oh, and just be thankful that I am not a Taliban. If I were, heads would roll...
yours first!
Nucklesack said:
You just condemned Penn for saying that God was mentioned in the Constitution. Being true to it doesn't require including all gods. They didn't include all gods in schools when I was growing up. I can pretty well believe that it was the same God in each school. Ask around and see.
We prayed to the one true God and pledged allegiance to the Flag of the USA. Now, thanks to liberals, lawyers & PC BS, people are afraid to be Americans in their own country. Well ole buddy, if you throw God out, the devil WILL be more than happy to come in and this is what your kind has caused here. THANKS!
And I do understand secularism, TYVM, but you might try to explain to us why people today still call it "AD" (Anno Domini), the Year of our Lord if He doesn't exist...I don't see it being called by your god's name: (ASM) Anno Spaghetti Monster :buddies: