Pulling A Gun Cuz Of Snowballs??

DEEKAYPEE8569

I only heard part of this, this morning. A D.C. police officer pulls a gun during a snowball fight?? REALLY???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There is nothing quite like using the awesome power of the Internets to keep on top of things, virtually as they happen.

:buddies:

DEEKAYPEE8569

There is nothing quite like using the awesome power of the Internets to keep on top of things, virtually as they happen.

:buddies:

I think I heard Chief Lanier (sp?) saying that the officer WAS NOT going to be suspended.....something like that.....

Anybody else know the whole story?

thebird

I think I heard Chief Lanier (sp?) saying that the officer WAS NOT going to be suspended.....something like that.....

Anybody else know the whole story?

This was during the December snow storm. The officer was trying to tame the crowd and pulled the gun. I believe he was suspended until now, when he will return to work.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
As much I would love to bash this cop for over-reacting, at 46 seconds when that young ass hat throws a snowball and hits the cop in the neck I would have given him the beat down of his life. I love that he is driving a Hummer. I got in an argument on these forums one time when a cop's wife was crying about how little her husband makes and he (hold on, this is my favorite line) puts his life on the line every day. I responded to her by stating that I know PG County officers and MPD officers that are sergeants or below making 150k with part time jobs and using their cars/weapons/gas paid by the taxpayers so spare me the sob-story. I drive through PG county and DC everyday--therefore I put my life on the line daily.

YouTube - DC Cop Waves Gun at Snowball Fight!

tom88

As much I would love to bash this cop for over-reacting, at 46 seconds when that young ass hat throws a snowball and hits the cop in the neck I would have given him the beat down of his life. I love that he is driving a Hummer. I got in an argument on these forums one time when a cop's wife was crying about how little her husband makes and he (hold on, this is my favorite line) puts his life on the line every day. I responded to her by stating that I know PG County officers and MPD officers that are sergeants or below making 150k with part time jobs and using their cars/weapons/gas paid by the taxpayers so spare me the sob-story. I drive through PG county and DC everyday--therefore I put my life on the line daily.

YouTube - DC Cop Waves Gun at Snowball Fight!

I don't have any issue with a guy who has been on a job as long as this guy has driving a hummer. I think the Sergeants pay for both jobs tops out at it's peak of about 90k a year. If you peak your salary, that doesn't seem like a lot after twenty years, but it seems enough to be able to afford a 28k dollar hummer. Any other sergeant making 150k, (in Prince Georges County they would be using their cruiser, but not in D.C.) would have to work an awful lot of overtime or part time, causing additional time being away from their family, not just the normal Christmas', holidays, birthdays, etc. (My uncle was a cop, and I saw this all the time.) Your issue with that seems to be either jealousy, or maybe something you would have wanted to do but can't.

As far as the gun goes, it does not seem to me that he did anything except take it out and put it at his side. I guess if I was cop alone trying to quell a hostile crowd, I don't know that I would want to wait to see if the crowd attacked me and then try to draw my gun. I might have a different issue with this cop if he had actually pointed the gun at someone, but drawing the gun and making it available is not really an issue for me.