Va. Colleges Can't Ban Gay Discrimination....

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Va. colleges can't ban gay discrimination - Washington Times

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Virginia's attorney general has advised the state's public colleges that they don't have the authority to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation, saying only the General Assembly has that power.

The letter sent by Attorney General Kenneth Cuccinelli to state college presidents and other officials Thursday drew swift criticism from Democrats and gay rights activists.

I cannot even believe the AG made this statement. The fury is going to go through the roof on this one.

I might find their habits, their dress codes, their actions - different than mine - but to discriminate against them?

To what end is that necessary?

blacklabman

Perhaps he is wanting to preempt a legal battle if a state college acts that way. A private institution is another matter.

Personally, I think homosexuals are morally bankrupt. I don't want them around me. What bothers me is when they shove it in your face. I await the earthquake striking San Francisco and killing them all.

Black-Francis

Perhaps he is wanting to preempt a legal battle if a state college acts that way. A private institution is another matter.

Personally, I think homosexuals are morally bankrupt. I don't want them around me. What bothers me is when they shove it in your face. I await the earthquake striking San Francisco and killing them all.

What is it any of your business what people do in their private lives? How does homosexuality affect you? Most people with your opinions are just "hiding in the closet"....

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
That should be a problem only if someone has intentions on discriminating against some. How many would be dumb enough to do that nowadays, in their professional capacity?

Oh, and...
I might find...
Might? Why would you set yourself up like that? :lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
That should be a problem only if someone has intentions on discriminating against some. How many would be dumb enough to do that nowadays, in their professional capacity?

Oh, and...Might? Why would you set yourself up like that? :lol:

You don't have to parse my statements or comments. It was just the words that came from my mind as I typed.

No, I do not dress in they manner that gays do, etc. and etc. - because it's just not my lifestyle. Growing up a long time ago, we just kept our distance.

However to point and laugh at them - discriminate against them? Nah, it's not worth my time.

bcp

In My Opinion
What is it any of your business what people do in their private lives? How does homosexuality affect you? Most people with your opinions are just "hiding in the closet"....
People that have aversion to the gay choice are just "hiding in the closet"

PC talking points 101

Say it enough and it will be taken as truth.
once considered truth, it will embarrass people into complying with the gay lifestyle just to prove they are not "hiding in the closet"

I think its most likely that people are born with an aversion to the gay choice and have no choice in their dislike.
I mean, after all, who would choose to be considered "in the closet" on purpose and go through all that humiliation that comes with it?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
People that have aversion to the gay choice are just "hiding in the closet"

PC talking points 101

Say it enough and it will be taken as truth.
once considered truth, it will embarrass people into complying with the gay lifestyle just to prove they are not "hiding in the closet"

I think its most likely that people are born with an aversion to the gay choice and have no choice in their dislike.
I mean, after all, who would choose to be considered "in the closet" on purpose and go through all that humiliation that comes with it?

Good points. :yay:

It almost sounds like the old "Reverse Psychology" theory.

bcp

In My Opinion
By the way, what documented discrimination against gays has been taking place?
I have a feeling this is what I have been warning about, once they get on that discrimination list, they get Affirmative action preference over non gays. And I think this is what they really want.
Im pretty sure that nobody has come to the college with outstanding grades only to be turned around because they were gay. I would be interested in seeing the actual proof that must certainly be out there.

hvp05

You don't have to parse my statements or comments.
Take a deep breath... I was not 'attacking' you, but pointing out that it read a little funny. You of all people should know that certain people, if given an inch, will take a mile, and more if you give it to them.

I do not dress in they manner that gays do
How do you think they dress? :confused: There is a gay guy at my workplace and he dresses like everybody else. Doesn't wear a sign announcing his gayness or anything. Not all of them wear pink feather boas, you know.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Take a deep breath... I was not 'attacking' you, but pointing out that it read a little funny. You of all people should know that certain people, if given an inch, will take a mile, and more if you give it to them.

How do you think they dress? :confused: There is a gay guy at my workplace and he dresses like everybody else. Doesn't wear a sign announcing his gayness or anything. Not all of them wear pink feather boas, you know.

I did not say "they ALL dress" in a certain fashion style. But you have to admit that some of them are a bit obvious in their dress codes.

You've never noticed it before in your travels?

Basically, what I'm getting at is the fact that I don't see a need to make a big deal out of it, let alone ridicule them in front of others. What for?

Mr.Steed

You don't have to parse my statements or comments. It was just the words that came from my mind as I typed.

No, I do not dress in they manner that gays do, etc. and etc. - because it's just not my lifestyle. Growing up a long time ago, we just kept our distance.

However to point and laugh at them - discriminate against them? Nah, it's not worth my time.

Exactly how do gay people dress and act? Really, am curious. What is your lifestyle and what is a gay lifestyle? Again, just curious.

hvp05

I did not say "they ALL dress" in a certain fashion style.
Look at the part I quoted. You made a flat statement, without descriptors, that implied "all".

But you have to admit that some of them are a bit obvious in their dress codes.
Sure. :shrug: Much like I see straight folks who dress outrageously in some way for some reason. Not to say I'm fond of it, nor that I would dress similarly (outside of Halloween :lol:), but if they're not harming me, so be it.

Mr.Steed

I did not say "they ALL dress" in a certain fashion style. But you have to admit that some of them are a bit obvious in their dress codes.

You've never noticed it before in your travels?

Basically, what I'm getting at is the fact that I don't see a need to make a big deal out of it, let alone ridicule them in front of others. What for?

Aren't macho men who are chauvinistic a bit obvious in their dress and actions? Everybody role plays, and most dress the part for the role, doesn't matter what your sexual identity is, whether you are a business man to a farmer or a woman in the military to a female prostitute.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Sure. :shrug: Much like I see straight folks who dress outrageously in some way for some reason. Not to say I'm fond of it, nor that I would dress similarly (outside of Halloween :lol:), but if they're not harming me, so be it.

I agree with the Halloween bit.

But now, I am curious. How do straight folks dress outrageously? Give me an example or two, please? :popcorn:

hvp05

But now, I am curious. How do straight folks dress outrageously? Give me an example or two, please?
Don't be daft. Goth, punk, covered in tattoos/piercings, etc. Or have you not seen those types of things in your years of dealing with the public?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Don't be daft. Goth, punk, covered in tattoos/piercings, etc. Or have you not seen those types of things in your years of dealing with the public?

Oh yeah! :lol: The Goth style used to be heavy around these parts, but I haven't seen it that much lately.

Piercings - that - seems to be on the rise. I'm seeing that a lot more lately.

Punk look, no not that much.(athough it is out there.)

What does seem to be dying down alot is the pants around the thighs look, with 6 or 7 inches of boxer shorts showing. Dumb as all get out looking! :lmao: