Census dilemma

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How important is it that I fill out my census form and return it to them? Or can I simply say it's none of their business and throw it away?

In decades past, I just filled it out and didn't give it another thought. Now, however, I'm reconsidering just how much information I want to give the government.

How important is it that I fill out my census form and return it to them? Or can I simply say it's none of their business and throw it away?

In decades past, I just filled it out and didn't give it another thought. Now, however, I'm reconsidering just how much information I want to give the government.
Be creative! They can't find and prove voter fraud when it's under their noses...what the heck can they do with a survey? :jet:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
eh, I think people are over reacting. I plan on filling out the pertinent info, then I will send it in. I don't think it is some kind of Obama conspiracy or a way for the evil government to take your guns, religion, or children. It's a way to figure out how many #######s are running around. I'll tell em all about the #######s at my house..and be done with it.

DQ2B

Unless you don't think funding for the county is important then I guess it's okay to throw it away:whistle:

muttdog

I got "selected" for a follow up, last time they did the census. Stupid me agreed to it and once a month I would get a call, has anything changed in your household? After 3 months of calls, I told they guy not to call back anymore and he didnt. This year I am going to test the census vs. my angel soft, to see which is the better toilet paper.

BlueOx77

It's 10 questions, gone are the days of the long form. If you don't mail it back, then taxpayers get to waste money on the surveyors manually coming out to those who didn't reply via mail.

tyky

eieio
It's 10 questions, gone are the days of the long form. If you don't mail it back, then taxpayers get to waste money on the surveyors manually coming out to those who didn't reply via mail.

I saw that on the news...if you don't send it back they will be knocking on your door :jet:

Wait a minute... if we all claim to be iunder-paid blue collar workers of Eskimo decent having at least 3 illegitimate babies, 2 of which have special needs.... does that mean ACORN will rush to open a local office....:eyebrow:

Pete

Repete

Like they don't already know?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Got one in the mail yesterday, 1 min later it was in the trash. I dont care if the gov even knows I exist.

Pete

Repete
Got one in the mail yesterday, 1 min later it was in the trash. I dont care if the gov even knows I exist.

We do.....uh I mean "they" do. They are probably watchin you right now through a minicam embedded in your TV set.

tes218

What you got in the mail was not the Census 2010 form. It was letting you know when it would be mailed - should receive it sometime between March 15 - 17.

tes218

:yeahthat:

"...it’s relevant to note that for those households that don’t return the form, the Federal government will have to spend more taxpayer money. To have a good census, we will hire and send out census takers to collect the information in face-to-face interviews from those not completing the form. Not taking the 10 minutes needed to fill out the form because one doesn’t like big government ironically merely acts to increase the size of the Federal government workforce."

W

White Buddah

"...it’s relevant to note that for those households that don’t return the form, the Federal government will have to spend more taxpayer money. To have a good census, we will hire and send out census takers to collect the information in face-to-face interviews from those not completing the form. Not taking the 10 minutes needed to fill out the form because one doesn’t like big government ironically merely acts to increase the size of the Federal government workforce."
Guess i still won't be answering my door. Anyone that comes over is expected and can just walk in. Not expected, door is locked and no one answers.

Venn

tes218

Guess i still won't be answering my door. Anyone that comes over is expected and can just walk in. Not expected, door is locked and no one answers.

Well, that will still increase taxpayers bill as they will come out up to 6 times. You may not fill out the form but this quote was about the cost of having people come by.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Don't respond and you will eventually be visited by a human to fill it out.

Ask me how I know. :evil:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not taking the 10 minutes needed to fill out the form because one doesn’t like big government ironically merely acts to increase the size of the Federal government workforce."

Which creates jobs, right?