And the hypocrisy continues.....

blacklabman

For some reason this reminds me of Highlander.....

State Sen. Roy Ashburn says he's homosexual
Days after his DUI arrest, the Republican lawmaker makes the declaration to a Bakersfield radio host. Critics accuse him of hypocrisy. He says his past votes simply reflect his constituents' wishes.

State Sen. Roy Ashburn says he's homosexual - latimes.com

I wish ALL representatives would reflect the wishes of their constituents, not their own personal views.

Black-Francis

"His recent drunk driving incident certainly adds to the concerns about his personal responsibility and his regard for the taxpayers whose vehicle he was driving," said Martin Bertram, president of the nonprofit Republican Assembly of Kern County.

He was in a government vehicle for his DUI.....great!!!.....:rolleyes:

Republican powers activate!!!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
So if you're white and you don't support white only rights, you're a hypocrite?

Pete

Repete
Isn't gay marriage, gay rights? :confused:

It may be one of many, or one concept of many rights, I do not think marriage is all there is. The guy was elected to represent a very conservative area of California. Do his personal desires trump those of the hundred or so thousand constituents he represents?

Which brings up interesting questions.

Does any one know if he really supports gay marriage? Maybe he thinks it is no big deal. Maybe he only puffs wiener part time because it tastes great and is less filling but is not into getting married or coupling up in the traditional manner? Could his objection to gay marriage be based on some other reason like it is too costly, too broad a definition, too poorly defined etc.? Is it possible to be gay and not for gay marriage? If you are against gay marriage but still claim to be gay are you a fake gay?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Show me where there are "white only rights"......

So take the 'only' out of it..Your logic doesn't make sense to me..Just because he's gay, he should be all about gay rights first to the exclusion of others? Seems to me, he is being for the people first and not letting his preferences sway his opinion..That makes him a hypocrite?

Black-Francis

So take the 'only' out of it..Your logic doesn't make sense to me..Just because he's gay, he should be all about gay rights first to the exclusion of others? Seems to me, he is being for the people first and not letting his preferences sway his opinion..That makes him a hypocrite?

Well, if I was in his position I wouldn't feel quite right representing the people that encourage the way he votes. I would want to feel just as passionate about my votes as the people do......

Pete

Repete
Well, if I was in his position I wouldn't feel quite right representing the people that encourage the way he votes. I would want to feel just as passionate about my votes as the people do......

On the flip side keeping the fact he is gay and really really really wants to vote for gay rights a big hush hush secret from his mostly conservative district THEN springing it on them after they elected him would be OK?

Seems he could be branded a hypocrit either way.