Mexico travel alert?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Apparently, things are hopping along part of the US/Mexico border by Laredo...

A drug cartel is buying off journalists to get them to not report a number of killings..

Hitmen from the Gulf cartel based over the border from Texas are paying reporters around $500 a month and showering them with liquor and prostitutes to intimidate and silence colleagues at radio stations and newspapers in towns near the Laredo-Brownsville area, journalists and editors say.

source article:
Mexico drug gang hushes killings with news blackout | Reuters

Anyone planning a vacation around that area probably ought to think twice.

bcp

In My Opinion
What they do on there side of the fence is really none of my business.

when they do it over here, Americans should be within their rights to arm themselves and shoot to kill

its pretty simple.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Apparently, things are hopping along part of the US/Mexico border by Laredo...

A drug cartel is buying off journalists to get them to not report a number of killings..

I started a post but ,got bored with it, about this very thing, sorta; the impact of pressure on reporters, be it corporate goons, union thugs, organized criminals, what have you.

Obama sent bus loads of phony protesters to pressure a bunch of AIG/Street types at their homes early last year and it never got much reporting. All his professional experience was community organizing which, obviously, includes, the process of pressuring local interests for a given goal and, certainly, would include pressure on reporters.

Certainly, there would be all sorts of natural alliances, sympathetic reporters, etc, however, I wonder how much reporting is coerced and not just by drug dealers?