Sometimes It Does Make A difference What You Wear

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The rural southern school system said dates will be opposite sex, boys will wear suits/tux and girls will wear dresses.

1 person said "I wanna be different" and got the ACLU involved.

School said screw it, there just won't be a prom, every body thank Connie

ImnoMensa

The rural southern school system said dates will be opposite sex, boys will wear suits/tux and girls will wear dresses.

Hard to believe these days that there is a place left in this country where people do not cater to gays and their intense desire to draw attention to their sickness.

Let the flaming begin:whistle:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

Retaliation.

And I thought the school board members were adults.:rolleyes:

tom88

Retaliation.

And I thought the school board members were adults.:rolleyes:

I think the school made the right decision. She could have easily taken her partner and both worn dresses. Instead, she wanted to make a statement and turn it into a circus. The school decided not to be the big tent.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think the school made the right decision. She could have easily taken her partner and both worn dresses. Instead, she wanted to make a statement and turn it into a circus. The school decided not to be the big tent.

GOOD for the school..

Rules are rules. She wanted to make her own special rules. She could have chose just not to go, like many people do every year in every high school.

But, as I've said before, no special group wants equal rights. They all want special, or better rights..

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"Somebody said, 'Thanks for ruining my senior year."' McMillen said of her reluctant return Thursday to Itawamba Agricultural High School in Fulton.

So the amswer is to file another lawsuit.
Hope the school drags out the court procedings as long as possible so she gets her prom in about 4 years.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
So the amswer is to file another lawsuit.
Hope the school drags out the court procedings as long as possible so she gets her prom in about 4 years.

We have discussed leaving gays and lesbians alone to the issue of "let them do what they want as long as their agenda isn't pushed into our faces."

Well how does this individual's wants and needs, ie., changing school policy sound to you?

One person feels that she can and must have it her way. That's not right IMO.

DEEKAYPEE8569

GOOD for the school..

Rules are rules. She wanted to make her own special rules. She could have chose just not to go, like many people do every year in every high school.

But, as I've said before, no special group wants equal rights. They all want special, or better rights..

They want special, or better rights BUT they want to be treated like everybody else. They don't want to draw attention to themselves but they have gay pride parades!

We hetero's could go on an on about this, but what's the point? We're paying attention to them whether they want it or not. I guess it depends on what day it is. Maybe tomorrow they'll want to 'just be left alone;' 'but don't treat us like outcasts.' Talk about wanting your cake and eat it too.....

When is the next "Straight Pride Parade?" "I'm Straight And I'm Great!"
I'm not a "gay basher." I have gay friends. But if you want to be treated like everybody else, DON'T make a big deal out of being gay.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
This parallels Ruby Bridges in some ways. Seems the student don't have an issue with her being gay or wearing a tux, the problem lies in the school district's decision to cancel the prom. WHO CARES if a lesbian wears a freakin tux?! There will be plenty of straight couples to make everyone feel "normal":sarcasm:. The rural racist bigot south needs to wake the hell up and smell the 2010! Quit livin in the past already "y'all".

T

toppick08

This parallels Ruby Bridges in some ways. Seems the student don't have an issue with her being gay or wearing a tux, the problem lies in the school district's decision to cancel the prom. WHO CARES if a lesbian wears a freakin tux?! There will be plenty of straight couples to make everyone feel "normal":sarcasm:. The rural racist bigot south needs to wake the hell up and smell the 2010! Quit livin in the past already "y'all".

Jackson is far from rural my friend, and more racist/bigots live above the Mason Dixon line........:howdy:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
As far as the rest of the students at that school why weren't there more of them, gays and lesbians willing to do the same as this one individual?

Apparently they didn't see any problem dressing up according to school policy.

Only one person considers the dress code incorrect and just plain wrong?

This_person

As far as the rest of the students at that school why weren't there more of them, gays and lesbians willing to do the same as this one individual?

Apparently they didn't see any problem dressing up according to school policy.

Only one person considers the dress code incorrect and just plain wrong?

A very heterosexual, very attractive female friend of mine went to our prom in a tux. I thought it was dumb, and told her so. Her date wanted to have happen what happens after a lot of proms, so he didn't argue with her.

I don't understand the school's need, personally, to that prescriptive on the dress code. I equally don't understand the girl's need to violate it.

All sides are wrong in this case, in my opinion.

bcp

In My Opinion
Jackson is far from rural my friend, and more racist/bigots live above the Mason Dixon line........:howdy:
Very true.
and on top of that, the same people that scream about letting someone live their life as they wish, are the very people that are telling some town that they have nothing to do with how to live theirs.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
itawamba county - Google Maps

How so? My public school senior prom in 93, a lesbian couple went together, nobody had a problem with it. We were located halfway between Philly & Allentown, north of the M/D line.

Very true.
and on top of that, the same people that scream about letting someone live their life as they wish, are the very people that are telling some town that they have nothing to do with how to live theirs.

Apparently the federal judge feels the same way as I do :shrug:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
We have dress codes in our society right?

There are any number of professional businesses along Rte 235 and on NAS Pax River.

What kind of stir do you think it would cause if a gay male showed up for work in a low cut dress and sporting high heels, diamond earrings and a purse one morning? I do know Fridays are casual dress days.......:lmao:

What would the supervisors/administraters have to say?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
:bs: Rules are rules. live within them or GTF out!! One f*cking moron should not disrupt the whole apple cart! I hope she collects lot's negative attention from her peers.

I applaud the school system for standing their ground.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
How so? My public school senior prom in 93, a lesbian couple went together, nobody had a problem with it. We were located halfway between Philly & Allentown, north of the M/D line.:
Was one of them wearing a tux? Did they violate any school policies?

bcp

In My Opinion
itawamba county - Google Maps

How so? My public school senior prom in 93, a lesbian couple went together, nobody had a problem with it. We were located halfway between Philly & Allentown, north of the M/D line.

Apparently the federal judge feels the same way as I do :shrug:
apparently the federal judge has the same opinion as you do, had the federal judge been one that had a different opinion of gays, then the decision would have been different.
I hold no value in what appointed judges have to say about any matter. Their seat is nothing more than a platform to impose their personal values.