Outlawing Abortions Based on Race, Gender

bcp

In My Opinion
and they wonder why I fight so hard agianst any other special interest group trying to latch themselves onto the civil rights carnival ride.

Mr.Steed

What a "crock...". Once again, the race card is being played, but not for AfAms. This is a laughable ploy being used as a manipulative tool by anti-abortion forces. Love to see what idiocy they come up with next.

"Because of health disparities, less access to birth control, less access to sex education," she said. "We have a higher rate of childhood sexual abuse. … And so when you have those types of disparities, you'll have unintended consequences. (not to mention, less education in general and income disparity)

"I tend to resent the manipulation of data that claims abortion is the problem when we're not doing everything we can to make sure health disparities are addressed."

The above is an intelligent and RATIONAL analysis.

"Davis said she is "flabbergasted" by the intensity of the opposition to the bill.

"You can still get an abortion," she said. "Is there all this hoopla because these doctors are doing what I suspect they're doing?" she said. "Otherwise, why are they up in arms about our campaign?"

Davis, who is black, said she just wants to see an end to what she called a racially motivated practice.

"If they will stop targeting my people, I will fade softly into the background," she said."

You just gotta love these conspiracy theories. This is ignorance at its worst, and is simply and unashamedly a strategy that has been employed before by black pro-lifers and exploited by white pro-lifers. There will always be abortion. Would be nice if everyone could start out by teaching young girls and boys to respect themselves, especially young girls. The current trend of objectification and sexualization of females has gotten so bad, it seems as if no strides were ever made for the empowerment of women. So for all the bozos out there, you might want to show a little respect because you are only contributing to the situation, think about it - dig deep!

bcp

In My Opinion
Sound to me like just another ruse to tie up abortion providers in court. It doesn't matter if the charges are proven, just the cost of defending yourself over and over would be enough to sink a lot of clinics.
that by itself is not at all a bad thing.
Im good with my tax dollars being spent on something that will put these people out of business.

and there might be some merit in the whole thing, they do tend to put more of their clincs in the poorer (minority) neighborhoods than they do the more white neighborhoods.
Since it most like is not because the blacks have a higher rate of unwanted pregnancy, I would have to guess that it is done this way to reduce the number of blacks in the cities.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So the 14 year old crack addict will be denied an abortion and FORCED to have the baby addict.. because she's of the "wrong race"??

I don't think percentages, and research matter if you aren't REQUIRED to get an abortion.. If 50% of the abortions go to 30% or less of the population as they say, abortion ain't the problem.. I would suggest shaggin bein the problem.

bcp

In My Opinion
So the 14 year old crack addict will be denied an abortion and FORCED to have the baby addict.. because she's of the "wrong race"??

I don't think percentages, and research matter if you aren't REQUIRED to get an abortion.. If 50% of the abortions go to 30% or less of the population as they say, abortion ain't the problem.. I would suggest shaggin bein the problem.
racist

This_person

Sound to me like just another ruse to tie up abortion providers in court. It doesn't matter if the charges are proven, just the cost of defending yourself over and over would be enough to sink a lot of clinics.
The race thing would be awfully hard to prove, regardless of the truth of it one way or the other.

The gender thing would be easier to prove. It's my understanding that there actually has to be, per Roe, an arguable detriment to the health or well-being of the mother. Up to now, that she would be financially burdened, and therefore it would stress her out, was reason enough to call it her "well-being" to kill her child. I'm not sure "but I wanted a boy/girl" could be considered, even by those most interested in allowing a woman to kill her child, the mother's "well-being".