Jury Duty Scam

DEEKAYPEE8569

That article is dated almost a full four years ago. It is still happening NOW?
This is of little relevance (sp?) but I recently switched home phone service carriers and didn't pay the extra for caller ID. So, when the phone rings, I just pick it up. HOWEVER, the minute someone starts asking for my SS# or birth date, I hang up. Simple solution.

Sometimes, I just let the phone ring. If it's somebody I know that REALLY wants to get hold of me, they have my cell #. Yeah, I know.....that phone scam can go BOTH ways.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This is of little relevance (sp?) but I recently switched home phone service carriers and didn't pay the extra for caller ID. So, when the phone rings, I just pick it up. HOWEVER, the minute someone starts asking for my SS# or birth date, I hang up. Simple solution.

Sometimes, I just let the phone ring. If it's somebody I know that REALLY wants to get hold of me, they have my cell #. Yeah, I know.....that phone scam can go BOTH ways.

When the salesperson or scammer on the line begins the speech, I tell them someone is at the door and I'll be right back. Lay the phone down and walk away. They'll wait for some period before hanging up. Most of the boiler rooms that run these scams are pressured to make a lot of calls in a given period of time. If you hold them up an extra 20 minutes or so, it hurts their bottom line. All our friends know to call our cell phones if they really want to talk to us, so we're not blocking any important calls by screwing with the scammers' minds.

Sydney

Yep! It's really happening again!

Jury Duty Scam | Amy Alkon on MND

Jury duty scam targets Cumberland County residents

Brand New Jury Duty Scam: