Doh Dah Deli...closed?!?!

BernieP

Resident PIA
But as of yesterday's Enterprise, the owner said that they didn't yet have a new location picked out....but did say that it would almost certainly not be in Leonardtown.

There was something else in the story that hopefully the owner took notice of, that this closure wasn't the result of a dispute with the landlord (like getting the boot from the Square was). This time they closed because customers weren't coming in, they were walking out.
I hope they realize it's not just the economy, it's their service and food - at times they SUCK!!!
It was hit or miss, there were times you didn't know who your server was and that the cooks forgot how to make a dish. We are not talking about getting cold food, we are talking about the cooks not using a key ingredient.
Hopefully they go small agian and go back to doing what they do best, in an eara that has a need. (The square was great because of the people working in the courthouse and other nearby offices could take a quick walk over.

lovinmaryland

There was something else in the story that hopefully the owner took notice of, that this closure wasn't the result of a dispute with the landlord (like getting the boot from the Square was). This time they closed because customers weren't coming in, they were walking out.
I hope they realize it's not just the economy, it's their service and food - at times they SUCK!!!
It was hit or miss, there were times you didn't know who your server was and that the cooks forgot how to make a dish. We are not talking about getting cold food, we are talking about the cooks not using a key ingredient.
Hopefully they go small agian and go back to doing what they do best, in an eara that has a need. (The square was great because of the people working in the courthouse and other nearby offices could take a quick walk over.

I dont think it helped them any either that they were right next to Salsa's. I can think of at least 3x's I said "hey lets go try do dah deli" and then when we got there went "mmmm Salsa's, lets go there instead" :lol:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I dont think it helped them any either that they were right next to Salsa's. I can think of at least 3x's I said "hey lets go try do dah deli" and then when we got there went "mmmm Salsa's, lets go there instead" :lol:
Salsas for breakfast?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Salsa's / Monterey / Cearro Grande so that wasn't a factor, it was the hit or miss service. Every now and then we would forget and go back. Sometimes we got the double whammy good luck and had a good server and the meal we ordered came out as expected - sometimes it was one or the other that was off and on other

IMHO the location cut down on the walk up crowd. When they were on the square people could walk over.

lovinmaryland

Salsas for breakfast?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Salsa's / Monterey / Cearro Grande so that wasn't a factor, it was the hit or miss service. Every now and then we would forget and go back. Sometimes we got the double whammy good luck and had a good server and the meal we ordered came out as expected - sometimes it was one or the other that was off and on other

IMHO the location cut down on the walk up crowd. When they were on the square people could walk over.

well brunch! Some Saturdays I skip breakfast, hit the gym, and then get to Salsa's right when they open up :yum:

They were a little pricey too IMO.

B

Bean

Doo Dah has been horrible ever since they opened in the new location. We have been very disappointed. I hope she is able to get the food issues worked out.

pilot

Salsas for breakfast?

I concur completely with both these points.

The "hit or miss" service was why we stopped going.

Also, the location was poor. Most people like to go to delis for lunch, and it was far from both downtown L-Town and the Base.

BOP

Salsas for breakfast?

That whole hit-or-miss thing seems to happen to you quite a lot, huh?