Chancellor's Run Rd U-turns

sockgirl77

I know this has been discussed before but I don't feel like digging up the threads.

How many months need to go by before people quit ignoring the No U-turn sign? It's very annoying to miss the light damn near every morning or afternoon because these idiots keep ignoring the sign that has been up for a few months.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I know this has been discussed before but I don't feel like digging up the threads.

How many months need to go by before people quit ignoring the No U-turn sign? It's very annoying to miss the light damn near every morning or afternoon because these idiots keep ignoring the sign that has been up for a few months.

I have spoken to a State Trooper and a Deputy Sheriff at my store and they admit that the SHA putting that sign up there is dumb. Both of them also said unless another driver makes a big deal out someone making that turn at that intersection, they will not pursue the said vehicle that made the turn.

Just sayin'.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

You're referring to U-Turning onto Chancellors Run Rd and not U-Turning onto 235, correct?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

I have spoken to a State Trooper and a Deputy Sheriff at my store and they admit that the SHA putting that sign up there is dumb. Both of them also said unless another driver makes a big deal out someone making that turn at that intersection, they will not pursue the said vehicle that made the turn.

Just sayin'.

Are you two friends now?

BOP

Just sayin'.

No wonder drivers do whatever the hell they feel like doing down here.

I did it the day before yesterday. Didn't inconvienience anyone.

I'll bet theytake it down when the road goes back to two lanes anyway.

Floyd2004

-Void-
I see soo many people pulling a U turn there that I just gave up and figured people around here just cant read :killingme

Normally I dont care when a little car does it fast and it one swoop. Its the super mega stretched trucks that try to make that turn that drive me nuts with their 5 point turns.

S

starr

What happens when a person making a right turn onto Chancellors hits a person making a illegal U-turn? Like I know they can't do that so I don't think I should have to yield to them breaking the law.

tomtom

What happens when a person making a right turn onto Chancellors hits a person making a illegal U-turn? Like I know they can't do that so I don't think I should have to yield to them breaking the law.

You will be ticketed as well. Failure to avoid an accident. Don't do that. Lex. Park VRS and Bay District VFD is busy enough without people causing an accident just because they think they are in the right. That would be just ignorant to hit someone rather than wait for them to complete a u-turn, illegal or not. You are not in that big of a hurry to go anywhere to be taking the chance of injuring or killing yourself and/or someone else.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

How about common decency?

If you see someone coming to make a turn onto Chancellors Run Rd., then give them the right of way, and let them pass first before you do your thing?

It ain't that difficult.

If there is an accident, the question of right-of-way is secondary. The real question will be, "who had an opportunity to avoid an accident".

If you really think you are completely in the right, I suggest you try it out. Let us know how it goes.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
If there is an accident, the question of right-of-way is secondary. The real question will be, "who had an opportunity to avoid an accident".

If you really think you are completely in the right, I suggest you try it out. Let us know how it goes.

:yay:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

Wouldn't not making the U-Turn be avoiding the accident?

Wouldn't not making the U-Turn be avoiding the accident?

Sure, but that's not the scenario being asked about. The scenario is that a u-turn has been made, and someone feels they can proceed because they have right of way, regardless.

CrashTest

Maybe the cops who don't enforce the sign because they think the sign is dumb are the ones who caused the accident.

S

starr

Wouldn't it still be if they could actually follow the laws and signs on the road there wouldn't be any accidents. I live off of Chancellors and it is a pain when I forget something and have to go up to another light to make a U-turn but I know I can't make a U-turn there. It annoys me that people just think that the signs don't apply to them.