What is Howard Dean afraid of?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:confused: Hey, didn't we have someone post a rally get together for Howard Dean in the local area? Trying to find out who's in favor of their boy, and drum up a little support in Sou. Maryland for him?

Strange, I haven't seen any more of that posting in a while; just when I was starting to get interested. :rolleyes:

In the other thread about Howie, I mentioned, although the Democratic ranting/raving and finger-pointing seems to be ignorant, I can't help but sense there is some twisted strategy in the works.

We just haven't seen the goal yet.

It's going to be interesting to see where it leads.:crazy:

B

Bruzilla

"This just shows the complete lack of foresight by the Bush administration once again," Dean said. "This is something that easily could be predicted and was predicted."

That's funny... I can't find anywhere, anyplace, or anytime that Dean or any other Democrat has made an issue of being able to track mad cow-diseased animals prior to the discovery of this animal. If this has been such a vital thing to do, why haven't the Dems been making an issue of it all along? Seems to me that the fact that the Bush folks had a plan in the works shows they were far more concerned with the issue than the Dems were.

More political hogwash from the Left.:bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Bruzilla
More political hogwash from the Left.
The whole Mad Cow "scare" is hogwash. A bunch of idiots with too much time on their hands, trying to throw the ignorant into a panic. And doing quite nicely, it seems. :duh:

B

Bruzilla

I think this mad cow-gate will fit in nicely with fake turky-gate and why-didn't-he-take-a-helo-to-the-carrier-gate at the upcoming convention. :cheers:

D

dems4me

Hi Penncam - I'm still here, just been sitting back and observing this forum. From reading the past topics and current topics and responses -- in my opinion, I repeat, my opinion -- I have gathered that this forum is not so much a political forum but a Republican forum. I could probably post a poll here and figure out which way most of this forum leans towards, but I tried that with another poll and I didn't do it correctly. So, to save further embarassment I won't. If someone else wants to the results would be interesting.

As for posting any topics or replies, why bother? Most the people on here feel that they already know everything (according to them) and just want to argue and fight. I'm passionate about politics and the democratic party but in a nonhostile and peaceful way, not hurting people's feelings, taking personal shots at people, etc... I'm not a cut-throat person that likes to make fun of others and laugh at them. I'm just someone that is doing what I can for Dean's campaign.

As for most of what I read lately in this forum, I'd just simply have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I feel that most people on this forum is just waiting in the background to attack me or others that are on the left. Where's the love for your fellow southern marylanders? We all seemed to be comrades after 9/11, the tornado, anthrax, a hurricane, snipers, etc... and then it just seems that all the love for one another and love thy neighbor as yourself attitudes went out the window because there is an election coming up. I thought this would be an interesting forum but all I did was get slammed so I stopped. I did get some responses but they were half-hearted, so I've moved on to other venues for organizing and just read this forum for entertainment.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by dems4me
Hi Penncam - I'm still here, just been sitting back and observing this forum. From reading the past topics and current topics and responses -- in my opinion, I repeat, my opinion -- I have gathered that this forum is not so much a political forum but a Republican forum. I could probably post a poll here and figure out which way most of this forum leans towards, but I tried that with another poll and I didn't do it correctly. So, to save further embarassment I won't. If someone else wants to the results would be interesting.

As for posting any topics or replies, why bother? Most the people on here feel that they already know everything (according to them) and just want to argue and fight. I'm passionate about politics and the democratic party but in a nonhostile and peaceful way, not hurting people's feelings, taking personal shots at people, etc... I'm not a cut-throat person that likes to make fun of others and laugh at them. I'm just someone that is doing what I can for Dean's campaign.

As for most of what I read lately in this forum, I'd just simply have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I feel that most people on this forum is just waiting in the background to attack me or others that are on the left. Where's the love for your fellow southern marylanders? We all seemed to be comrades after 9/11, the tornado, anthrax, a hurricane, snipers, etc... and then it just seems that all the love for one another and love thy neighbor as yourself attitudes went out the window because there is an election coming up. I thought this would be an interesting forum but all I did was get slammed so I stopped. I did get some responses but they were half-hearted, so I've moved on to other venues for organizing and just read this forum for entertainment.
Okay, a forum isn't about everyone seeing eye to eye on every subject. It's putting forth what you believe or opine and others doing the same. While we have those at both ends of the spectrum I believe that most of us hover in the middle. Isn't it the task that you have taken to convert us over to your side?

If you are indicative of those that follow Dean, or Dean himself, I must say that this is a weak following. To cut and run at the first sign of discord isn't how you convince others that "your man" is the right choice.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have gathered that this forum is not so much a political forum but a Republican forum.
You Dems are all alike. Whenever someone disagrees with you, suddenly it's some conspiracy. For the record, the politics forum is open to ALL (let me repeat that - ALL) political opinions. If you libs can't take the heat and don't have the courage to engage in political discussion, that's your problem.

It is my experience that Democrats fear political discourse because they know their passions don't stand up under scrutiny. I suggest you go here, where there is one opinion and one opinion only and anyone who deviates from that opinion gets banned. That way you will be around like-minded individuals and will never be challenged on your position and have to actually *shudder* THINK.

:duh:

D

dems4me

I agree about people not seeing eye to eye but that's where people have to learn to agree to disagree - not take personal attacks on people because of their beliefs. I can handle a debate but when it gets juvinile I draw the line and just turn the other cheek.
I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm just trying to help get Dean's message out, raise funds for him, organize local Dean events, attend summits, etc... Most people complain about things but do nothing to do about the problem, some people on the other hand, gets active.
I havn't "ran" anywhere - I'm still observing this page and figuring out who's who on it and observing people's opinions about various issues. If I had ran anywhere I would not have answered penman's question about my whereabouts. I don't feel the need to write about madcow disease and actually think that that is what Dean's campaign promises will include -- no more madcows!!! (there's only been one cow in the entire united states) and no one has been ill from that cow. If anything, I love animals and my heart aches everytime I see that poor cow struggling to walk and being looked at like a circus object from all the media. I support Dean, but don't agree with him on everything under the sun. This is one example.
My point was irregardless of your political beliefs, we should still show respect for one another as human beings. I for one can do that. I live with a Republican, work for a major energy firm, all my assighnments are Republican, my mother's sister runs as a Republican (treasurer of Stafford County) and my parents and rest of the family are democrats. We don't sit around critiquing one another personally or politically, we disagree but we don't stoop to the level of making fun of them because of their beliefs.

So maybe I'm wrong in trying to understand what this forum is used for. I'm not looking for arguments but if in a debate, I can back my beliefs up and have done so. I'm passionate about politics but not to the point of trying to tear down my fellow man and throwing cheap personal shots at them. I did only once on here to pete and I apologized, that's not me. I just find it intereting reading some of the hot air that is posted on here, and yes, if anyone is interested in joining Dean's group and getting active in his campaign please email me, if you want to see where he stands on the issues go to http://deanforamerica.com.

D

dems4me

vrail - I must say -- it is people like you/republican that feel the need to attack and be on the OFFENSIVE 24/7. If you were president -- what country would you attack next after we have conquered Iraq? No one said anything about a conspiracy theory here in little ol' southern maryland political forum. Don't exaggerate the problem or assume that is what all Dems think. I personally do not think this is a conspiracy of any kind. All I said was this appeared to be a Republican forum that I read for entertainment. Your responses especially frieghten me, you genreally appear to always be on the offensive and you try to bully others into agreeing with you whether you are correct or not. Vrail, perhaps you are actually derailed. Not trying to be funny but have you ever considered sensitivity training?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
vrail - I must say -- it is people like you/republican that feel the need to attack and be on the OFFENSIVE 24/7.
I'm not attacking nor am I offensive. If you feel attacked or offended when someone states their opinion, that's your problem.

If you were president -- what country would you attack next after we have conquered Iraq?
All of them - or at least the ones that have a brutal dictator sitting in the driver's seat.

Your responses especially frieghten me
If you're frightened, that's your problem as well. I can understand that a differing opinion might be scary to you, considering you don't have the courage to make your case against opposition.

have you ever considered sensitivity training?
No.

Ken King

PREMO Member
I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm just trying to help get Dean's message out, raise funds for him, organize local Dean events, attend summits, etc... Most people complain about things but do nothing to do about the problem, some people on the other hand, gets active.
Sure you are, isn't that why you are trying to get his message out? You want to garner support and that would take converting people to your side.
I havn't "ran" anywhere - I'm still observing this page and figuring out who's who on it and observing people's opinions about various issues. If I had ran anywhere I would not have answered penman's question about my whereabouts. I support Dean, but don't agree with him on everything under the sun. This is one example.
Who's who? That's funny. As to running, what do you call it when you no longer participate (oh yeah, turning the other cheek)? Silence has never convinced me of anything.
My point was irregardless of your political beliefs, we should still show respect for one another as human beings. I for one can do that. I live with a Republican, work for a major energy firm, all my assighnments are Republican, my mother's sister runs as a Republican (treasurer of Stafford County) and my parents and rest of the family are democrats. We don't sit around critiquing one another personally or politically, we disagree but we don't stoop to the level of making fun of them because of their beliefs.
Maybe if the candidates would show some of that same respect, instead of the total lack of respect that they spew, you might have a valid argument. But that isn't the game of politics, now is it? And to equate family interaction to that of strangers is ridiculous at best.
So maybe I'm wrong in trying to understand what this forum is used for. I'm not looking for arguments but if in a debate, I can back my beliefs up and have done so. I'm passionate about politics but not to the point of trying to tear down my fellow man and throwing cheap personal shots at them. I did only once on here to pete and I apologized, that's not me. I just find it intereting reading some of the hot air that is posted on here, and yes, if anyone is interested in joining Dean's group and getting active in his campaign please email me, if you want to see where he stands on the issues go to http://deanforamerica.com.
What is there to understand? A person posts an opinion or fact and then others of their own free will respond. It isn't rocket science or brain surgery you know. Most of us are passionate about our politics too. We all don't toe the party lines. Myself, a registered Democrat, I have seen a lot I do not like from the supposed all inclusive party. Now I look for those candidates that will benefit me and my family the most and to be totally honest I am tired of having to pay such a high price for so many to take the never ending free ride.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

We all seemed to be comrades after 9/11, the tornado, anthrax, a hurricane, snipers, etc... and then it just seems that all the love for one another and love thy neighbor as yourself attitudes went out the window because there is an election coming up.

And a bunch of power hungry numbnuts are accusing the CIC of everything from orchestrating the attacks, to ignoring the attacks, to causing earthquakes in Iran. This includes Little Lord Dean.

Look in a damn mirror if you got one. Cause.

Two points:

If you all are right, then he is so powerful that you can do NOTHING about it anyway, so be my fellow American again and rejoin me in slavery.

If you are wrong...you should be Goddamn ashamed and so should that sawed off, constipated hypocrite.

Sorry. I'm self medicating today.

D

dems4me

Its the cruel level that you take your disagreements to. You go off of the topic and start critiqing (just me for example) their writing style, stating that I was naive and should head up Deans campaign because I was just as ignorant or whatever and then I was called a BuddyLee goes to Washington or something like that -- it's personal attacks. You're responses to people are freightening. Its like you, as a Republican think you are the most powerful and bully people. How can you really expect anyone to post anything on here only to get personally attacked. If people don't believe your opinions - you then seem to go into Attack Mode!!! Regardless of the issue, you try to demean them and show no respect for them as a human. I as a democrat don't run fully cycle in attack mode if someone does not agree. We represent the poor and the middle class which are not powerful, we represent the underdogs and tend to be the ones with the "bleeding heart" for people, animals and the environment. I make decent money and I'd more than likely financially benefit from Bush or any republican in office, but its other morals that I don't want to sacrifice, such as the poor, the homeless, the disabled, jobless and other less powerful people that needs their voices heard in the Senate, the Congress and the White House. We can't just cut our losses (the underdogs) and move on. They are human beings too. And despite Pete's opinion -- not all people on disability are due to self-infliction. America is a great country because it's made up of such a diverse group, people like you, me, rich and poor. I would just like to stick up for the little man, the small business, etc... and be willing to volunteer my time to do that -- get active although it does not mean I have to be poor to realize this politically. The Bush's and republicans are soo powerful now that people like you vrail, don't even need to get active and involved. It would be nicer if there was more balance then the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer same ol' same ol' in my opinion. People need to be more compasionate for those people left out. I was friends with a very powerful attorney (makes a million a year), that told me while we were looking out his office window "I am no different than that homeless man there on the corner, I just have had better opportunities in life" If only more people genuinely thought that way instead of how they can get more money all the time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
CRUEL???

Its the cruel level that you take your disagreements to.

If the President of the United States is an evil wizard that runs and controls everything, that LET 3,000 people effing DIE so HE could look better AFTER already winning the election fair and square then what are we to say..."You're wrong".

How about your assertions, your parties assertions, being cruel not to mention pure fantasy.

Sorry. Did I mention I was self medicating today?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: CRUEL???

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Sorry. Did I mention I was self medicating today?
Double up on it Larry, seems to be doing you wonders. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dems, the only reason I might criticize your writing style is because I CAN'T READ IT!!!!!!! That big fat run-on paragraph above, for example. Creative spelling and grammar are only fine if you don't want anyone to be able to understand what you're trying to say.

If that missive was directed at me, personally, you better go back through my posts to you. I was the one that applauded your getting involved and encouraged you to post. Remember? :duh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey man!

I love you man! I was so happy you made the B day!

You look great! Losing weight?

How's the old lady?

You losing weight?