Improvement Projects

ewashkow

Hubby and I sat down the other day and compiled a list of projects that we want to do around the house. He has friends that can do most of the work but lets face it, who wants to work on their time off when it is like this outside? So, I was able to convince him to let me get estimates for the work from contractors. Any suggestions on companies to use for the following projects?

-Re shingle roof
-Build shed on concrete slab
-Replace siding on house and install siding on new shed
-Build a deck across front of house

Thanks in advance.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Hubby and I sat down the other day and compiled a list of projects that we want to do around the house. He has friends that can do most of the work but lets face it, who wants to work on their time off when it is like this outside? So, I was able to convince him to let me get estimates for the work from contractors. Any suggestions on companies to use for the following projects?

-Re shingle roof

Thanks in advance.

Snell & Sons
(301) 372-6087

dmarc

-Re shingle roof

Thanks in advance.
For the roof, try Roofing By George. Several owners in my area have used him and all are completely satisfied. Excellent work, good prices, wide selection of shingles, and the best part: they clean up afterwards so you don't have a million roofing nails in your yard.

Lava

Check out St. Mary's Roofing, they do good work and have good prices. They did a roof for me and a fence for my neighbor, very pleased.

JoeR

They will do everything that you listed in your post.

Have you used them yourself? I got estimates for a new roof from them and Roofing by Gearge and would be interested to hear how they were while doing the job and if they tried to sneak things in that wern't in the original estimate.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Have you used them yourself? I got estimates for a new roof from them and Roofing by Gearge and would be interested to hear how they were while doing the job and if they tried to sneak things in that wern't in the original estimate.

I was very happy with their work. Roof and a screened in porch.
No surprises.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

-Re shingle roof

Thanks in advance.

Outcome?