Metrocast!!!

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Does anyone know who runs/owns the local metrocast office I’m sick of the internet service. But where i live i can’t get anyone else. As far as i am concerned metrocast can suck the big one!!!!!!

B

Bean

Does anyone know who runs/owns the local metrocast office I’m sick of the internet service. But where i live i can’t get anyone else. As far as i am concerned metrocast can suck the big one!!!!!!

Wireless or Satellite.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Wireless or Satellite.

im trying not get wireless because verizon wants like 60 dollars a month for 5gb a month and i do alot of streaming and downloading and i had satellite once before and hated it, it woud drop out or go really slow. the cable is fine when it works.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
We hardly ever have a problem with our internet. We have it through Metrocast. Maybe the issue isn't with Metrocast? The one time we had problems our router was going bad. Hubby got a new one and we haven't had any issues since.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
We hardly ever have a problem with our internet. We have it through Metrocast. Maybe the issue isn't with Metrocast? The one time we had problems our router was going bad. Hubby got a new one and we haven't had any issues since.

Thats what i thought i dont use a router i have a hard line to my pc they have replace my modem 2 times now and still problems they said it was a outside line problem but no one has been here to fix it.

Sydney

I agree, we have internet service through Metrocast and we haven't had any issues, and we have as many as 4 wireless laptops running at once. No problem at all with signal or connection. Only problem I have is the price!

You may want them to come out and check it for you, I agree you may need a new router.

Sydney

Thats what i thought i dont use a router i have a hard line to my pc they have replace my modem 2 times now and still problems they said it was a outside line problem but no one has been here to fix it.

Oops! Sorry didn't see this post! :bonk:

I wonder if the cable coming into the house is giving you full service - I'd call them and have them come out and check it for you. I think you need to request they come and fix it.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I agree, we have internet service through Metrocast and we haven't had any issues, and we have as many as 4 wireless laptops running at once. No problem at all with signal or connection. Only problem I have is the price!

You may want them to come out and check it for you, I agree you may need a new router.

i dont have a router i have a hard line from the modem to the pc

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Oops! Sorry didn't see this post! :bonk:

I wonder if the cable coming into the house is giving you full service - I'd call them and have them come out and check it for you. I think you need to request they come and fix it.

oh i called today and stired some stuff up cuz this will be the 3rd time they have come out and they are giveing me 2 months free all i have is internet with them.

BernieP

Resident PIA

you have a modem / router - it's a dual purpose box.
Could be bad or you could just have a week signal and the signal to noise ratio is bad. Very common problem. The typical installation is that they have transformer where the bring the wire down from the utility poles and run it underground. The closer you are to this box, the better your signal. Conversely the further away, the weaker the signal and the more noise there is on the line. What happens is that packets get dropped and resent. The effective rate is then lower.
If this is the case they can't just boost the signal because it would overdrive the modems that are close.
Make sure they use the higher RG graded cable from the street to your home.

baby

They do charge way too much!!!!

N

navywife1984

We had the same problem about a year ago for quite a long time. It was so bad that I had Metrocast on speed dial on my phone. One week when I had nothing else pressing to do, I called and had them come out about 5 times in 7 days. I think they finally figured I wasn't going away and eventually sent someone out that knew what they were doing. They replaced some new lines coming into our neighborhood (a small one off of Rt. 5) and then replaced the line directly to our house. They left that laying on the ground for a "week" to see if it fixed the problem before burying it. Finally after about 6-8 weeks, it got buried and we haven't had a problem since. By the way, we had numerous modems replaced, new connectors countless times and all their other quick fixes that fixed nothing.

So my advice to anyone out there having problems, keep calling them (daily if necessary) and hopefully it will eventually get fixed like ours did. Best of luck to you.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Please send me a PM with your HFC (cable) MAC so i can try to assist you.

Metrocast says that its a outside line so there is nothing you can do they came out today and thrusday and told me that its the outside lines and they have to up the power on a few things and bring things back up to code and that is why i keep getting disconnected but... only time will tell

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Please send me a PM with your HFC (cable) MAC so i can try to assist you.

im hooked up through USB not Ethernet when i try hookin it up through ethernet my mac is zeros cuz my card is bad which is odd cuz my pc is only 4 months old and acer wants me to PAY to ship it to them in TX so they can replace. i can get a card for 20 bucks at staples which is alot cheaper then to ship it.

C

CTBburn

We have had TONS of problems with Metrocast. Routers not working, HDTV channels not working in the upstairs rooms, most specifically, we weren't getting anywhere near the internet speed we're paying for. We've even been told by a Metrocast employee that the nodes were overloaded and suggested we switch to Verizon. We weren't trying to get anything for free, just what we have been paying for.

We reported Metrocast to the FCC.

They reacted swiftly. My boyfriend was contacted by the head of Metrocast and a FCC rep on a 3-way call. Metrocast was not happy. They assured us that the nodes are not overloaded but will be upping the internet speed anyways. We haven't had a single problem since. The FCC also sent us reports on everything that had transpired regarding our complaint.

BravoFarp

Certified P.I.A.
I have Metrocast internet, tv, and phone. In November, the internet went down and I called. I was told I would have a technician the next day. Never happened. 10 days later, I called again and was told that the technician came out and checked my equipment and everything was ok. Kinda funny considering I was home the entire day and never saw this phantom technician. Since then, I've called over a dozen times because the TV and phone went out too. I'm told the technician was there every time and every time my cable was fine. I was home EVERY time, saw no technicians and everything is NOT fine. All 3 are still down. I called to have my service disconnected, because I was still paying on time every month, and was told I would have to pay a disconnect fee. I was also told the last 3 month's payments would not be reimbursed because "my service was working fine". I'm not paying anymore. They can come get their s**t and I will pay once all their garbage is gone from my house. If not for credit reports, the 3 boxes and modem would have been skeet targets a long time ago.