Moving Suggestions...Advice

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Ok, here is my dilema. I sold my house that closes on Sept. 13. I don't close on my new home until Sept. 27th. We decided to do a rent back situation with the new owners but it will cost about 900.00 for three weeks plus utilities. We have the option to move in with my mother in law for now but then I have to move twice. I really hate the idea of moving twice but it would save a lot of money.

What I need advice on is if anyone knows if its cheaper to hire professional movers to come and move my stuff and store it for two weeks, or if I should just grin and bear it and find friends and do it myself. It just seems so inconvient to move all my furniture to a unit for 2 weeks then move it to the house if I don't have to. Does anyone know if there might be a better solution for me?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
No I am moving out of a townhouse into a home with a garage but the owners will be living there until closing or I would ask to move my stuff there. I think I am going to end up having to store the stuff but I am waiting to get a few quotes to see how much it would actually cost.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
The storage unit I rented two years ago from Storage USA was the second-to-smallest size (you should be able to fit stuff from a small townhouse in it) and it cost about $75/month. Alot cheaper than the $900 rent-back!

Just gotta decide what's more important to you – NOT having the schlepp the stuff twice, or saving the money! :biggrin: