Employment Address : NA
School Address : NA
Charge: SEX OFFENSE 3RD DEGREE (3-307)
Category: Child Sexual Offenders
Information Contact: St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office
Date of Birth: 06/20/1983
Current Registration Date: 01/06/2010

TravisBickle

The St. Mary's County Sheriff’s Office Bureau of Criminal Investigations received information that registered child sex offender James Patrick Payne, 26 years of age, was not residing at his listed address on Yowaiski Mill Road in Mechanicsville.

An investigation conducted by BCI's Special Victim's Unit revealed Payne was staying at a residence on Old Village Road in Mechanicsville.

On April 12, 2010, Payne was apprehended as he was leaving the residence on Old Village Road and transported to the St. Mary's County Detention Center.

Payne was arrested and charged with one count of Registered Sex Offender Failing to Notify Authorities of Change of Address.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Thanks for posting these notices. :yay:

I don't frequently make it out to the Registry web site myself, so never know what's going on, or who I need to be aware of.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
The St. Mary's County Sheriff’s Office Bureau of Criminal Investigations received information that registered child sex offender James Patrick Payne, 26 years of age, was not residing at his listed address on Yowaiski Mill Road in Mechanicsville.

An investigation conducted by BCI's Special Victim's Unit revealed Payne was staying at a residence on Old Village Road in Mechanicsville.

On April 12, 2010, Payne was apprehended as he was leaving the residence on Old Village Road and transported to the St. Mary's County Detention Center.

Payne was arrested and charged with one count of Registered Sex Offender Failing to Notify Authorities of Change of Address.

Glad they got him. Sadly many of the addresses are bogus. Which can reflect badly on those that do live there. This is why we all must stay vigilant and alerted properly. I think a little more checking by our 'sex crimes' division's is needed. Seems its easy to toss out any address and work address. There is a Machanicsville construction company that has about 4 or 5 listed with them. Do all these people really work there?

:coffee:

tom88

Glad they got him. Sadly many of the addresses are bogus. Which can reflect badly on those that do live there. This is why we all must stay vigilant and alerted properly. I think a little more checking by our 'sex crimes' division's is needed. Seems its easy to toss out any address and work address. There is a Machanicsville construction company that has about 4 or 5 listed with them. Do all these people really work there?

In the last week or so, I have read about four or five of these guys getting arrested. How much more checking should they do. If you have four or five arrested in a week, seems to me like they are doing a pretty good job.

TravisBickle

In the last week or so, I have read about four or five of these guys getting arrested. How much more checking should they do. If you have four or five arrested in a week, seems to me like they are doing a pretty good job.

Yeah, I agree. It does seem like they have been checking on these scumbags and making arrests lately.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

I usually keep up on the news around here, this info totally slipped past me. Four or five arrested for false information and/or not reporting/registering? If so, then good for the force. Now let's be consistent shall we.;)

tom88

I usually keep up on the news around here, this info totally slipped past me. Four or five arrested for false information and/or not reporting/registering? If so, then good for the force. Now let's be consistent shall we.;)

Who is it you want to be consistent? The posters or the police? I'm not really sure I get your meaning?

seeamovie

I'm surprised itsbob hasn't come on to say that this guy wasn't really living in another place, but just taking a leak there. In any case, good job to the Staties for getting this guy!

CRHS89

I few years back I checked to see if there were any offenders living near me...there was one listed on my street, but at a number that doesn't exist. About a year ago, the cops came to our house and asked if we knew where that address was ( never mentioned who they were looking for). Just checked and the guy is still listed as living at the non-existent address.

TravisBickle

I few years back I checked to see if there were any offenders living near me...there was one listed on my street, but at a number that doesn't exist. About a year ago, the cops came to our house and asked if we knew where that address was ( never mentioned who they were looking for). Just checked and the guy is still listed as living at the non-existent address.

Well, maybe you should report it and let them know again.

P

playerhater

Yep, call the cops and let them know; he must be up to something if he is eluding them purposely.

tom88

The police of course. *leaves thread puzzled*

I guess I am confused as well. If the police are out there arresting these people how are they not being consistent? Maybe there is more information from another thread or something but the information from this one seems like the police are doing a great job.

tom88

I agree with the other two posters. Calvert County is 410 535-2800 Detective Friedman St. Mary's 301 475-4200 Detective Radis and Charles County 301 932 2222 Lt Lehy

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I guess I am confused as well. If the police are out there arresting these people how are they not being consistent? Maybe there is more information from another thread or something but the information from this one seems like the police are doing a great job.

Not such an excellent job on keeping the registry site up to date or checking statuses. They are not being consistent in that respect, how can we stay vigilant if we aren't aware of our true surroundings?

Do you consider 'catching' criminals on outstanding warrants during a traffic stop, good footwork by the force or luck? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we have a bad police force guess they are doing the best they can. I was only saying that the registry site needs updates more often, the registrars definitely need more and constant checking on. Just one under the radar is one too many. IMHO

TravisBickle

Not such an excellent job on keeping the registry site up to date or checking statuses. They are not being consistent in that respect, how can we stay vigilant if we aren't aware of our true surroundings?

Do you consider 'catching' criminals on outstanding warrants during a traffic stop, good footwork by the force or luck? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we have a bad police force guess they are doing the best they can. I was only saying that the registry site needs updates more often, the registrars definitely need more and constant checking on. Just one under the radar is one too many. IMHO

Exactly why we need the death penalty for these creeps! Save time and money. No worries!

tom88

I hear what you are saying, but I guess my point is if the police are out there making arrest on these guys, then how do you know they aren't out there being vigilant? I don't know what all goes into being able to prove legally that someone doesn't live at an address but I would suspect that a police officer can't just check an address, then when the guy isn't there arrest them. I am sure some sort of investigation has to go into it.

stmaryschick

Hopefully they will keep him in jail a while. People like this do not deserve to walk this world.

He has a baby about to be born too. Maybe the girl he impregnated will have enough sense to keep this one away from the child. However I don't see it happening.