Jobs for someone without a college degree

rmorse

Hey all,

A buddy of mine is looking for jobs around this area that pay $15+. He is currently working at a Home Depot up North, and is looking to move down here.

Other than DynaCorp, does anyone know of any jobs that would pay $15+ an hour? His background is mainly automobile and windows/doors. He is head of the windows/doors section at Home Depot, and used to work for a company that solely serviced windows/doors.

Any suggestions? I realize that the picking is thin w/out a college degree, but I'm hoping there is something out there. I would love to see him jump on base.

With DynaCorp, does anyone know the process of getting in?

Thanks all! :popcorn:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Hey all,

A buddy of mine is looking for jobs around this area that pay $15+. He is currently working at a Home Depot up North, and is looking to move down here.

Other than DynaCorp, does anyone know of any jobs that would pay $15+ an hour? His background is mainly automobile and windows/doors. He is head of the windows/doors section at Home Depot, and used to work for a company that solely serviced windows/doors.

Any suggestions? I realize that the picking is thin w/out a college degree, but I'm hoping there is something out there. I would love to see him jump on base.

\

Typically, one submits a resume. Careers - DynCorp International

rmorse

I might be wrong, but I suggest applying for a position, get an interview, get hired, make $15.01 an hour. :shrug:

What a revelation! Lol, I mean....is it easier to pick up an interview at a job fair? Go to the building? Or just apply online at their site....

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Truthfully a better plan is to submit a resume to dyncorp via the web..and then call lowes to see if they are hiring a door person. Those base jobs are tough to come by..and on top of it take a looong time to come through.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
What a revelation! Lol, I mean....is it easier to pick up an interview at a job fair? Go to the building? Or just apply online at their site....

First off, if your friends background is windows and doors at Home Depot, he's wasting his time trying to get a job at DynCorp. He needs to find a job at Lowes, Dean Lumber, Dysons, etc.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Job Fairs are a fustercluck, and geared toward the recent graduate. Some others have had luck, but it's not typical. If you go to the building, there's a very good chance you'll be told that the HR office is located elsewhere, and that they don't accept resumes locally. If you really want to waste time, apply online.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Hey all,

Here's a person to contact

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Tell him to join the Navy
They'll train him for his choice of jobs with full medical/dental, paid vacations, pay for his meals and provide him a place to live.

Then he can jump on base

rmorse

First off, if your friends background is windows and doors at Home Depot, he's wasting his time trying to get a job at DynCorp. He needs to find a job at Lowes, Dean Lumber, Dysons, etc.

Thanks. This is kinda what I'm trying to get from people....I am new to the area as well, and don't really know much as far as where places are. Only know of Lowes.

Thanks!

EDIT: So, nothing better to do other than mess with people?

Tell him to join the Navy
They'll train him for his choice of jobs with full medical/dental, paid vacations, pay for his meals and provide him a place to live.

Then he can jump on base

Dunno if that is an option for him, but your words are true.

Beta84

They're out to get us

:dingding:

surprised nobody commented sooner. he would have to get a bottom-end job if he started in something he wasn't familiar with and didn't have a degree.

Beta84

They're out to get us
That's not true.

if someone can walk in with no degree and no experience and get a job over qualified people for more than $15 an hour then I'm sad for the managers who are stupid and picking those people over the qualified ones who are job hunting that have at least minimal experience.