GPS Navigation with Radar?

S

shagger

As I'm driving home from work today in the rain, I thought it would be great to have radar capability on my navigational device to see where it is raining the hardest. During severe T-store outbreaks, it may be possible to change your route to avoid the storms. Does anyone have this feature on their Garmin or Tom Tom? Is it even available? :shrug:

ylexot

Super Genius
As I'm driving home from work today in the rain, I thought it would be great to have radar capability on my navigational device to see where it is raining the hardest. During severe T-store outbreaks, it may be possible to change your route to avoid the storms. Does anyone have this feature on their Garmin or Tom Tom? Is it even available? :shrug:

There used to be a Garmin that had the capability for XM Weather. I think it was model 476 or something like that.

ylexot

Super Genius
Zumo 550 Garmin has XM weather and rerouting.

I have one...no, it doesn't. The website is wrong. Well, you can get weather, but nothing to the detail of a radar map that you could use for rerouting.

...now if only Google would add that to their navigator....

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:killingme Dude needs GPS to find his way home from work

Pete

Repete
I have one...no, it doesn't. The website is wrong. Well, you can get weather, but nothing to the detail of a radar map that you could use for rerouting.

...now if only Google would add that to their navigator....

I have one too, it does have weather it is not radar quality but you can do some planning.

glhs837

Power with Control
My radar detector does have a GPS recviever, and I can get my lat long from it, but its main purpose is to locate fixed red light cameras.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Why change your route to avoid storms? Your in a car, not an airplane. Just roll up the windows turn on the wipers and headlights and drive according to the weather.

S

shagger

Why change your route to avoid storms? Your in a car, not an airplane. Just roll up the windows turn on the wipers and headlights and drive according to the weather..

Dude, have you seen some of the T-storm cells around here? And oh yeah- tornadoes! Guess what I'm really after is a chauffeur.......:buddies:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
My Ford Sync/nav system has the weather radar on it. Plus 5 day forcast, movies listings, gas prices, real time traffic, ski reports, sports scores, sirius, IPod control, 10GB hard drive, vehicle health reports and all voice controlled. Unfortunatly you'd have to buy a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury to get the system.

thurley42

HY;FR
My Ford Sync/nav system has the weather radar on it. Plus 5 day forcast, movies listings, gas prices, real time traffic, ski reports, sports scores, sirius, IPod control, 10GB hard drive, vehicle health reports and all voice controlled. Unfortunatly you'd have to buy a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury to get the system.

My Acura has all of that too....I would hope that all new cars would be coming with it...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Guess that gives you something to do instead of paying attention to your driving