Bad Motorcycle Crash

wagondriver1

WALDORF (12)(CHARLES)*MVA W/Helo*IAO HAMPSHIRE CIRCLE |SERIOUS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT WITH FLYOUT, 23 y/o PRI 1 CAT A TRAUMA PT, RESCUE ENGINE 123 REQUESTING MEDEVAC. MSP TROOPER 2 AS THE MEDEVAC. LZ AT WADE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL|RE123, E121.

Also Heard mention of the patient hitting a guide wire at 40 mph, and also it was a partial decapatation....Does not sound good.

royhobie

hobieflyer
Very Sorry To Hear About This. Prayers And The Good Doctors Are His Only Hope Now. In Southern Maryland We Have Way, Way Too Many Young People Dying On Our Roadways!! Some Think Our Roads Are The Indy 500 And That They Are The Only One On The Road. Several M/c Riders Have Lost Control Of Their Motorcycles On Gravel And Had To Be Rushed Off To The Hospital. Plainly Said Whether Any Of Us Like It Or Not, An M/c Is Low To The Ground, Smaller Than Any Other Motor Vehicle And Therefore Hard To See. Many Are Black Or Other Dark Colors Making Them Even Harder To See. Couple That With Their Lightening Speed, And You Have A "certain" Recipe For Disaster!! We Can Teach People With Classes And Info Commericals. But, Some Just Don't Listen. Simple As That. Don't Know What This Story Was, So Not Judging This Guy. Just In General Speaking, We As Our Southern Maryland Community Must Get Tired Of This Death And Distruction On Our Streets. We Have Got To Say Enough Is Enough At Some Point. But, How Do You Stop It, And When Will It End?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Very Sorry To Hear About This. Prayers And The Good Doctors Are His Only Hope Now. In Southern Maryland We Have Way, Way Too Many Young People Dying On Our Roadways!! Some Think Our Roads Are The Indy 500 And That They Are The Only One On The Road. Several M/c Riders Have Lost Control Of Their Motorcycles On Gravel And Had To Be Rushed Off To The Hospital. Plainly Said Whether Any Of Us Like It Or Not, An M/c Is Low To The Ground, Smaller Than Any Other Motor Vehicle And Therefore Hard To See. Many Are Black Or Other Dark Colors Making Them Even Harder To See. Couple That With Their Lightening Speed, And You Have A "certain" Recipe For Disaster!! We Can Teach People With Classes And Info Commericals. But, Some Just Don't Listen. Simple As That. Don't Know What This Story Was, So Not Judging This Guy. Just In General Speaking, We As Our Southern Maryland Community Must Get Tired Of This Death And Distruction On Our Streets. We Have Got To Say Enough Is Enough At Some Point. But, How Do You Stop It, And When Will It End?

That made my eyes bleed.

craberta

:deadhorseWe wear dayglo , do the speed limit, have flags on the back, and aholes still pull out in front of us, and change lanes like we arn't there.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:deadhorseWe wear dayglo , do the speed limit, have flags on the back, and aholes still pull out in front of us, and change lanes like we arn't there.

HIDs and MotoLights help.

And Hyperlights on the back for when you're stopped for a left turn on 5 or 235.

And APS favorite expression.. Positive Speed Differential.

craberta

And Hyperlights on the back for when you're stopped for a left turn on 5 or 235.

We have to try something, cause every time we ride we have 2 or 4 almost wrecks, where we get "ignored" or are invisible inspite of the bright colors and flags.

We have to try something, cause every time we ride we have 2 or 4 almost wrecks, where we get "ignored" or are invisible inspite of the bright colors and flags.

Not trying to be nasty or holier-than-tho, but I find that to be disturbing. I've been riding down here on 235, 4, 301, up to Annapolis and Baltimore and thru NY for years. I think in all that time I had one incident that I would even consider being close to getting hit. Again, without being a smartazz, there has to be a reason why I've had almost no incidents and you have 2-4 every trip out. Riding style, ability to flow with traffic, watching the traffic at least a 1/4 mile ahead and having eyes in your ass are things I take for granted when I ride.

Pete

Repete
Not trying to be nasty or holier-than-tho, but I find that to be disturbing. I've been riding down here on 235, 4, 301, up to Annapolis and Baltimore and thru NY for years. I think in all that time I had one incident that I would even consider being close to getting hit. Again, without being a smartazz, there has to be a reason why I've had almost no incidents and you have 2-4 every trip out. Riding style, ability to flow with traffic, watching the traffic at least a 1/4 mile ahead and having eyes in your ass are things I take for granted when I ride.

:yeahthat: As long as deer stay out of my way I have pretty safe rides almost everyday. If I had 2-4 near misses every time I go out I would sell my bike.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

:buddies:
Don't forget loud pipes and paying attention. Then there are loud pipes and loud pipes and still louder pipes, they all seem to help in traffic....

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:buddies:
Don't forget loud pipes. Then there are loud pipes and loud pipes and still louder pipes, they all seem to help in traffic....

:yeahthat: They ensure the people behind you are annoyed, your neighbors are annoyed and demonstrate to the general public that motorcyclists are ignorant self centered a$$holes

:yeahthat: They ensure the people behind you are annoyed, your neighbors are annoyed and demonstrate to the general public that motorcyclists are ignorant self centered a$$holes

I tried to pluck rabbit off your bike tonight on 235, but a van got in my way....

Disagree. That's never been proven to be effective one way or the other.

My exhaust is louder than most and there is no doubt that it has saved me from getting smashed more than once. If someone is too distracted to see me, they might hear me. I ride over 15 k miles a year in all kinds of weather and cagers never cease to amaze me. (I don't sit at redlights reving my engine like an ####### either)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As a rehabbing cager, I gotta say that pipes have alerted me to bikes a number of times that I was not aware of. Now, I am not saying it saved me hitting them as I do try to be very much aware of anything coming up on me before a lane change but, it has helped my awareness.

Just saying. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
As a rehabbing cager, I gotta say that pipes have alerted me to bikes a number of times that I was not aware of. Now, I am not saying it saved me hitting them as I do try to be very much aware of anything coming up on me before a lane change but, it has helped my awareness.

Just saying. :shrug:

Light (sight) travels faster and farther than sound..

Being seen does a lot more for your safety then being heard. Goes back to your statement of the state saying travel in the center of the lane.. that cuts down the distance an oncoming car can see you.. BUT it's not alway's 100%.. you may want to move right so a person entering from the right can see you.

Remember if you can't see them, they can't see you, and if you CAN see them, they probably still don't see you.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yup and light is also linear. If you're not looking the right way, you won't see a lighting bolt. Sound diffuses, readily.
:shrug:

True.. but with the windows up, and the AC on, which is going to penetrate better.. Sound or light?

I can tell you I can't hear an ambulance or a police car until they are on top of me in the summer, or winter.. and then can't tell where they are coming from.