HOT peppers

Vince

Habeneros grow great in this area. Check Lowes, they have some plants right now. Zimmermans, above Leonardtown, probably has a better selection and cheaper. Just put in hot banana peppers, jalapenos, mexibells and hot cherry peppers yesterday.

Pushrod

Patriot
I grow them every year and they do fantastic here. Plant them in full sun and give them plenty of water and you will have bushes full. Oh, and keep the deer away, they love pepper plants.

blacklabman

I grow them every year and they do fantastic here. Plant them in full sun and give them plenty of water and you will have bushes full. Oh, and keep the deer away, they love pepper plants.

Irish Spring soap (original) is a good deer repellant. Cut into quarters and hang from the cage.

SA475

"Mark It Zero"
I grow habeneros as well... They do very well here. Like Pushrod said, full sun and plenty of water...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Habaneros and other hot peppers LOVE our summers here. Just remember to plant in full sun, give them plenty of water (water the base of the plant, not the tops so you don't wash away the pollen), mulch to keep in the moisture, and don't fertilize much as this causes them to produce foliage and not large peppers.

Growing Peppers, Growing Hot Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers

I've grown habaneros, Mexi-bells, banana, cayenne, and chili peppers with great results. Happy planting! :cheers: