weed identification

beeth

I just moved in a new place in Rockville, MD. The previous owner had quite a few plants in the yard. I don't know whether some of them are weed or not. Please help and let me know if you can identify them.
I attached pics, please take a look and advise.
Thank you!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 145

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I just moved in a new place in Rockville, MD. The previous owner had quite a few plants in the yard. I don't know whether some of them are weed or not. Please help and let me know if you can identify them.
Thank you!

The first two are Roadside/Tall thistle. Most would say a weed, I say a cool wildflower. But in your flower bed? Pull it out.

Cowgirl

The first two pics look like sow thistle to me (weed, pull it!), the third looks like Sweet William (and it looks close to blooming, don't pull it!!). Not too sure about the rest.

beeth

Thanks!
How about this(please see attachment)?

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 100

ReadingTheNews

Thank you!

A bit late, but numbers 4 & 5 look like 'Cleaver', a weed that likes to snag (cleave) clothing/whatnot.

As for your latest images, I have no idea. (Well, I do have an idea, but unless you allow them to mature further, and post updated images, I can't really say. And you may not want to do this because some plants get a foothold and are tough to remove!)

Happy gardening!

Last edited:

Agee

Thank you!

In the third picture you have Sweet William (ones with the hairy spikes coming out of the top)

Thanks!

The first picture looks like Shata Daisies...

Thank you!

Thanks!
Why are you taking pictures of my front yard?