Noah's Ark found?

foodcritic

Interesting. Hopefully they will have more photos and other scientific review.

THE remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

Read more: 'Noah's Ark' found in Turkey | The Sun |News

'Noah's Ark' found in Turkey | The Sun |News

More details here

Evangelists claim Noah's Ark found

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
What a coincidence that it's evangelical explorers that found it. I don't know about that. But that would be really interesting.

Baz

This. ------------------>
I love the painting of all the animals calmly chilling out on the beach together, waiting to board. Very orderly! :killingme

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
There's 1 near Frostburg, MD, near I-68. You can see it from the highway when you drive out to Deep Creek Lake and parts west.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There's 1 near Frostburg, MD, near I-68. You can see it from the highway when you drive out to Deep Creek Lake and parts west.

I've seen that. They've been building it for probably 10 years. Good thing the flood isn't coming anytime soon.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's some mighty fine looking finished (Sawed) wood from that time frame..

I would think they would look more like LOGS then finishesd lumber.. but that's just me.

(I learnt that from Pawn Stars).

I need to go find a wood cabin in the Catoctin Mountains and tell everyone I found Noah's Ark.

What's amazing is the amount of people that will read that, look at the pictures, and BELIEVE IT!!

SamSpade

That's some mighty fine looking finished (Sawed) wood from that time frame..

I would think they would look more like LOGS then finishesd lumber.. but that's just me.

I need to go find a wood cabin in the Catoctin Mountains and tell everyone I found Noah's Ark.

What's amazing is the amount of people that will read that, look at the pictures, and BELIEVE IT!!

What makes me doubtful is that it would be astounding enough just to find a man-made structure at the top of this remote, desolate place. But I don't see how they could even claim the wood is "petrified" because to my knowledge, wood doesn't become petrified while encased in ice.

It looks like a huge fake --

but if it really was there at the top of the mountain, it may NOT be Noah's Ark, but it sure is amazing to even be there.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I don't have much problem believing in finished lumber back then.

But... Estimates for sea level increase if both polar caps AND the ice covering Greenland melted, are still less than 300 fee. So where did the other 12,700 feet of water come from? Assuming ithat boat floated to it's current resting place of course.

And more importantly, where did alllll that water GO???

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just figured 4000 year old lumber, and Noah not being a lumberjack or a sawmill operator the wood would look like this at best.

I also find it amazing that religious scientists always talk about the imperfections of carbon dating, but it's what they state as proof for Noah's Ark.. Course I didn't see any mention of WHO did the carbon dating.

Attachments

• hand_hewn_barn_beams_blg.jpg
    hand_hewn_barn_beams_blg.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

foodcritic

itsbob;4270265]That's some mighty fine looking finished (Sawed) wood from that time frame..

And the Egyptians can't cut rock either....

What are you basing that assumption on?

If you can find it at 13,000 feet you may have something....But you won't at that altitude...:killingme
What's amazing is that I don't necessarily believe it ...YET. More amazing that if it's found to be a boat/ship, the amount of people who will refuse to accept the fact of the historical accuracy of the Bible and what is plainly being displayed. They will reject all evidence(no matter how obvious) to continue to live their lie.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
More amazing that if it's found to be a boat/ship, the amount of people who will refuse to accept the fact of the historical accuracy of the Bible and what is plainly being displayed. They will reject all evidence(no matter how obvious) to continue to live their lie.

OK, that right there made me :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you can find it at 13,000 feet you may have something....But you won't at that altitude...:killingme

Inca Settlements have been found as high as 17000 feet, and one settlement in Chile was found at over 22,000 feet.

And since the Egyptians were brought up, if they can carry stone blocks miles through the desert to build the pyramids why can't someone carry some wood up a hill to build a "house"? Especially if the wood we are talking about is no more than a 100 years old. (I'm still not buying that that is wood milled 4000 years ago, by someone that didn't have a sawmill, nor owned 1,000 Jewish slaves).

Hell, the Kurds could have been up there 10 years ago, and built shelters and defensive positions to hide from the Turks.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't have much problem believing in finished lumber back then.

But... Estimates for sea level increase if both polar caps AND the ice covering Greenland melted, are still less than 300 fee. So where did the other 12,700 feet of water come from? Assuming ithat boat floated to it's current resting place of course.

And more importantly, where did alllll that water GO???

Has anyone considered how much additional water would need to be added to the Earth to flood an ark up to 11,000 feet? Unless perhaps it was tossed up there by something? Perhaps an arkapult?

From Monty Python's Cow-a-pult