In need of good media contacts

Christy

b*tch rocket
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. The neigbors referenced in my previous lawyer thread have apparently been inundating the Sherriff's office with phone calls demanding they serve my sister with a "peace warrant". How they can justify that I don't know, but the Sherriff's office will be serving my sister sometime today because these animals are making such a stink. I fear the Sherriff's office is bending over backwards to accomodate these people who attacked my sister for fear of them crying racism. I just can't believe this.

Now I want to get it out in the newspapers what is happening. I want them to see my sisters black and blue face and ask why she is being served a peace warrant, and they haven't served her attackers with anything as of yet.

It sure sucks to be white these days. :burning:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Unforunately I have nothing to offer you but support! I do not know of any inside contacts as far as the media goes. I can only say that I hope you take this higher than St. Mary's Today or the Enterprise. I think this is an excellent example of reverse racism! It also demonstrates how screwy and backwards our justice system has become when we make this much effort to accomodate the criminal instead of the victim!!

Take it as high as you can girl!! I will tune in!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I would call the papers, Post (Somd Extra Section), Recorder, maybe even the local tv stations..4, 7 and 9. I wouldn't mention the race issue...could be problem that they won't want to touch.

My fear is that this is going to escalate and somebody is going to get hurt...badly.

Good Luck

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Def. call St. mary's today - this sounds right up their alley and the guy will most likely publish a blurb or two. Not sure how "newsworthy" it would rate for the larger papers, but here is the number for the Metro Times section of the Wash Times (202) 636-3181 and the news bureau out of Annapolis (410) 268-6558

Also here is the number for Sawyer & Myerberg (301) 863-9434 - Myerberg is my lawyer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Told you already - Call the Charles paper, the St. Mary's Today, the Post and the Times. Be calm when you speak to them or, better yet, have your lawyer contact them.

Your sister has excellent grounds for a lawsuit against the Charles County Sheriff's office. Phil Dorsey is an excellent lawyer, BTW.

K

Katie

I can't believe that your

poor sister is having to go through this. It seems that they are treating her with racism it does work both ways.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Yeah, her head is still pretty messed up and she's been throwing up for days. The doctor said it may last up to two weeks, and she's having to try and get all her ducks in a row to fight these people, who obviously have some experience "working the system".

I think I may have to email Bill O'Reilly and send him off the pictures of my sisters face, see if he can maybe light a fire under the behinds of the Sherriffs office.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not to piss you off or anything, but if your sister was black and the scumbags were white, you'd be able to get national media attention fairly easily. As it stands, this isn't going to be something they're interested in.

But also contact the TV stations - WBAL, WJLA, etc.

WJLA - (202) 364-7715
WBAL - (410) 467-3000

Tell them you want to phone in a news tip and they'll connect you with a reporter, who will then determine if they want to bother with you or not. Give them the bare facts. If they show any interest, bait the hook with your suspicions - nobody at this house has a job, yet they have tons of mone, like that. Do not mention race when giving the story. Surprise them. Police corruption is something they'll want to jump on, but a white victim doesn't interest them as much, unfortunately.

K

Katie

I wish your sister all the luck

because those type of people are nothing but trouble. And I give her TONS of credit for having the courage to stand up for what she believes in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DO NOT EMAIL THE NEWSPAPERS! Call them on the phone. You're more likely to get immediate attention on the phone.

Go ahead and contact O'Reilly - can't hurt. oreilly@foxnews.com
You might also contact Rush Limbaugh and Hannity & Colmes - rush@eibnet.com and hannity@foxnews.com, respectively. You've got a non-liberal angle that they might be interested in. Don't know phone number for any of them so try email. If the local media picks it up, you'll have a better shot at national.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Thanks All! I'm hoping to hit all the resources you sent. I'm just afraid that once they hear that it was a couple black guys assaulting a white woman rather than the other way around, the interest will diminish.

What exactly is a "peace warrant" anyway? My sister asked to have one served on them also, and found out that they charge you $50 per person to serve a peace warrant.

I normally try and dig up all this info myself, but obviously it's been a little crazy and I've not had a whole lot of time, so thanks again to all of you!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tell your sister to call the Maryland State police barracks, tell them her story and ask them what to do. Even if she gets a restraining order on each person in that house, there's no guarantee that they won't get a friend to come harass her. If she's legal to own a firearm, that's going to be her best defense, unfortunately. Most of the time, knowing that someone is armed will act as a wonderful deterrant.

She can also call the Charles Sheriff's Dept and talk directly to Fred Davis (the Sheriff). He's up for re-election and might want to help her out, if ya know what I mean.

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
She's up at the MD State Police right now. She did fill out her "paperwork" to buy a gun (even though my father and all the neighbors have plenty), she wants to make sure she's "legal". The guy also told her she could probably get a concealed carry permit, due to her circumstances.

Incidentally, when they were passing by yesterday they saw them (the assaulters) removing bag after bag of, who knows what, from their home. I guess they are making sure they have nothing illegal around for when the Sheriff's finally do decide to do something.

I just want a plane and a Daisycutter! :burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Keep us posted on how this all goes down. I'm concerned for your sister's safety but the action of the Charles cops is very frightening. Everybody always thinks this sort of thing won't happen to them - until it does.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
...Incidentally, when they were passing by yesterday they saw them (the assaulters) removing bag after bag of, who knows what, from their home. I guess they are making sure they have nothing illegal around for when the Sheriff's finally do decide to do something....
They may also want to get a third party to video any illegal activity from the road or some area the photographer can't be noticed.

Best of luck to your family.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Sorry if this is a downer

While the restraining order is a good idea, don't depend on it for safety sake. In my experience, it will not stop someone who is determined to harm you. By the time the cops get there, it's too late. For example --the SOB can hurt you, or your property, or has run off. The police do not have to protect you, do what you must to protect yourself, within the law, of course.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Go for restraining order

Originally posted by BchBns
have her go to the court house in leonardtown

A great idea, but wouldn't she need to do this in the county where it is to be enforced, namely Charles? Try La Plata.