Who Is The Times Square Car Bomb Suspect?

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"Faisal Shahzad gave the impression of a quiet family man, raising two small children with his wife in Shelton, Conn. and telling neighbors he worked on Wall Street. Now the Pakistani-American is accused of trying to detonate a homemade car bomb in NYC.

Faisal Shahzad gave the impression of a quiet family man, raising two small children with his wife in Shelton, Conn. and telling neighbors he worked on Wall Street.

Now the Pakistani-American is accused of trying to detonate a homemade car bomb in New York City's bustling Times Square.

Shahzad was on board a Dubai-bound flight at Kennedy Airport when FBI agents and New York Police Department detectives took him into custody late Monday, law enforcement officials said. One official said he claimed to have acted alone.

Despite becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen on April 17, 2009, Shahzad spent much of the past year outside of the country, mostly in Pakistan where his wife, Huma Mian, is currently living. Details of his activities abroad remain unclear, but a picture of his life in American began to emerge Tuesday.

Shahzad, along with his wife and children, a boy and a girl, lived for about three years in a two-story Colonial-style three-bedroom home in Shelton, Conn., former neighbors said. "

More at: Times Square Car Bomb Suspect Faisal Shahzad Appeared To Be A Family Man - wcbstv.com

itsbob

I bowl overhand
"Faisal Shahzad gave the impression of a quiet family man, raising two small children with his wife in Shelton, Conn. and telling neighbors he worked on Wall Street. Now the Pakistani-American is accused of trying to detonate a homemade car bomb in NYC.

Faisal Shahzad gave the impression of a quiet family man, raising two small children with his wife in Shelton, Conn. and telling neighbors he worked on Wall Street.

Now the Pakistani-American is accused of trying to detonate a homemade car bomb in New York City's bustling Times Square.

Shahzad was on board a Dubai-bound flight at Kennedy Airport when FBI agents and New York Police Department detectives took him into custody late Monday, law enforcement officials said. One official said he claimed to have acted alone.

Despite becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen on April 17, 2009, Shahzad spent much of the past year outside of the country, mostly in Pakistan where his wife, Huma Mian, is currently living. Details of his activities abroad remain unclear, but a picture of his life in American began to emerge Tuesday.

Shahzad, along with his wife and children, a boy and a girl, lived for about three years in a two-story Colonial-style three-bedroom home in Shelton, Conn., former neighbors said. "

More at: Times Square Car Bomb Suspect Faisal Shahzad Appeared To Be A Family Man - wcbstv.com

Obama really screwed up on this one didn't he?

On a terror watch list, yet allowed to travel back and forth to Pakistan, and all the while allowed to BUILD A BOMB!!

Great security measures this administration has..... oh wait, this HAS to be Bush's fault.

glhs837

Power with Control
"Seemed like a normal guy". Who brought his faimly over while he got his citizenship, to allow free travel. Then shipped them back to safety while he recieved his training in how to build a bomb.

But, its possible he was here, intending to live a quiet American life. But evil forces back home lured him back. Once there, they threatened his family to coerce him into doing thier bidding.

Me, I'll take curtain number one, Monty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interesting. So since this guy was an American citizen, does that make this a case of domestic terrorism, a la Timothy McVeigh? As opposed to Islamic terrorism?

You gotta hand it to these guys - they're pretty freakin' sharp.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Interesting. So since this guy was an American citizen, does that make this a case of domestic terrorism, a la Timothy McVeigh? As opposed to Islamic terrorism?

You learnted the new terro-math! :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
PS: I am annoyed with this 'to kill Americans..." business. They never been to Times Square? Probably the lowest percentage of Americans anywhere in this nation.

:shrug:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Who is this guy, you ask?

Not very smart for one. Thinking he'd remove the VIN from the car was one of his mistakes. Thinking he could buy an airline ticket with cash at the counter without signaling a flag was another. I'm sure they'll uncover others, but these two stand out to me.

I'm just glad for two things: 1. that it didn't explode and 2. that this guy didn't get out of the country before they grabbed him, as close as it was.

Good job by everyone involved for making that happen so quickly. :yay: :yay:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

That's an easy one. Islamic terrorist. The MSM isn't saying a whole lot about this guys religion (Muslim). I guess that would be offensive and paint a bad picture of the muslims. In any case, he came for some f'ed up sandbox in the middle east and moved here long enough to be come an American citizen but not long enough to become an American . He is probably not the only one amongst us but hey, we can't profile, right?

I'm sure it's all Bush's fault. Oh, that's so "yesterday." It's all the tea party's fault. I almost forgot. I hate liberals.

ImnoMensa

Does anyone else wonder how many of these lunatics are still in America --sleeping.

How many are in our own county?

Go G-Men

Sleeper Cell. Bet my bottom dollar that there are plenty more.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
To all you muslim sympathizers who mock me every time I say KILL EM ALL,

:moon: :biteme: :smack: :bonk::buttkick::dork::shortbus::loser::shutup:

and
KISS MY BIG BLACK ASS!!!

When I'm right I'm right!! FIrst an Army Major now a naturalized citizen. They won't be so stupid next time sheeple!

Matthew

of course with people like Nonno leading the way. if you think this country was screwed under Bush be prepared for worse under Obammy. At least under Bush, we knew who our enemies were. Under BO, the Islamic terrorists are finding an open door.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
of course with people like Nonno leading the way. if you think this country was screwed under Bush be prepared for worse under Obammy. At least under Bush, we knew who our enemies were. Under BO, the Islamic terrorists are finding an open door.

Nonno is a pathetic little Nobody and isn't leading the way anywhere. He can't even find his way out of his parent's basement. As far as the rest of your statement..........:yeahthat: You are right!

Last edited:

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Nonno is a pathetic little Nobody and isn't leading the way anywhere. He can't his way out of his parent's basement. As far as the rest of your statement..........:yeahthat: You are right!

This from a person whose most defining moment in life was his last dump! :killingme

Go G-Men

This from a person whose most defining moment in life was his last dump! :killingme

Wow Nonno, you actually typed out a thought of you own rather than cut and paste a link someone else wrote. That would be progress. Albeit slow progress.