Rush on BP's oil spill

Sparx

Rush Limbaugh has a plan. He said there's no need to clean up the spill because "the ocean will take care of this on its own," and that oil is "natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."

What do you think?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Rush Limbaugh has a plan. He said there's no need to clean up the spill because "the ocean will take care of this on its own," and that oil is "natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."

What do you think?

From the title I thought Alex, Geddy, and Neil had a new CD coming out.:yahoo:

daileyck1

What do you think?

That he is an idiot, he also said some lefty hippies sabotaged the rig to blow up. That was priceless.:drummer:

LaserFocused

What do you think?

Sounds like he is on the pills again. :yay:

Toxick

Splat
...and it worked. Nonno and Sparx were tripping over each other trying to see who could post it first. :lmao:

Yeah - that was my point.

I don't even listen to Limbaugh, and I didn't hear the broadcast in question, but even I realized that this had to be a joke.

I often wonder if Limbaugh is performing some kind of mad science experiment to see if he can pucker enough liberal sphincters to create an astronometric singularity.

Rosehaven

?

I've buried my mother a month ago and haven't been going to SOMD as had been the norm. Not looking for sympathy, just answering your observation.
By the way, what was the topic that I got my ass handed to me about?

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Absolutely KILLS me to watch the Lefties twist themselves into a panic every time Rush says something that they don't like. Twisting his words and taking them out of context.

What they don't seem to get is that he posts transcripts of his show ON his website, so it doesn't take long at all to see what Rush REALLY said:

Here's what I said yesterday in context. This is after I played the Gene Taylor sound bite where he says, "The spill will break up." Gene Taylor (Democrat-Mississippi) was the guy flowing over it and said, "Yeah, you look down there, it looks like a bunch of chocolate milk but it's breaking up. The sea will take care of it. It's not Armageddon; it's not Katrina." Here's me talking about that.

RUSH ARCHIVE: [H]e is saying something that happens. The oil spill will break up. I'm not trying to minimize it here. But ecology does take care of itself, the planet does. Why all the panic? Oh, a crisis. Well, it's gonna break up. It's not going to be a giant glob when it hits, but it's going to pose problems. I'm not gonna say it's not going to pose problems, but he's saying that as it breaks up it will break down. You know, seawater is pretty tough stuff. Try living in it for a while. Oil has a tough time surviving. This many gallons of oil seep from the floor of the Gulf of Mexico every day, just spread out over the whole floor of the Gulf and it never surfaces 'cause it gets eaten alive, but it seeps from the ocean floor at this amount. Not as concentrated obviously as coming from this well.

State-Run Media Smear Rush with Out-of-Context Quotes on Oil Spill - rushlimbaugh.com

SamSpade

What do you think?

He's partly right, although he exaggerated a bit regarding Prince William Sound some time back. He claimed it had recovered without any regard for the cleanup. Yes, the land has recovered although the soil is still infused with a lot of oil and it's going to be toxic for another generation - but it will clean itself up. And he was right that all the scrubbing with detergent really didn't do a damn thing.

But he's also partly right about the toxic nature of the spill - eventually the ocean recovers, because after hundreds of millions of years, the ecosystem of the ocean has adapted to recovery from lethal toxins.

Provided they don't overwhelm it.

It will be bad for a while, but it will recover, and most of the recovery WILL be due to the ocean doing it all by itself, just as the ozone layer will correct itself given time.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
:killingmeI can see why you :killingme copy-paste all the :killingme time. It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot :killingme going on in the way of original :killingme thought.:killingmeWhat a clown :killingme:killingme

:killingme

Attachments

• FEEL YOUR  PAIN EMO.jpg
    FEEL YOUR PAIN EMO.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 57

Pushrod

Patriot
I've buried my mother a month ago and haven't been going to SOMD as had been the norm. Not looking for sympathy, just answering your observation.
By the way, what was the topic that I got my ass handed to me about?

My heartfelt condolences and prayers to you.