Bumpy yard?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
What is the best way to fix a very uneven and bumpy yard? The yard itself is fairly level..but COVERED in stuff...but once we clean up all the old leaves and piles of brush..how do we fix the unevenness? is it something we should do ourselves? or should we hire someone? What would that cost? What equipment would we likely need? SO has his own plan..:killingme but I would like to hear from a few more folks..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What is the best way to fix a very uneven and bumpy yard? The yard itself is fairly level..but COVERED in stuff...but once we clean up all the old leaves and piles of brush..how do we fix the unevenness? is it something we should do ourselves? or should we hire someone? What would that cost? What equipment would we likely need? SO has his own plan..:killingme but I would like to hear from a few more folks..

Depending on HOW bumpy (my yard is too bumpy for this to work).

A yard roller on a somewhat wet day will take care of most imperfections. If you have a garden tractor it would be big enough to tow one around the yard. They are just hollow plastic so they travel easy, then before use fill them up with water.

I'm going to till and level with a box blade in the not too distant future, but I could use a small yard to experiment on first!

Rael

Supper's Ready
I've used one of those yard rollers, too. Worked well for flattening mole tunnels, especially while the soil is moist. Might need some fill (top soil) for some of the low spots before rolling, too.

Not sure if you have access to the base, but up my way they rent them at the equipment checkout. If not, at any commercial equipment rental place should have them.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Now that's an idea..along with a little fill dirt for the low places...that would probably fix most of the problem...