good place to buy veggie plants

terbear1225

a freind of mine picked up several varieties of lettuce plants at the earth day celebration in leonardtown and they are really yummy! I looked at lowes and didn't really find anything similar. does anyone know where I could find a wider variety of vegetable plants/ herbs for a container garden?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Zimmerman's. North of Leonardtown on rt 5

:yeahthat:

They always have healthy plants, a good variety and fair prices. If they don't have what you're looking for, ask when/if it'll be available.

SamSpade

a freind of mine picked up several varieties of lettuce plants at the earth day celebration in leonardtown and they are really yummy! I looked at lowes and didn't really find anything similar. does anyone know where I could find a wider variety of vegetable plants/ herbs for a container garden?

Buckler's.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

Bucklers is a good place with good prices!

Just as a note to anyone who reads this, I went to the Southern
Maryland Regional Farmers' Market(SMRFM) in Cheltenham, Maryland this past weekend for their Flower and Plant Auction. They can not guarantee what plants that they will have present but they had a lot of annuals, veggie and herb plants, and some perennials up for auction. It was my first time going there and I will be going back this weekend! I saved a LOT of cash when compared to any of the stores or nurseries that come to mind when buying plants. The Auction starts at 10 AM but you can show up earlier for viewing of the merchandise. My word of advice if you have a landscape that needs a lot of attention bring something with plenty of room to put the plants in! I am bringing my small trailer this weekend!

The SMRFM is located in the old State Tobacco Warehouse off U. S.
Route 301, South (next to Veteran's Cemetery) in Cheltenham.