Paternal Rights and Abortion - one 4 JPC

B

BET

The Parent Trap: Paternal Rights and Abortion
What happens when the girlfriend of a recently divorced father of two gets pregnant—and she wants the baby, he doesn’t? Should men, too, have the right to choose?

By Stephanie Fairyington | May 17, 2010 4:00 p.m

Yes, he has the right to choose to keep it in his pants, wear a condom, or get a vasectomy. He does not have the right to choose what any woman does with her own body.

Yes, he has the right to choose to keep it in his pants, wear a condom, or get a vasectomy.

Both parties have responsibility. Hendrick should have been aware that antibiotics lessened the effectiveness of birth control. She also had the right to tell Breull to keep it in his pants, wear a condom, or get a vasectomy.

He does not have the right to choose what any woman does with her own body.

Agreed. He has no right to choose and therefore should have no responsibility when a choice is available.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What a messed up story.

I don't see why the guy shouldn't have any say when it comes to whether the woman will abort or keep the child, yet he's forced to pay if she keeps it. That is completely unfair.

And yes, he had the choice to not have sex, but guess what? So did she. If I were a guy I would go queer so I'd never have to put up with crazy women and their "reproductive rights".

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have a few problems with the woman. first off..no one would force me to have an abortion. any woman that would do that because that's what her bf wanted :bigwhoop:is a pretty weak person. And also, if she wanted to keep the baby, fine. She should..but should have realized that it was her responsibility and left him the hell alone. Maybe I am a proud #####..but there is no way I would take money from some man that didn't want my child and would have rather seen it dead. I wouldn't want him to have a thing to do with it. Money or otherwise. I would rather die than take a dime from him.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Sorry, nobody should have the choice to abort. Both played the game, thus both are responsible. No excused. That's life. Sadly, the law allows it, so it really does not matter.

The right thing to do is have the child and for everyone to support raising that child that created it. Doing anything less than that is cruel to others for only selfish reasons. But then that is the reality of it, is it not.

E

EmptyTimCup

as long as there is an Abortion Option, Men should not be forced to pay support ....

how many #####es have gotten pregnant intentionally to either screw over the guy, try to keep him or some other lame ass'ed reason

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
as long as there is an Abortion Option, Men should not be forced to pay support ....

how many #####es have gotten pregnant intentionally to either screw over the guy, try to keep him or some other lame ass'ed reason
I think the non-custodial should pay support if they were married or long-term and had every intention of raising the kids together. If it's one of those one-nighter type of things, or just casual dating, I don't think there should be any child support.

That's just off the top of my head, and someone can change my mind for me. But I don't think it's fair for both parties to engage in casual sex, yet only one of them gets royally screwed.

B

BET

What a messed up story.

I don't see why the guy shouldn't have any say when it comes to whether the woman will abort or keep the child, yet he's forced to pay if she keeps it. That is completely unfair.

And yes, he had the choice to not have sex, but guess what? So did she. If I were a guy I would go queer so I'd never have to put up with crazy women and their "reproductive rights".

Very good points. Also, maybe the woman wants to keep the child, but has no business being a parent. He not only has to pay monetarily but also has to watch the child grow up in a living hell.

Pete

Repete
Very good points. Also, maybe the woman wants to keep the child, but has no business being a parent. He not only has to pay monetarily but also has to watch the child grow up in a living hell.
Well there is one other alternative. :shrug:

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
After reading the article, I agree with O'Reilly. Real Men support and protect their children (even if it is unborn). Anything less than that and the man is just a piece of trash looser. So what if the women decieved him. That is why you have sex with someone that you can trust and are willing to deal with any responsibilities that may come of it. If you don't like it, DIY. I do not care how ugly, awful, mean that women was, buddy, you are responsibility. The agreement is with life,nature and God (if you believe in). You mess with that and you have serious issues coming your way. Remember the commercial "It not nice to fool Mother Nature".....ha! To end it, any one that does not take they responsibilities are weak wimps and do not deserve to be call a man.

E

EmptyTimCup

That is why you have sex with someone that you can trust and are willing to deal with any responsibilities that may come of it. If you don't like it, DIY.

yeah well that gets back to the whole Morals thing .....

do not stick your dick in any fence knot hole, keep it in your pants until you are married, after counseling and a long courtship.

Marriage was supposed to be forever ..... man has changed that to a matter of convenience .....

and for the record ... I am Against Abortion .... I have the Child Support bills to prove it

you do not compound one mistake with another .....

5 Kids 4 Mothers ..... :faint:

Toxick

Splat
If I were a guy I would go queer so I'd never have to put up with crazy women and their "reproductive rights".

I considered this, but dudes' boobs aren't very fun to play with. Plus they're not smooth and soft like women (unless you get a fat guy), and they got hair in places where it has no business being. And their bodies are not nearly as pleasing to look at.

Oh yeah, then there's that whole penis thing.

All in all, crazy women with their reproductive rights - and all the other nutty stuff they do - are worth it in the end.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever

do not stick your dick in any fence knot hole, keep it in your pants until you are married, after counseling and a long courtship.

Marriage was supposed to be forever ..... man has changed that to a matter of convenience .....

and for the record ... I am Against Abortion .... I have the Child Support bills to prove it

It really is not that moral. Just don't buy something because it is nice and shiny at that moment (ie Beer Fog). It's all about being responsible for your own actions. Period.

Pete

Repete

OK, I hate to wade into a moral argument but "marriage" is a man made institution but "procreation" is coded in our DNA.. Humans throughout history have not been exactly monogamous as a species so this whole "If you play slap and tickle without a long courtship, counseling and marriage" is a pipe dream. Ha! I make pun.

B

BET

Well there is one other alternative. :shrug:

I’m stumped, what would this “other alternative” be?

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
He could fight and get custody. I did :shrug: Got my boy when he was 13 months old and here it is 12.5 years later and he is great.

Right on Pete. There are several alternatives including grandparents. In fact I have at least two friends that got custody from the mothers because they were basket cases, but then they were in marriages that were in the dumps too. Great guys, just wives that took a wrong turn and not coming back. Bottomline is someone needs to be "responsible". That is a tough one. So many kids I knew when I was growing up were great kid, but they had awful parents. I see that has not changed much these days either. Some of the parents are worst then the kids.

Last edited:

tom88

What a messed up story.

Yea, but she is going to have to pay for the baby too. I don't think anybody should be forced to abort a child. If you want to have some agreement where a guy won't have to pay, then put it in writing prior to having sex. If a guy wants a baby and opposes the person he's with having an abortion, put it in writing before having sex. Absent a contract, then you play you pay!