Where are they?

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I'm speaking of the EPA and the liberal Hollywood elite. If the oil spill had happened on G W Bush's watch, every star in Hollywood and every environmental group from here to Timbuktu would be screaming for his head on a silver platter! And yet The Chosen One, all while sitting on his butt sucking down Bushwhackers and sno-cones, gets a free pass from these groups. And if this were impacting some third-world country like it is our own Gulf Coast, every celebrity would be jumping on the bandwagon, trying to guilt us into donating to some "relief" fund, yet they are silent. So much so that even a 9-year-old is questioning it. The following letter to the editor appeared in Friday's Independent newspaper. Amazing isn't it?
============

Helping our own
Friday, June 11, 2010

Hi. My name is Amber; I am 9 years old. My concern is that we are so quick to help other countries that have disasters; movie stars, millionaires and other people send money to other countries like Haiti.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's great we help countries in need, but this oil spill is destroying our beaches and hurting wildlife and no one is doing anything to help. There are no TV commercials asking for donations, no famous movie stars are sending millions to help.

What can I do to get Americans interested in helping our own country?

Amber Coxen, La Plata

GoodnessME

Just proves that LaPlata 9 year olds have more on the ball than Hollyweird adults.

But===But BP is "paying" for the "clean-up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT US!!!! Who are we going to be helping with Concerts and tele=a=thons---BP or the "Gulf"???? Just my 2cents worth........:whistle:

Bushy23

But===But BP is "paying" for the "clean-up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT US!!!! Who are we going to be helping with Concerts and tele=a=thons---BP or the "Gulf"???? Just my 2cents worth........:whistle:

Exactly. Haiti couldn't just charge mother nature to rebuild. Why should we and other countries let BP off the hook?

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Exactly. Haiti couldn't just charge mother nature to rebuild. Why should we and other countries let BP off the hook?

Of course I agree BP should clean up and pay for it, but that's not my point. It's not just about the money. There are things the Obama administration could have done instead of sitting on its butt doing nothing for 50+ days and yet the left is letting them off the hook. The same leeway was not afforded the Bush administration after hurricane Katrina. And those same celebrities who are so willing to clean up other countries' messes could donate money to help Gulf Coast residents or volunteer to clean up oily wildlife, etc. but they aren't. I'm just saying.

Matthew

Just proves that LaPlata 9 year olds have more on the ball than Hollyweird adults.

What you don't understand is that these elites don't want to help their own country out. After all, if we are stupid enough to pay for their careers, then in their estimate, we deserve to be skewered over and over again.
They are the "trend setters" and we, like adoring sycophants, follow them like mesmerized prey animals. As said, we fund their lifestyles willingly, so what is, is.
Other than the few conservative actors and actresses, directors, and producers, most live in a style that any ordinary American can imagine. You would think that being blessed with that much good fortune that they would STFU. Instead, they are self absorbed, heavily drug addicted and seem to have more abnormal relationships than the rest of us.
If you are expecting them to step up to the plate, don't hold your breath.

bulldog

What you don't understand is that these elites don't want to help their own country out. After all, if we are stupid enough to pay for their careers, then in their estimate, we deserve to be skewered over and over again.
They are the "trend setters" and we, like adoring sycophants, follow them like mesmerized prey animals. As said, we fund their lifestyles willingly, so what is, is.
Other than the few conservative actors and actresses, directors, and producers, most live in a style that any ordinary American can imagine. You would think that being blessed with that much good fortune that they would STFU. Instead, they are self absorbed, heavily drug addicted and seem to have more abnormal relationships than the rest of us.
If you are expecting them to step up to the plate, don't hold your breath.

Do you think it's that or the fact that if these liberal wack-jobs jump on the enviromental ban wagon about this mess they are really pointing a collective finger at Obama for not reacting more quickly? Obama is scrambling trying to look like he is doing all he can so his Hollywood cheerleaders jumping on him would not help much.
He probably dispatched a highly paid Whitehouse staff member to every active movie set they could locate and demanded that they not get involved.

Last edited:
B

Bronwyn

I'm speaking of the EPA and the liberal Hollywood elite. If the oil spill had happened on G W Bush's watch, every star in Hollywood and every environmental group from here to Timbuktu would be screaming for his head on a silver platter! And yet The Chosen One, all while sitting on his butt sucking down Bushwhackers and sno-cones, gets a free pass from these groups. And if this were impacting some third-world country like it is our own Gulf Coast, every celebrity would be jumping on the bandwagon, trying to guilt us into donating to some "relief" fund, yet they are silent. So much so that even a 9-year-old is questioning it. The following letter to the editor appeared in Friday's Independent newspaper. Amazing isn't it?
============

Helping our own
Friday, June 11, 2010

Hi. My name is Amber; I am 9 years old. My concern is that we are so quick to help other countries that have disasters; movie stars, millionaires and other people send money to other countries like Haiti.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's great we help countries in need, but this oil spill is destroying our beaches and hurting wildlife and no one is doing anything to help. There are no TV commercials asking for donations, no famous movie stars are sending millions to help.

What can I do to get Americans interested in helping our own country?

Amber Coxen, La Plata

So far the only celeb I've seen seriously involved and actually helping is Kevin Costner. :shrug:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
So far the only celeb I've seen seriously involved and actually helping is Kevin Costner. :shrug:
And while it's really cool that he is offering his help, don't forget that he has a tremendous financial stake in his "assistance". If BP agrees to use his centrifuge/oil extracting machine, he stands to make an absolute killing.

But if it does work, it could mean all the difference in how thoroughly and how quickly the Gulf can make a start to recovery, and that is definitely good.

B

Bronwyn

And while it's really cool that he is offering his help, don't forget that he has a tremendous financial stake in his "assistance". If BP agrees to use his centrifuge/oil extracting machine, he stands to make an absolute killing.

But if it does work, it could mean all the difference in how thoroughly and how quickly the Gulf can make a start to recovery, and that is definitely good.

I've read on CNN that BP is purchasing 32 of his machines.

Matthew

Do you think it's that or the fact that if these liberal wack-jobs jump on the enviromental ban wagon about this mess they are really pointing a collective finger at Obama for not reacting more quickly? Obama is scrambling trying to look like he is doing all he can so his Hollywood cheerleaders jumping on him would not help much.
He probably dispatched a highly paid Whitehouse staff member to every active movie set they could locate and demanded that they not get involved.

While I will admit I am doing what the liberals do best-generalize, I think it is popular amongst the liberal Hollywood effetes to dump on the country that allows them to do so. I would love to see them try the same in such liberty lights as North Korea, China and the African dictatorships. Does the word"disappear"resonate. As to Obama, he is awash in these Rodeo Drive commandos. Where are the tough guys like Sean Penn and Danny Glover ? If they are so pro-Chavez, why arn't they living in Caracas ? Maybe because they know their lives would be in danger from the small Anti-Hugo underground in Venezuela.
I know you will argue it is their right to dissent. I will agree with you, but kicking the country which protects that PRIVILEGE while it is down, is no way to show gratitude.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I've read on CNN that BP is purchasing 32 of his machines.

Actually, they're leasing them. Keeps them from opening and backward engineering the mechanics on the inside (at least makes it illegal). This probably also brings consultants along (on a really high retainer) to manage and advise BP on when and how to use them.

From Kostener's perspective, that's a lot more valuable.

B

Bronwyn

Actually, they're leasing them. Keeps them from opening and backward engineering the mechanics on the inside (at least makes it illegal). This probably also brings consultants along (on a really high retainer) to manage and advise BP on when and how to use them.

From Kostener's perspective, that's a lot more valuable.

True, I missed the whole "Lease" part