Lovin' being Texican

Attachments

• Penguine.jpg
    Penguine.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! :cool::cool:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol: Yeah, such great role models and religious message.... :lmao:

You make big fun but, at core, isn't it? The commitment to a greater purpose than self? To do whatever it takes, at ones own risk, to do a greater good, to give back to an institution under attack by unreasonable and uncaring, if not outright hostile forces, that gave so much to them and to others?

Dude, you've never been in a Penguin's class in Catholic School, have you?

Never. I guess that's why I grew up without any severe mental issues.

You make big fun but, at core, isn't it? The commitment to a greater purpose than self? To do whatever it takes, at ones own risk, to do a greater good, to give back to an institution under attack by unreasonable and uncaring, if not outright hostile forces, that gave so much to them and to others?

The thought is noble, but the end does not justify the means. It was great as a comedy film, it's not a real life message.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The thought is noble, but the end does not justify the means. It was great as a comedy film, it's not a real life message.

Of course it does.

Why would we ever fight, go to war? Crusade? We do not live in some sort of perfect world that is just in all things at all times. We have these things that keep getting in the way and have all these different views; humans. That doesn't mean we don't strive for 'better' ways to resolve differences but, 'better' can be just as subjective as anything else.

Catholicism is filled with ends justifying the means. Life is.

Of course it does.

Why would we ever fight, go to war? Crusade? We do not live in some sort of perfect world that is just in all things at all times. We have these things that keep getting in the way and have all these different views; humans. That doesn't mean we don't strive for 'better' ways to resolve differences but, 'better' can be just as subjective as anything else.

Catholicism is filled with ends justifying the means. Life is.

Well, there is our basic difference. I'm an agnostic. I do not believe in the Catholic church, hierarchy or anything else. To do something "in the name of the church" is someone's justification for doing something they would not normally have been able to justify.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, there is our basic difference. I'm an agnostic. I do not believe in the Catholic church, hierarchy or anything else. To do something "in the name of the church" is someone's justification for doing something they would not normally have been able to justify.

On the contrary. I'm very much an agnostic; I know that I don't know if there is a God in heaven or not. That said, many, most of the concepts of Christianity I very much respect and support and think we live in a better world because of including the idea of serving something bigger than yourself.

If the SHTF, I will be behind the barricades where the Christians are.

:buddies: