Holy Hell

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:frown: What the heck is wrong with my gourami? It's bloated to all get out ... (about triple it's normal width) ... it used to be an orange-ish color, and now it's pink. :confused: There aren't any other gourami's in the tank any more, so I don't think it's knocked up. Any clues?

Pics attached.

Attachments

• old breton inn & gourami 010.jpg
    old breton inn & gourami 010.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 237

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by crabcake
:frown: What the heck is wrong with my gourami? It's bloated to all get out ... (about triple it's normal width) ... it used to be an orange-ish color, and now it's pink. :confused: There aren't any other gourami's in the tank any more, so I don't think it's knocked up. Any clues?

Pics attached.
Very important question!!!

Has tater been alone with this fish at all lately? :confused:

crabcake

:shrug: i didn't get a good focus on these pics (on the fish) but you can see well enough to know that this ain't right ... I went :yikes: when I saw it. A gourami is usually about as "thick" as an small-mid-sized angel fish (at least mine were). :confused:

Attachments

• old breton inn & gourami 011.jpg
    old breton inn & gourami 011.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 160

tater

Re: Re: Holy Hell

Originally posted by mainman
Very important question!!!

Has tater been alone with this fish at all lately? :confused:

:lol:
Nah, i woulda hit the pleco a lick instead anyway. Gourami is still wayyy too small :wink:

I did put some deer jerky in the tank last night though. Wonder if that's his problem :confused: :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
The link I posted talked specifically about a swollen abdomen and a pinkish color....it didn't sound good....did you read it?

crabcake

thx catt

I read the article (and bookmarked it for future reference) ... the fish has that raised scales thing going on they mentioned too. As horrible as this sounds, I'm not going to be terribly upset if he goes ... I want to get rid of these fish (tetras, angel fish, etc.) to move my cichlids to this tank. But it freaked me out when I saw it ... at first, I didn't even know that it was the gourami. :yikes: It looks like, if you just tapped it, he'd explode! :frown:

tater

:frown: What the heck is wrong with my gourami? It's bloated to all get out ... (about triple it's normal width) ... it used to be an orange-ish color, and now it's pink. :confused:

Maybe his "white" count is high. :shrug:

You could help him out. You like fishsticks, right ?

:razz:

crabcake

Update

The Phat Phish has disappeared :confused: No floating or sunken gourami body. :ohwell:

I asked Tater if he kicked and if he just got rid of him, but no dice. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Re: Update

The Phat Phish has disappeared :confused: No floating or sunken gourami body. :ohwell:

Did it leave a note?

K

Kizzy

Re: Update

Ewwww, you think he popped?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
:shrug: no clue ... no note. maybe it kicked and the other fish ate him. :ohwell:

Clean your filter too. We've had fish die then get sucked up inside it.

crabcake

if this fish got sucked into that filter, I'd be shocked :yikes: he was really, really bloated, and the filter only has little slit-style openings on the pole that goes down into the water. :ohwell: the openings are about the thickness and length of a dime, at best.