21 Polo Horses die suddenly at Palm Beach

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Poor horses! Yes, you Maryland peeps, stay away. Sadielady is down here and you know what a trouble maker I am.:whistle::dye: I will enjoy the mid 70's without you.:buddies:

fredsaid2

Poor horses! Yes, you Maryland peeps, stay away. Sadielady is down here and you know what a trouble maker I am.:whistle::dye: I will enjoy the mid 70's without you.:buddies:

They're forecasting 80 degrees for the weekend and last saturday was beautiful. I think we're doing ok! :biggrin:

Eventer29

BF and I were watching this story on the news last night. The reporter said that they are not suspicious at this time. BF and I looked at each other and both said BS! I am waiting to hear more about it....Interesting....and sad.

mingiz

Horse Poor
BF and I were watching this story on the news last night. The reporter said that they are not suspicious at this time. BF and I looked at each other and both said BS! I am waiting to hear more about it....Interesting....and sad.

Yea I thought the same thing.......:popcorn:I think someone did it. :coffee:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Pst..that line only works in the wintertime. Our weather is now getting nicer here. We might have rain but our horse's have all that yummy grass to eat.

hehe I lived there for 5 years and it goes from freezing cold to blazing hot in a matter of weeks, flip flopping day to day cold....hot...cold....hot...with a couple of nice days in between. I have had nice grass here for a couple of months now. As it starts to heat up down here I will certainly keep my mouth shut, but I know it will be hot up there too.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
:confused: Ok, what does the weather have to do with 21 Polo Ponies dying this past weekend. :whistle: I just couldn't resist. :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
The link I posted last night said they were looking into the wrong amount of selenium being added to the shots given shortly before the polo match. That in high doses selenium could be fatal. Also read that the horses from the team that didn't get the shots back at the team barn were fine. It really is sad.

devinej

well that's a releif.. sort of. here's to FDA approval and not messing around with drugs...even it they are just "vitamins"

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
They've launched a criminal investigation.

How horrible.

It remained unclear whether the Lechuza team used the brand name drug or a copy of it made by a compounding pharmacy in the U.S., which the Food and Drug Administration said could be illegal. Compound pharmacies can, among other things, add flavor, make substances into a powder or liquid or remove a certain compound that may have an adverse reaction in different animal species. They cannot legally recreate a drug that is not approved in the U.S.