George Bush: Losing Core support?

where do you stand with Bush'e recent positions?

• Concerned, but still loyal...will vote for in 2004

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Angry, might consider opponents, unsure of vote

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Was loyal, definitely NOT loyal now-looking for candidate

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Didn't vote for him in 2000, won't do it in 2004

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • He's impressed me with his decisions...earned my vote in 2004

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Bush has made me apathetic, don't feel like voting for anybody.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll still vote for Bush - I doubt something better will come along. I figure if conservatives don't like him and liberals don't like him, he must be doing something right.

So who would you vote for instead, Hessian? Howard Dean?

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm still not sure where I stand with the whole illegal immigrant immunity deal. To be quite honest, and maybe this makes me really un-American, but I don't have a problem with anyone in this country who actually wants to WORK, Mexican or not Mexican. :shrug:

Maybe I'm a complete tard, but I thought there were already policies and procedures in place (for a few centuries now) for anyone to come to this country and work LEGALLY. Why do we have to come up with a new set of rules/standards? :shrug:

Someone please educate a dumb blonde please! :jet:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Oh! I forgot to add, that I will still vote for GW. He's gotta come up with something worse than the suggestion of legalizing the illegals for me to change my vote.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Christy
He's gotta come up with something worse than the suggestion of legalizing the illegals for me to change my vote.
That was worth a repeat :clap:

Hessian

Constitution Party

Yeah, some will say...
**You're throwing your vote away!!!
**That group doesn't even get noticed!!
**Isn't the Constitution Party pretty reactionary???

anyway:
constitutionparty.com

is against big government....
is against a wave of illegal aliens...
is against the IRS & its abuse of citizen's rights.
strongly stands for the 2nd amendment.
strongly stands for pro-life
strongly supports home schoolers
Resists the ACLU agenda
etc.

Yeah, I was one of 8 in Calvert that voted for the Constitution party in the primaries in 2000...and you know what...I'm hoping to double that number in 2004!
:biggrin:
Vote to uphold the constitution!

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
That's the same party I'm leaning towards myself. I wasn't keen on Bush the 1st time, but he was better than Gore.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think everybody ought...

...to vote for who they really want. To not do so is absurd, IMHO.

I voted for Alan Keyes because I considered Bush a lightweight.

I have been impressed as hell by his focus.

He said he'd cut taxes. He's still cutting them!

He said he'd bring a new tone to Washington. He hasn't said one ugly word in kind about any opponent. He named a Federal building for RFK as a nice gesture to Ted and Co. knowing damn well Ted will NEVER support him. No one has EVER had more emotional hatred and vitriole hurled at him. He has brought back the Reagan-esque maturity and decency I think we should have in government.

He said he would be a 'compassionate conservative'. He has put seniors biggest day to day issue, prescription drug cost, on the national table.

His is a visionary, taking great risk for great gain: Changing reality for the better in the Middle East.

His father took measured steps. Clinton less so.

And he is taking his duty to provide for the common defense as a solemn duty.

All he has to do in a second term is allow the 'assault' weapons ban to expire, start work on Social Security and keep doing the job on terror and we're looking at an incredibly successful Presidency.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Sharon
I wasn't keen on Bush the 1st time, but he was better than Gore.

Way to go out on the limb on that one :biggrin:

I think my gym socks have more character than Gore.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
I can send you a scratch and sniff version :biggrin:
Nebbermind
thud.gif

Hessian

Alan Keyes

Alan has always impressed me...I heard him speak up in Surrattsville (I avoid saying Klinton)and he was exceptional.

Coincidently Larry, Alan Keyes will be speaking up in Pa. on the 24th of Jan with Judge Moore. (It is sponsored by the Constitution party:wink: )

Keep getting people to vote on the poll...I'm curious about the sentiments.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Maybe I don't know *enough* about the illegal thing to know the full story. I know it isn't blanket amnesty.

But it is a reality that with 8-10 million undocumented illegals in this country, we can't hope to send 'em all back. There's too many, and we don't know where they are.

If they're working already, and can prove it, they're not "taking jobs away" because they're working already - they're not a burden. If you give them working status, that's one more way of knowing WHO is in the country, and who is NOT. If they're not working, boot them out. Why waste time with freeloaders?

But there are at least two big things about this that make me wonder about how smart it is. Rewarding illegal behavior is sure to encourage more of it. I realize it took years of neglect for it to get this bad, but that is what will happen. The second is, as long as there are Mexicans who will work for less in this country, there remains a threat that future employers will begin to hire them rather than Americans. If safeguards from the Labor Department could keep employers from exploiting this, I can see it working.

But I can't see it being a good thing until we have the balls to patrol the border effectively. We're still not doing that.

So far, Bush has done nothing to lead me to want to vote against him.

ericw

Originally posted by Frank
But there are at least two big things about this that make me wonder about how smart it is. Rewarding illegal behavior is sure to encourage more of it. I realize it took years of neglect for it to get this bad, but that is what will happen. The second is, as long as there are Mexicans who will work for less in this country, there remains a threat that future employers will begin to hire them rather than Americans. If safeguards from the Labor Department could keep employers from exploiting this, I can see it working.

But I can't see it being a good thing until we have the balls to patrol the border effectively. We're still not doing that.

So far, Bush has done nothing to lead me to want to vote against him.

One thing they need to do is crack down on the sweatshops that hire illegals, as well as patrol the border better. As for rewarding illegal behavior, we need to stop automatically granting citizenship to children born in this country whose parents are illegals. :burning: We don't grant citizenship to the children of (legal) guest workers, diplomats, or tourists, why do we give it to the children of illegal immigrants? (The answer - of course :rolleyes: - is that left-wing practitoners of identity politics would scream "racism!" or "anti-child" if we didn't) I think it's actually disrespectful to LEGAL immigrants to reward illegals with jobs and citizenship.
As for Bush, I voted for him in 2000 and probably will again, though I might vote Libertarian if it looks like a landslide. I'm not so much "for" Republicans as against Democrats, and that usually means voting Republican. And there is no Democratic candidate where I'd consider voting for the person without regard to party, except perhaps Lieberman, who won't be nominated anyway.

alex

The illegal alien thing bothers me the most. Why are we rewarding people who break the law? Also, the policy opens the door to more than just sweatshop and Wal-Mart workers. Think about all the tech jobs? Why should a US firm pay an American worker say $50 K a year plus benefits when they can hire an immigrant for $20K w/o benefits? Think what that will do the economy?

Hessian

Blew the budget...
Sorry I can't quote the Bill but the persciptions for seniors and modifications for medicare don't even appear on anybody's radar screen!

Think of it: baby boomers start retiring in 2006. That will become an enormous burden on the medical system. And who will have the veins of ice to say: Sorry: we have to cut medical support???

How about the Mars colony idea? talk about dependents!!
The whole world will be caught up in the trauma if someone is stranded...losing power, or oxygen...how many billions will be rushed through NASA to save the dying colony? How about a space pebble the size of a golf ball colliding with a multi billion dollar orbiter/lander 2 months away from earth bring back a few precious ounces of Mars dirt?...put another sticker next to the project board that says" No Response, project terminated."

Mr Bush: Our parks are undermanned, underfunded, our bridges are past repair, our borders are 10% more secure since 9/11, our farmers are caving in to developers at the rate of 2 square miles a day, and millions have 0% health coverage....and you want a thimble of Mars dust.

Our border with Mexico is 2000+ miles....
we just spent $820,000,000 on 2 Mars probes....
That means: we could have spent over $40,000 per mile of border to put up fences, search lights, heck even mine fields and stopped the flow of illegals down to a trickle and had enough left over to double our Border guards...but no, we needed two thimbles of Mars dust and pictures of a wasteland.
Are we out of our minds with stupidity or what????:confused:

D

dems4me

I like what you have said about the Mars probe and the illegal status of Mexican workers. I recall reading somewhere that the Mexicans will only get the job if we cannot find Americans that want the job (which I know is a grey area, such as only paying minimum wage where an American will turn it down), etc...

Here's a thought -- and yes, its really, really out there -- maybe the jobs that americans would not want is going to mars and being colonized up there?? both annoucements came out the same week??? :biggrin: :biggrin: Think about it -- maybe that's why Bush is making them legal (with the American first clause) and now the Mar's probe.... or maybe Bush is doing the mars probe and spending all that money as Kucinich(sp?) said "maybe he's looking for WMDs up there??" :biggrin: Quite frankly I was thinking maybe he's looking for more oil.

What are we doing up there and spending money we don't have as a nation for Mars exploration? I for one don't care what the dirt consists of on Mars and would much rather have the money reflected on my paychecks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by dems4me
I for one don't care what the dirt consists of on Mars and would much rather have the money reflected on my paychecks.
This is where representative government comes into play.

I'm happy to cough up money for space exploration, but not particularly thrilled to be feeding, housing and entertaining criminals. I'm not pleased to provide for their legal bills, either.

I'm not happy about paying extra for goods and services so companies can cover the lawsuit settlements that some tard and their ambulance chaser decide to hit them with.

But I'm tickled pink to pay for the liberation of Iraq. And it would be my pleasure to kick in for pay raises and extra bennies for the military.

So who gets their way - you or me?

D

dems4me

well if you send all the criminals and illegals to mars that would really suit your cause too...:biggrin: I think this way Bush is killing two birds with one stone!! :biggrin: I think the idea is -- let them cross the border, then drive them to Houston or Florida NASA centers, put them in a rocket (with pay of course) and send them to mars. Hows that for knee slapper!!! I just think it was funny that these two annoucements were made soo close together, that's why I'm rolling them into one policy.

I just don't want to be the ones paying for mars dirt - you know the price on mars dirt will just go up in value only on ebay:smile:

As for frivolous lawsuits - I'm in agreement there. Do you know that some firms actually study the most dangerous traffic intersections in the state and then set up shop right at that intersection??!!! Ridiculous and pathetic.