The Walking Dead

BuddyLee

Football addict
AMC has delivered some great shows in the past few years in Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Rubicon. I just learned that they're bringing forth a new series called "The Walking Dead".

I have been waiting for something like this to sprout up. I'm a devout Living Dead fan and cannot wait for October to come around so I can start catching these episodes.

From the director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile and the producer of The Terminator and Aliens. This debuts Halloween.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video

millertc

AMC has delivered some great shows in the past few years in Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Rubicon. I just learned that they're bringing forth a new series called "The Walking Dead".

I have been waiting for something like this to sprout up. I'm a devout Living Dead fan and cannot wait for October to come around so I can start catching these episodes.

From the director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile and the producer of The Terminator and Aliens. This debuts Halloween.

I cannot wait to watch it. :yahoo:

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I'm pretty excited about this new series too. I hope it's good. I need something while waiting for the new Spartacus episodes :)

LC_Sulla

Oh yeah! Looks good! However, they borrowed heavily (i.e.stole) the whole waking up in the hospital thing from 28 Days Later (a great movie).

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh yeah! Looks good! However, they borrowed heavily (i.e.stole) the whole waking up in the hospital thing from 28 Days Later (a great movie).
Wouldn't surprise me but it could be quite the opposite. This story is actually based on a long-standing comic book series.

Nevertheless, multiple ideas are borrowed and used. Rarely is an original thought or idea generated these days. Supposedly, this series is going to deliver some of that.

BuddyLee

Football addict
So, what did you guys think?

What a crazy start. I thought he was almost done for in that tank scene. Jesus!

LC_Sulla

So, what did you guys think?

What a crazy start. I thought he was almost done for in that tank scene. Jesus!

It was pretty good.

Question: Do you think he had any connection to the zombie with half a body that he put down near the end?

Question: If YOUR wife/husbande were a zombie, could you shoot them in the head?

Question: Would you have split up like the main character and the father and son did in the show?

Question: Would you have deliberately traveled to a major city during a zombie epidemic?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I found myself whispering when the zombies were outside the house and wanted to shush up the characters who were making noise. I FELT that tension. This show was well done.:yay:

millertc

It was pretty good.

Question: Do you think he had any connection to the zombie with half a body that he put down near the end?

Question: If YOUR wife/husbande were a zombie, could you shoot them in the head?

Question: Would you have split up like the main character and the father and son did in the show?

Question: Would you have deliberately traveled to a major city during a zombie epidemic?

No, I think he felt sorry for partial zombie

I sure as hell could. I have seen a few zombie flicks where the one you know comes back to bite ya in the azz.

No, splitting up is usually a bad idea. So is firing a gun from the house you and your son holed up in.

Nope, everyone knows that is a sure fire way to get yourself in trouble. However, should you choose to do that then be sure to ride in on a big ole horse for the zombies to munch on while you make a getaway. :deadhorse:mad:

I loved The Walking Dead and cannot wait for next week.

BuddyLee

Football addict
It was pretty good.

1. I thought he just felt sorry for it. That is based on the fact that he went back to put it out of it's misery and said "I'm sorry this happened to you."

2. If I had to I would definitely. However, I would rather run away.:lol:

3. I probably would have stuck around with the father and son. Strength in numbers and I hate being alone.

4. Hell no. Although, that was awesome. Almost like a Western rollin' into a big town on horseback.