Yellow means GO!!!!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
So, the other day, while casually strolling along Shangri-La, northbound, I hear the wail of a so-so four cylinder being pushed pretty hard with the throttle. A bit faster than even the fast ones normally go through there, I notice as I glance back to see the red Hyundai Tiburon fast approaching. Its about even with the Bank or America.

I look forward, then backwards, thinking, "You better get on the brakes Skippy, that yellow aint gonna last" Sure enough, it hits red before he passes the graphics/office supply shop. He guns it even harder, and passes under the red to go northbound about 1.5 to 2 seconds after red.

I am used to seeing folks blow reds around here, but this was pretty freaking blatant. That light was red 6-8 car lengths out and he still went for it.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I've been tutoring my sixteen year old about trying to survive behind the wheel, and have one big bit of advice for anyone driving around here:
Do not go on green, LOOK left first, make sure all the cars are going to stop! Then LOOK right to make sure about those. I then figure it's pretty safe to proceed, although around here with the total lack of traffic light enforcement, it's still dicey.
Learned this trying to survive on a motorcycle where nobody seems to see you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
[Starman is driving the car, and speeds across a recently turned red light, causing crashes for the other motorists]
Starman: Okay?
Jenny Hayden: Okay? Are you crazy? You almost got us killed! You said you watched me, you said you knew the rules!
Starman: I do know the rules.
Jenny Hayden: Oh, for your information pal, that was a *yellow* light back there!
Starman: I watched you very carefully. Red light stop, green light go, yellow light go very fast.

:lol:

J

jp2854

I thought yellow meant to slow down because the red light was coming next. :confused:

You are right. Did you know if you go through a yellow light and cop is behind you or anywhere in sight that he can see the light infront of him he will ticket u for going through a red light? have seen it happen in the past.

FED_UP

I thought yellow meant hurry up and get through before you see red, and if you do see red you better move even faster, when I moved to Southern Maryland that is what it means.