Garage door repair recommendations

Richard B

Any recommendations for a local garage door repairman (with experience)?

The spring my on garage door is broken and needs replaced (and perhaps other work as well).
:cds:

Peachypie

We had our garage door spring replaced last August. We used Affordable Garage Doors (410)867-1112. The cost was $390. Great service.

bohman

Sacks did some work for us, 410-586-0689. Did the job right and actually showed up on time.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
We had our garage door spring replaced last August. We used Affordable Garage Doors (410)867-1112. The cost was $390. Great service.

I have never worked on a garage door in my life and replace both of my springs for about $60 bucks (2 new springs, cables, clamps, and even replace my rollers!). Nothing about $390 sounds affordable to replace 1 garage door spring!

cdsulhoff

Lanham Garage door LLC 240-375-9355
Its a Calvert County company~ Family run business for over 35years.

Peachypie

Was that one spring?

well... now I'm wondering if I paid too much - too late, now anyway. I just found the receipt and here goes:

1 - 1 3/4 x 30 x 235 x LHW
1 - 1 3/4 x 27 x 225 x RHW
w/ plugs

All I know is the spring(s) was replaced and the door opens.
Hope that helps!

cdsulhoff

well... now I'm wondering if I paid too much - too late, now anyway. I just found the receipt and here goes:

1 - 1 3/4 x 30 x 235 x LHW
1 - 1 3/4 x 27 x 225 x RHW
w/ plugs

All I know is the spring(s) was replaced and the door opens.
Hope that helps!

My husband said 250 is the max you should of paid!

Last edited:

Richard B

Called Dean Lumber this morning (They also do garage door repairs). Have not heard back from them yet. Not a good sign.

Spoke with Lanham garage door this morning too. He is supposed to be here by six pm. Time will tell.

I will get quotes from the other recommendations as well.

Any recommendations for a local garage door repairman (with experience)?

The spring my on garage door is broken and needs replaced (and perhaps other work as well).
:cds:

cdsulhoff

Called Dean Lumber this morning (They also do garage door repairs). Have not heard back from them yet. Not a good sign.

Spoke with Lanham garage door this morning too. He is supposed to be here by six pm. Time will tell.

I will get quotes from the other recommendations as well.

He is on his way He should be there in 5 mins!

softtouch

I had the tip break off one of those overhead type springs a few years ago.
Late 70's vintage before they had the safety cable through them. The way that thing ricocheted around the garage, if it had hit me I think it could have killed me.
So if they are pre-safety cable vintage, you should replace them all.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
It's hard to find a good dependable company. In 2001 I called Parker Door Co in Waldorf which was 3/4 of a mile from my house. I couldn't get them to return my call so they lost out.

2 years ago I called Beltway Garage doors and they wanted almost $500 to replace my 2 springs; (Are they on drugs or what)??!! My springs and door (16' steel) are very heavy duty but springs are springs!

I've seen it done twice now so I feel very confident that I'll do it myself next time. My first set of springs lasted 16 years. The second set lasted only 7 years. The current set is 2 years old and doing just fine.

I hope you find a good company.

cdsulhoff

It's hard to find a good dependable company. In 2001 I called Parker Door Co in Waldorf which was 3/4 of a mile from my house. I couldn't get them to return my call so they lost out.

2 years ago I called Beltway Garage doors and they wanted almost $500 to replace my 2 springs; (Are they on drugs or what)??!! My springs and door (16' steel) are very heavy duty but springs are springs!

I've seen it done twice now so I feel very confident that I'll do it myself next time. My first set of springs lasted 16 years. The second set lasted only 7 years. The current set is 2 years old and doing just fine.

I hope you find a good company.

Yeah Beltway door will tear you another butthole! He's a crook! I know he tells him employees to tell the customers that they need new rollers on there door even if they don't cause they don't know any better. He gets upset if they don't jack up the bill! I don't know too much about Parker! I normally don't talk trash about other companies cause its not professional but I will warn anyone about Beltway! Cause what he does is not morally right!