Hurricane Earl

boxerluverz

So If possible (not sure if it is on this forum lol) I'm looking for serious opinions on whether or not my family should start thinking about emergency preparedness for the hurricane?!

I know it might sound dumb to some people but I haven't lived here long so I really just don't know! :)

Thanks SOMD'ers

So If possible (not sure if it is on this forum lol) I'm looking for serious opinions on whether or not my family should start thinking about emergency preparedness for the hurricane?!

I know it might sound dumb to some people but I haven't lived here long so I really just don't know! :)

Thanks SOMD'ers

In my completely serious opinion, nobody knows what the hurricane will do. You should be aware of it and you should keep up on the regular tracking updates. As for preparedness... you should already have basics such as batteries, flashlights, water and such on hand the beginning of every hurricane season not just because we are expecting a hurricane to hit, but because you will have what you need on hand for any weather situation and you'll be ahead of the game for winter.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Thanks SOMD'ers

watch the weather channel, they have people all up and down the east coast and are giving constants updates.

SoccerMom2

Thanks SOMD'ers

:cds: Another huricane thread! Anytime a storm is coming you should always be prepared.

boxerluverz

Thanks Guys, I am prepared in the way that I have stuff, just wondering if ppl think it's time to start packing bags in case we have to leave or anything. I understand you should always try and be prepared, just looking for other people's opinions.

Thanks Guys, I am prepared in the way that I have stuff, just wondering if ppl think it's time to start packing bags in case we have to leave or anything. I understand you should always try and be prepared, just looking for other people's opinions.

I've lived here through a couple of direct hits and it seems that as long as you aren't on the water and batten down the hatches you'll be fine.

SoccerMom2

It wouldn't hurt. Don't forget the tp and batteries.

boxerluverz

I just moved to a water oriented neighborhood over the 301 bridge! lol
Well I guess we will keep our eyes and ears peeled!

I just moved to a water oriented neighborhood over the 301 bridge! lol
Well I guess we will keep our eyes and ears peeled!

Then easy-peasy! All you have to do is listen to your local officials and they will let you know if you need to evacuate.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
It can't hurt to be prepared. You may feel silly if it was unnecessary, but the alternative would be worse. Just my opinion.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I can't ever remember a general evacuation order except for low lying land next to the water. Because of the trees alone around here you should always be prepared to lose power for a day or two. Don't forget the animals!
We have never been hit by a major hurricane, but the last big one; "Isabel" shut the area down for a week.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Run!!! Everyone Run Now!!! Leave!!! Go!! You'll All Die If You Don't!!!

MEANWHILE, I'LL BE OUT BOATING AND DRINKING A BEER YOU BIG DUMMIES....lmao

Mdbtyhtr

Presidential lakes? Fill your bathtub up with water. You can use this water to flush toilets if the power goes out and you have no well pump, or if on city water and their electricity goes out.

Other than that, cold beer, whip cream, candles and your spouse...lock the kids outside!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Attachments

• mynameisearl.jpg
    mynameisearl.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 58

Wenchy

Hot Flash
:killingme
I swear people on here are idiots.

You are so smart and only hide under your bed when a tiny tornado/straight line wind rattles your house. You probably even peed yourself.

I can't remember the event but I do remember the posting.

We should always be prepared.

I'm leaving for the weekend. The boys have five cans of soup, a loaf of bread, PB&J, one roll of paper towels, plenty of tp and I will fill a tub for them in case they lose power so they can flush their turds.

They also have a little bit of food in the fridge/freezer they can cook on the grill.

If the storm actually hits here and wreaks havoc, I have explained what to do. Will they listen? :killingme

I hope they will at least hide under the bed.