Joe's Crab Shack

Elmo

Does anyone know where the nearest Joe' Crab Shack is? I keep seeing the commerical.

Thanks in advanced.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Does anyone know where the nearest Joe' Crab Shack is? I keep seeing the commerical.

Thanks in advanced.

I think there is one in Bethesda, not positive though. I went to one when I lived in MD and it was out near Dulles Airport.

Elmo

Thanks everyone, I guess I am going to have to make a trip to VA. I hope they are everything like their commerical says.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Thanks everyone, I guess I am going to have to make a trip to VA. I hope they are everything like their commerical says.

They aren't. My husband and I went to the one here in July and I've never spent so much in a restaurant and still walked out hungry. They were a rip off. Go to Red Lobster, you can find one of those much close. The one near the Dulles airport was better, but I do remember it was really expensive.

Last edited:

Elmo

Thanks for the info Bay_Kat.

I do wish Red Lobster would come back with their all you can eat crab legs.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
They aren't. My husband and I went to the one here in July and I've never spent so much in a restaurant and still walked out hungry. They were a rip off. Go to Red Lobster, you can find one of those much close. The one near the Dulles airport was better, but I do remember it was really expensive.

What in the world did you order? Their prices are very reasonable.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
What in the world did you order? Their prices are very reasonable.

Those bucket things, not sure what they are up there, but they were 40 something here. The ones with the 3 different crab legs and they give you 2 of each leg, half ear of corn and two potatoes that we couldn't find until we looked in the bottom of the bucket.

Like I said, the one near Dulles was better but we were with a lot of people and I don't think we paid the tab on that one so I have no idea how much it was, it was a while back.

fjennell

i've always loved the one in fredericksburg - great coconut shrimp! kids enjoy the place too - lots of things/toys hung on the walls and the waitresses sing and dance to old songs like "car wash" its a fun place.

cdsulhoff

Oh my save a trip! DONT GO! It was pretty bad when I went! UGH!
but everyone has their own opinion on what they think is good seafood!

Does anyone remember the seafood place that used to be in Waldorf! they had a buffet! I used to love it as a kid! LOL
I believe it was called Chesapeake bay seafood house!

laynpipe

i might have to try this place.
if i get the chance to try it, i'll report back....

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Bay_Kat.

I do wish Red Lobster would come back with their all you can eat crab legs.

I just took hubby to Captain John's for all you can eat steamed shrimp and crab legs.... why drive to some other state for that?

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Does anyone remember the seafood place that used to be in Waldorf! they had a buffet! I used to love it as a kid! LOL

We had one in Gaithersburg. I loved it! They had frog legs on the buffet at one point. I tried them, liked them and then felt guilty.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
We had one in Gaithersburg. I loved it! They had frog legs on the buffet at one point. I tried them, liked them and then felt guilty.

Yes, they were awesome, every weekend the line at the one in Waldorf was around the building, and even during the week they were usually pretty busy. I was surprised when they closed.

calvertgirl

We used to go to the Chesapeake Bay Seafood House at Allentown Mall, usually with another family. The moms and kids would eat as much as they could, then walk the mall for a little shopping while the dads stayed and kept eating. Come to think of it, maybe that's why they went out of business...LOL

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Yes, they were awesome, every weekend the line at the one in Waldorf was around the building, and even during the week they were usually pretty busy. I was surprised when they closed.

This is what happened:

Chesapeake Seafood

I don't care for Chili's.

Great memories of what they were. One weekend three of us (aged 16) walked to the one in Gaithersburg and splurged. I do believe we also ordered a pitcher of beer. We were such rebels.

lovinmaryland

Hell yeah that was the #### when I was a kid I LOVED that place :getdown: