Info on St. Mary's Candidates

RedBaron

Bird of Prey
Is there somewhere I can find the info on all the candidates for St. Mary's county? I do not want to go into vote with blinders on as I am not familiar with all of the candidates.

R

retiredweaxman

Is there somewhere I can find the info on all the candidates for St. Mary's county? I do not want to go into vote with blinders on as I am not familiar with all of the candidates.

JP Cusack (democratic primary for Governor) has been mentioned in a "few" threads here on SOMD. I suggest looking through the "politics" and "religion" forums to see what he has to say...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thanks. Do you know of anywhere where I can find the candidates running platform?

Simple: They all want to reduce your taxes, stop corruption, bring responsibility back into government, and will give you whiter teeth and fresher breath.

PrepH4U

The enterprise yesterday had a small voters guide in it. They asked the the county candidates the same questions and printed their answers. All responded except Kenny Dement. If you cannot find the paper, maybe they have a link in their online edition. That might help you a bit. :shrug:

Dimwit Child

Chaos and Mayhem
If Kenny is really concerned

about winning.........
Maybe he needs to do a little more then stick 1000's of signs up. Sure he's been a commissioner for 8 years but an election is about the future, plans for the next term, and what he might like to see done in that time.

Obviously, he's decided, saying nothing gives him his best chance for winning.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
about winning.........
Maybe he needs to do a little more then stick 1000's of signs up. Sure he's been a commissioner for 8 years but an election is about the future, plans for the next term, and what he might like to see done in that time.

Obviously, he's decided, saying nothing gives him his best chance for winning.

Dement not attending forums, answering candidate questions
Friday, Aug. 27, 2010

E-Mail This Article | Print This Story

St. Mary's County Commissioner Kenny Dement (R) is running for a third straight term, but in this election he's not participating in candidate forums or taking part in election interviews with the media.

He didn't answer any questions from the Education Association of St. Mary's County. He didn't attend the League of Women Voters forum on Monday. He has also declined an invitation to answer questions for a voters' guide that will appear in The Enterprise on Sept. 1.

"I've got eight years' experience and the public and citizens know what I'm about," Dement said this week. Dement faces three challengers in the Republican primary in the Sept. 14 election — Dorothy Andrews, Richard A. Johnson and Cindy Jones.

"All three of my opponents should let the public know what they're all about. The citizens already know what I'm about," he said.

"I think the public forums are good for new candidates, but not as necessary for me," Dement said.

Such a dumba#s! But he probably is better to keep his mouth shut. Even though he does a pretty smile with his new teeth.

RedBaron

Bird of Prey
The enterprise yesterday had a small voters guide in it. They asked the the county candidates the same questions and printed their answers. All responded except Kenny Dement. If you cannot find the paper, maybe they have a link in their online edition. That might help you a bit. :shrug:

Here's a collection of articles from during the campaign season.....

Southern Maryland

Awesome! Thanks alot!