What's the deal with this guy?

annemayer

There is a homeless man who appears to live at the old gas station in Prince Frederick,right across from the school - by Safeway,movie theater,etc. I see him all the time,summer and winter,and always wonder,who is he? Why is he there-don't the owners of the land care? I'm not starting this thread to talk about how horrible the homeless are or how it's all Bush/Obama's fault - most of us are only an illness or a missed couple of paychecks away form being there ourselves,I'm just curious about him and have always wondered what his deal is. Thought about just asking him once while I was sitting in my car at the light,but figured he could be mentally ill and didn't want to be perceived as intruding or whatever.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
There are a few threads on here about him. He has money..he has family, local.... He chooses to live the way he does.

Mdbtyhtr

There are homeless everywhere, entire tent communities. When on an exit ramp, do you see blue tarps in the woods?

Scott

FED_UP

There are a few threads on here about him. He has money..he has family, local.... He chooses to live the way he does.

Wow their must be something mentally wrong, why would you choose to be homeless :shrug: I guess the same reason why people who can't afford kids have kids knowingly that welfare is going to take care of them. Plenty of free careers in the US. You can be all you want to be in America, I might want to be a bumb next year. Don't knock it till ya try it.

There is a homeless man who appears to live at the old gas station in Prince Frederick,right across from the school - by Safeway,movie theater,etc. I see him all the time,summer and winter,and always wonder,who is he? Why is he there-don't the owners of the land care? I'm not starting this thread to talk about how horrible the homeless are or how it's all Bush/Obama's fault - most of us are only an illness or a missed couple of paychecks away form being there ourselves,I'm just curious about him and have always wondered what his deal is. Thought about just asking him once while I was sitting in my car at the light,but figured he could be mentally ill and didn't want to be perceived as intruding or whatever.

Next time you see him bring a Big N Tasty meal, supersized from McDonald's. :snacks:

nobody really

I need a nap
i was doing safe nights for my church over the holiday season. Not very many homeless showed up, but the other members of the church that were there said there are a ton of homeless in tents behind k-mart in pr fred. i would have never guessed.

betty99

Wow their must be something mentally wrong, why would you choose to be homeless :shrug: I guess the same reason why people who can't afford kids have kids knowingly that welfare is going to take care of them. Plenty of free careers in the US. You can be all you want to be in America, I might want to be a bumb next year. Don't knock it till ya try it.
QUOTE]

There was a man I knew in Florida who would hang out in the bar my friends and I frequented. His name was John and he lived in a tent community in the woods. He would do odd jobs around the bar for drinks, and John had a job at a tye-died t-shirt factory. He chose this way of life. I asked him one night why. He explained to me that when he came back from Vietnam, he tried to live at home again and it just didn't work anymore. He said the only way he felt at peace was to live the life he was living. He said his family didn't understand it and he wished it were easier on them, but this is what he needed to do.

You rarely ever know someone's story or why they do what they do, but I don't think you should just judge the surface.

laynpipe

he logs on here all the time. his screen name is baja28.....LOL

all jokes aside, he is a life long resident of the county. i have relatives that went to high school with him back in the 60's. i was told that the county arranged for him a place in the silverhood apartments but he choose not to stay there. i know his name is bill.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
he logs on here all the time. his screen name is baja28.....LOL

all jokes aside, he is a life long resident of the county. i have relatives that wen to high school with him back in the 60's. i was told that the county arranged for him a place in the silverhood apartments but he choose not to stay there. i know his name is bill.
Why aren't you in school. As stupid as you are, you need every day you can get in a classroom.

Now are you going to cry to board mommy again and have a thread deleted? :killingme

Mdbtyhtr

While hunting a fugitive from St Mary's County in Woodbridge, VA, I had occasion to crawl through a number of these little villages. From a sociological standpoint, it was very interesting. They all have one guy in charge, he controls who stays and who goes. No exchange of money or food, there is little enough of that to go around. These people are frequented by church outreach programs, have opportunities to come in and shower and or sleep at shelters, but most prefer not to. There is also an issue of age, the older ones stay away from the shelters because they cannot defend themselves against the younger ones, so fear is a factor. There is also a code of conduct, where the older ones believe that the younger ones are homeless by choice as opposed to circumstances. One "leader" explained to me that the younger ones are more "Run aways" that did not want to follow their parents rules, anarchists. We are here because it is the only option that we have.

This individual explained to me that he had watched his father kill his mother and then put his brother in the hospital. He said "My father is in Hell now" and didn't offer anything further, but it wasn't difficult to see that he had helped his father get there, and then went off of the grid.

Scott

nobody really

I need a nap
While hunting a fugitive from St Mary's County in Woodbridge, VA, I had occasion to crawl through a number of these little villages. From a sociological standpoint, it was very interesting. They all have one guy in charge, he controls who stays and who goes. No exchange of money or food, there is little enough of that to go around. These people are frequented by church outreach programs, have opportunities to come in and shower and or sleep at shelters, but most prefer not to. There is also an issue of age, the older ones stay away from the shelters because they cannot defend themselves against the younger ones, so fear is a factor. There is also a code of conduct, where the older ones believe that the younger ones are homeless by choice as opposed to circumstances. One "leader" explained to me that the younger ones are more "Run aways" that did not want to follow their parents rules, anarchists. We are here because it is the only option that we have.

This individual explained to me that he had watched his father kill his mother and then put his brother in the hospital. He said "My father is in Hell now" and didn't offer anything further, but it wasn't difficult to see that he had helped his father get there, and then went off of the grid.

Scott

WTF??

Toxick

Splat
Haul him of to jail for trespassing.

For hanging out in a parking lot?

IANAL, but I would think that the owners of commercial land would have to make it known to someone that they aren't wanted before they just up and have someone hauled off to jail for trespassing.

Otherwise, they could simply have everyone in their store at any given time thrown into jail for trespassing.

There was no indication in any previous posts that the hobo in question has been warned off the property before, and I have never seen any "No Trespassing" signs in that parking lot.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
They just need to put up a no loitering sign then they could easily get that dirty bum out of there.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
he is not homeless, he lives in his car :buddies:....I believe his family owns the gas station he stays at and many more